CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

+81
TXCHOCLTE
tamtam7
Neems
kim
freckledmom4
mizcreativelyme
j. kinky
Hurricane Curly
Nikcoils
CurlyChefRobin
laleepop14
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
ktoliver5303
swoodward
priceless
QuietButterfly
MomnWife
NaturalNixon
Muz
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
iri9109
krazy coils
LadyMika
CurlsGalore
TMS
jlowman1
poeticlyspkng
LaToya28
NubieNatty
MellowOne
CurlCita
Juices-n-Berries
marbar1908
cutephantasm
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
exhale1913
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
truet
Erica5417
TerraD
d.denise
CocaColaCutie
Lynnieluve
lovesunshine17
kchapman06
Freestyles
tiashaunteé
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
tiffyd
Courtie
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Winnielours
Leila
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
vonda4b
ChrsLvsBks
boingboing
perkynapp
ButterQueen
steppinOUT
naturalmommyGA
MeekMonique
dajewel
crvng4mr
D-Lish
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
85 posters

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Empty Re: AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 7:55 pm

So ALatina, since my hair has grown out even more during this transition, I am finding it unenjoyable to style my hair. I love to wash (prepoo,poo, or cowash), DC, and everything BUT style. It takes entirely too long, especially compared to my relaxed days. I have 2 smal children and they are both boys (lots of energy), so I really don't have time to play around with my hair. I see alot of women on the site doing these long regimens and trying all sorts of things and doing their hair alot. I really don't have that luxury. I wish I did, but I don't. How do you cope with that? (maybe I will start a thread on this...lol)
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st December 2009, 8:09 pm

ALatina You would be proud I bought 2 and got 2. Then went and got some shea butter and that's it.

Now I'm good. I posted my henna gloss recipes on my thread if you want to peruse them.

@SweetDrk I knew you would and your story was u needed honey you know how expensive rite aid is you could have went somewhere else...your story is just as flimsy and ALatina's Candle indeed AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 8:11 pm

I also find it hard sometimes to balance all that I do and still have time to do my hair BUT I try to make it work. One thing that helps that you already know about is doing things when my son is sleep. It doesn't always work out because he'll either wake up or I'll find myself doing something else like cleaning up, doing laundry, or getting dinner ready, and on rare occasions browsing this website lol. I usually shower when my hubby is home so that means I get a shower in before he goes to work at 1030 and after he gets off work at 330 or 1030(depending on the day of the week).

I can easily get a cowash in while I'm in the shower. Anything other than that has to be snuck in at some point. If I'm lucky I can get my DC mixed up and slathered on and put under a shower cap and scarf before my son wants to eat(if he's awake * I breastfeed) Henna treatments, pre poos, my new love brahmi treaments all have to go in while he's sleeping and preferably when my hunny is home. Because he is so small I can get away with laying him in his crib with a toy if I need to rinse my hair really quick as I did yesterday with the brahmi. (He likes to have me in his line of sight at all times practically) So after I rinse I prop him up on some pillow on my bed so he can see me in the bathroom finishing my hair.

I wish I could have a set regimen but that would require that my son be on my schedule. You and I both know that I am on HIS schedule lol I completely understand what you mean about not finding doing your hair enjoyable. I find it to be a task to do more than some big flat twists in my hair at this point.

I think it would be great to have a Curly Parents/Parenting Section of the site. We should both send Nikki a message as well as the other moms.

How old are your boys?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 8:12 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:ALatina You would be proud I bought 2 and got 2. Then went and got some shea butter and that's it.

Now I'm good. I posted my henna gloss recipes on my thread if you want to peruse them.

@SweetDrk I knew you would and your story was u needed honey you know how expensive rite aid is you could have went somewhere else...your story is just as flimsy and ALatina's Candle indeed AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Lol

LMBO...SHEE!! I really did need a candle. RiteAid is seriously the closest store to my house. I promise. The Giovanni just HAPPENED to be on sale there too.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 8:42 pm

My boys are 1 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2. And the 3 yr old doesnt nap anymore. So even if one sleeps, I have to make sure the other is occupied. That is why I call Friday night my SPA NIGHT. Because then I can do my hair and all the other things I have to do for myself without interruption. The kids are asleep and my husband is not home. But that only gives me like 3 hours. I hope it is just the transition. Don't get me wrong I love doing my own hair. It's just the styling part is taking longer. Is it just the transition or does it get better? AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_surprised
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st December 2009, 8:50 pm

I know ALatina...but the whole thing is HILARIOUS!! You ladies don't know how much I needed our banter and laughs.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 9:01 pm

I think it gets easier Intelligent. Its still just going to be a matter of finding balance. You'll be fine. If you can keep Friday night as your spa night you'll be fine. Finally getting rid of my relaxed ends was so freeing in every sense of the word. I did so many rollersets (that took forever) during my transition to hide those relaxed ends. I don't miss it at all.

@Shee...you definitely keep us on our toes. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 9:08 pm

Thank you I really needed to hear that. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_biggrin Ok now it's time for storytime before bed. Have a Happy and safe New years eve.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 1st January 2010, 2:27 pm

So I know that I already said that BRAHMI IS THE BUSINESS but ladies I don't think that statement does it justice. My hair is so soft and I had very little shedding. I think someone else should give this a try just so I can know that I'm not just having an exceptional experience. I KNOW its the brahmi because even before I added product to my hair is was SOOOO soft! I LOVE ME SOME BRAHMI! OOoh, Mahoganycurls can back me up. She did a video review on it.

