CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

+81
TXCHOCLTE
tamtam7
Neems
kim
freckledmom4
mizcreativelyme
j. kinky
Hurricane Curly
Nikcoils
CurlyChefRobin
laleepop14
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
ktoliver5303
swoodward
priceless
QuietButterfly
MomnWife
NaturalNixon
Muz
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
iri9109
krazy coils
LadyMika
CurlsGalore
TMS
jlowman1
poeticlyspkng
LaToya28
NubieNatty
MellowOne
CurlCita
Juices-n-Berries
marbar1908
cutephantasm
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
exhale1913
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
truet
Erica5417
TerraD
d.denise
CocaColaCutie
Lynnieluve
lovesunshine17
kchapman06
Freestyles
tiashaunteé
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
tiffyd
Courtie
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Winnielours
Leila
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
vonda4b
ChrsLvsBks
boingboing
perkynapp
ButterQueen
steppinOUT
naturalmommyGA
MeekMonique
dajewel
crvng4mr
D-Lish
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
85 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Empty Re: AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 2:09 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:
HumanNature wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:My boys are 1 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2. And the 3 yr old doesnt nap anymore. So even if one sleeps, I have to make sure the other is occupied. That is why I call Friday night my SPA NIGHT. Because then I can do my hair and all the other things I have to do for myself without interruption. The kids are asleep and my husband is not home. But that only gives me like 3 hours. I hope it is just the transition. Don't get me wrong I love doing my own hair. It's just the styling part is taking longer. Is it just the transition or does it get better? AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_surprised

I feel you on this one Intelligentbeauty. My sons are older (one teen and a 9 and 7 y/o) but I'm still busy nontheless. This is why I do very simple hair routines. If I put in twist or cornrows believe me they have to stay in for awhile. Right now I like putting in 6 flat twist and doing a twistout in the morning (if I'm not going anywhere I leave them in). It takes less than 20 minutes to put in the twist and even less to take them out.

I agree on the flat twists. They are less time consuming than doing two strand twists for me.

Yes, I also find the flat twist to be a time saver. But on my transitioned hair it doesn't stay for more than 1 day. And you know we can't have that AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 2:11 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:I went under my bookmarks on my computer and realized I already had that website saved. I bookmark any and everything and then forget about it. This is the website for the lady that makes her own natural deodorant. She has a number of things on her site but its not solely focused on making things. You'll just have to browse about or just click on the natural body products tab under the post title. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_smile

Oooo, Thanks Alatina. I will be checking this out. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 2:16 am

Oh my goodness, I love this site. Thanks again.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila 3rd January 2010, 3:47 pm

Alatina - thanks for the Brahmi review i bought a box two months ago and i didnt know how to get started. Thanks for the positive feedback i got it to make my hair stronger and thicker.

On a side note i wish i knew how to do those lovely twists AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

Leila

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd January 2010, 10:40 pm

You're welcome Intelligent! I was excited when I came across it too!

@Leila No problem sis. I was so pleased with the results of the brahmi. I'll try almost anything once to see how it works. I'm the worst at giving instructions on how to do styles but there are tons of videos on two strand flat twists on youtube. I can't cornrow to save my life but I can do some mean flat twists lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 1:34 pm

There has been no change in my hairstyle since last week, I REPEAT NO CHANGE IN HAIRSTYLE lol

I'm still rockin' my flat twists and I really dont know when I'll take them out. Any time I leave the house I put on my satin scarf and then a hat over that. My hair is getting some much needed rest. When I do take them out I think I'm going to henna since I haven't done it in a while.

I've been rubbing Vatika oil and castor oil into my edges as of late so I'm hoping it will help in this process.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th January 2010, 1:54 pm

I miss the days when I could put my hair in flat twists or cornrows and cover it up every time I went out. My hair really loved that. I am sure yours will also.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 2:00 pm

I hope your right Tia. If I could have my hair back in full effect by the Spring I will be one pleased sista. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 10:53 pm

Meant to tell you...looks like your edges are filling in nicely! Grow edges, grow!
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 879602
---Reese AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 10:59 pm

Awww. thanks Reese...I hope they are listening.

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Hair_010
September 2009
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Hair316
November 2009
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 NYE007
January 2010

Go edges, Go edges, GO GO , Go edges!! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 678474
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 5th January 2010, 2:30 pm

So when you keep your hair in flat twists for a week you don't really have much to talk about. I have still been showing my edges some TLC by applying Vatika Oil to them daily.

I made an appointment to have my sons 6 months pictures taken next Monday and we're also going to take a family picture as well so I have got to figure out what I'm going to do with my hair before then. I may take these twists out tomorrow and start playing around with some ideas. I might start with VMichelles flat twists starting from the middle of my head. I saw Tias lovely results so I just might give it a shot and I'm thinking it will cover my edges pretty well.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 2:33 pm

Yes, I think that would be great with covering your edges. The only thing that was annoying was the two in the front that hung down in my face, LOL. I ended up loosely clipping them back so that I could sleep.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 5:19 pm

The flat twist around the head may be a good idea, I thought it was pretty smart when I saw it. Can't wait to see the family pics... I still want to pinch your sons cheeks! AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_redface
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 5th January 2010, 9:34 pm

On a whim I mixed up some henna, sat it on top of the vent in our bathroom to speed up the dye release, and applied it to my hair. I added just a little bit of orange juice since I was too lazy to make some green tea and allow it to cool. I also added a little aloe, castor oil, and lavender oil to disguise the smell. The last time I henna'd I believe my hunny said it smelled like vomit or something else that you don't want your hunny to associate you with when he smells you lol. I'll be sleeping in this gooey goodness overnight, go through the motions of rinsing it out and then I'm going to do a brahmi treatment. I'll let that stay on for an hour and then I'll DC.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 10:19 pm

Sounds like a plan! I may Henna and Indigo on Thursday! I got to get up on that Brahmi! You are going to use it after your henna treatment? You are definitely making me a believer! I think I'll try the Brahmi next month!