I'll be back with pictures once my laptop stops acting up.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st January 2010, 2:35 pm

LOL @ Shee I DID need honey and it WASN'T expensive. My lazy a$$ didn't want to go to Stop n Shop but had to anyway...had to get evoo
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 1st January 2010, 5:23 pm

This is what the Brahmi looks like when mixed with coconut oil, Vatika oil, shea butter, and castor oil. I didn't let the shea butter melt enough so I had to smash it up after I took this picture.
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Hair408

Here's an update on my edges:
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE008
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE007

After rinsing out the Brahmi and doing a cowash with HHLTR I parted my hair into two sections and admired how soft my hair was for at least 5 minutes. I put one side in a plastic shower cap so it wouldn't dry out while I applied my leave in mix, Vatika oil, and castor oil to the other.
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE015

In order to stretch my hair I put my hair in 4 ponytails and tucked the ends and allowed my hair to dry.
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE022

I attempted to do some two strand twists( I tried Lynnie) but my edges weren't allowing me to get it done. I find it easier to hide my edges when I do my flat twist out. Since I don't have any plans this weekend I'll be rocking these flat twists probably until Monday.
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE028
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 NYE030
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 5:54 pm

I would love a Curly Parents Section!! I love mommy talk.

Your edges are comimg back in really well. I remember seeing the before pics on another thread. I'm sorry the two strand twist didnt work out. That's ok....You'll be ready by spring/summertime.

Cant wait to see the twist out!

Happy New Year!! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 6:50 pm

Happy New Year!

Your edges are filling in nicely. I think I remember watching Jess's video on brahmi too before I delved into ayurvedic powders. I definitely notice less shedding after using them.

As always, nice tight twists.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 12:02 am

Thanks ladies.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2010, 12:13 am

great progress with your edges!

Looking forward to the twist out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 3:46 am

Hey girl I found a site that sells all natural fragrances and EOs. It is www.mountainroseherbs.com. It is reasonable and I like how the oils are extracted. They have myrruh and frankenses (spell check) as EO. That is what I am talking about. cHECK IT OUT.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 11:43 am

I will be checking that out. Thanks!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 3:34 pm

I went under my bookmarks on my computer and realized I already had that website saved. I bookmark any and everything and then forget about it. This is the website for the lady that makes her own natural deodorant. She has a number of things on her site but its not solely focused on making things. You'll just have to browse about or just click on the natural body products tab under the post title. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 5:09 pm

I'm still wearing my same flat twists. I was so tempted to take them down last night and try a rollerset but my head was hurting and I knew that if I started I probably wouldn't finish. I'm going to try to keep these in until Monday.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 2nd January 2010, 9:16 pm

ALatina, if you get a chance read my BNB thread for today. SisiterBoyd post some really good info regarding natural care for babies. I didn't copy and paste because it's a little lenghty but I thought it might help you and anyone with little ones.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 2nd January 2010, 9:21 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:My boys are 1 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2. And the 3 yr old doesnt nap anymore. So even if one sleeps, I have to make sure the other is occupied. That is why I call Friday night my SPA NIGHT. Because then I can do my hair and all the other things I have to do for myself without interruption. The kids are asleep and my husband is not home. But that only gives me like 3 hours. I hope it is just the transition. Don't get me wrong I love doing my own hair. It's just the styling part is taking longer. Is it just the transition or does it get better? AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_surprised

I feel you on this one Intelligentbeauty. My sons are older (one teen and a 9 and 7 y/o) but I'm still busy nontheless. This is why I do very simple hair routines. If I put in twist or cornrows believe me they have to stay in for awhile. Right now I like putting in 6 flat twist and doing a twistout in the morning (if I'm not going anywhere I leave them in). It takes less than 20 minutes to put in the twist and even less to take them out.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 9:30 pm

HumanNature wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:My boys are 1 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2. And the 3 yr old doesnt nap anymore. So even if one sleeps, I have to make sure the other is occupied. That is why I call Friday night my SPA NIGHT. Because then I can do my hair and all the other things I have to do for myself without interruption. The kids are asleep and my husband is not home. But that only gives me like 3 hours. I hope it is just the transition. Don't get me wrong I love doing my own hair. It's just the styling part is taking longer. Is it just the transition or does it get better? AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_surprised

I feel you on this one Intelligentbeauty. My sons are older (one teen and a 9 and 7 y/o) but I'm still busy nontheless. This is why I do very simple hair routines. If I put in twist or cornrows believe me they have to stay in for awhile. Right now I like putting in 6 flat twist and doing a twistout in the morning (if I'm not going anywhere I leave them in). It takes less than 20 minutes to put in the twist and even less to take them out.

I agree on the flat twists. They are less time consuming than doing two strand twists for me.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 9:45 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:
HumanNature wrote:

I agree on the flat twists. They are less time consuming than doing two strand twists for me.

I need to practice on my flat twist again. I tried it before but it was not cute. I think I will twist them down like you ALatina and see what I come up with.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 9:49 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:
HumanNature wrote:

I need to practice on my flat twist again. I tried it before but it was not cute. I think I will twist them down like you ALatina and see what I come up with.

OOOOHH! I want to see! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 12 Icon_bounce I really need to step my hair styling game up...these flat twists are starting to get kind of boring. I need to be FIERCE come spring time!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 9:54 pm

You know I will post pics when I do them.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next