---Reese AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila 6th January 2010, 12:35 pm

Alatina i meant to tell you edges are growing nicely AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_smile

I have been doing alot of hot oil treatments i randomly mix whatever oils i have at home like coconut, olive, jojoba and shea. I must say my hair is loving it and no more frizz......I have been reading and implementing all the lovely advise i get from you ladies AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 13 Icon_bounce

Leila

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th January 2010, 12:54 pm

@Freestyles I'm hoping this goes well. I've never done a brahmi treatment after a henna treatment. You know I'll be back with results. I hope I didn't set myself up with that first brahmi treatment because the results were phenomenal. I'm hoping for the same thing this time.

@ Leila(lovely name by the way) Thank you. Gotta love no frizz lol I haven't been doing many hot oil treatments but I have implemented dajewels EVOO & EVCO DC treatments and my hair has loved it. Smile I learn a lot from these wonderful ladies too.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 6th January 2010, 1:07 pm

Your edges are coming right along girl! They look great! You just put the Vatika oil on them regularly?
I want to try the Brahmi also...got to find somewhere to get it locally. I also did dajewels oil DC and loved it! I will be doing that weekly.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th January 2010, 2:16 pm

@jamaica...Since I've been keeping my hair twisted up I still wanted to show my edges some love so I just put the oil on them daily. I figure it can't hurt and I'm just praying for some more results. I really need to get a regimen going.

I'll let you ladies know how the brahmi treatment goes, I have it on my hair now. The first time I did it on dry hair but since I just rinsed the henna out my hair was a bit damp. I just dried it with an old t-shirt.

I just googled Indian Grocery stores in Atlanta

Indian Bazaar
4639 N. Shallowford Rd Georgia (GA) Phone: (770) 455 3128

Other Indian Grocery Stores in Atlanta and Surrounding Areas Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th January 2010, 2:45 pm

alatina that is excellent progress on your edges!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 6th January 2010, 3:01 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:@jamaica...Since I've been keeping my hair twisted up I still wanted to show my edges some love so I just put the oil on them daily. I figure it can't hurt and I'm just praying for some more results. I really need to get a regimen going.

I'll let you ladies know how the brahmi treatment goes, I have it on my hair now. The first time I did it on dry hair but since I just rinsed the henna out my hair was a bit damp. I just dried it with an old t-shirt.

Indian Bazaar

Thanks girly! I replied to you in my BnB. I called some of the numbers of the places that are close to where I'll be tomorrow....no luck. Some disconnected numbers and some just no answer. I will not stop looking though!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 6th January 2010, 3:06 pm

Thank you so much for that website. I found some Indian marts in KS..that's closest to me since there were none in KCMO. Question: whee did you get your screen name from?
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th January 2010, 3:49 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:@jamaica...Since I've been keeping my hair twisted up I still wanted to show my edges some love so I just put the oil on them daily. I figure it can't hurt and I'm just praying for some more results. I really need to get a regimen going.

Indian Bazaar

Thanks girly! I replied to you in my BnB. I called some of the numbers of the places that are close to where I'll be tomorrow....no luck. Some disconnected numbers and some just no answer. I will not stop looking though!!

Well damn lol, I figured there would be some non working numbers but not all. Good luck my dear finding one. When you do I'm going to need you to pass it along since I'll be moving to Atlanta in July and I will definitely need to know where I can get my henna, brahmi, and neem fix lol.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th January 2010, 3:51 pm

vonda4b wrote:Thank you so much for that website. I found some Indian marts in KS..that's closest to me since there were none in KCMO. Question: whee did you get your screen name from?

You are so welcome hun. I came up with my screen name because of my nationalities lol whatever you want to call it. I am African(American), Panamanian, and Jamaican. Smile

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 6th January 2010, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 6th January 2010, 3:55 pm

Thanks girly! I replied to you in my BnB. I called some of the numbers of the places that are close to where I'll be tomorrow....no luck. Some disconnected numbers and some just no answer. I will not stop looking though!![/quote]

Well damn lol, I figured there would be some non working numbers but not all. Good luck my dear finding one. When you do I'm going to need you to pass it along since I'll be moving to Atlanta in July and I will definitely need to know where I can get my henna, brahmi, and neem fix lol.[/quote]

I know right! I asked a friend and she said there are quite a few Indian grocery places down by the farmers market so I may have to trek over to there sometime this week.
So what's brining you to ATL? Do you have family here? Do you know what part you will be moving to? Maybe we can meet up! Ok enough with the questions for now Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next