CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

+81
TXCHOCLTE
tamtam7
Neems
kim
freckledmom4
mizcreativelyme
j. kinky
Hurricane Curly
Nikcoils
CurlyChefRobin
laleepop14
CrissyQ
WhosThatRedHead
ktoliver5303
swoodward
priceless
QuietButterfly
MomnWife
NaturalNixon
Muz
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
iri9109
krazy coils
LadyMika
CurlsGalore
TMS
jlowman1
poeticlyspkng
LaToya28
NubieNatty
MellowOne
CurlCita
Juices-n-Berries
marbar1908
cutephantasm
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
exhale1913
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
truet
Erica5417
TerraD
d.denise
CocaColaCutie
Lynnieluve
lovesunshine17
kchapman06
Freestyles
tiashaunteé
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
tiffyd
Courtie
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Winnielours
Leila
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
vonda4b
ChrsLvsBks
boingboing
perkynapp
ButterQueen
steppinOUT
naturalmommyGA
MeekMonique
dajewel
crvng4mr
D-Lish
nmoultry
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
85 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Empty Re: AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A...

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 1:55 pm

Hey I think I am protien sensitive, my twist are hard and I noticed the SAS has protien in it! I am going to have to be careful using it, I will keep you posted! ALso, please share what your are crocheting, I want to see...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 29th December 2009, 5:05 pm

Oh man, that sucks. I loved the SAS and my sons hair did too. I'm not protein sensitive so I don't know what would help. Would mixing it with something help?

I'm crocheting my baby a beanie...its actually just a tad bit too big and I've come so far past the point where I should've stopped increasing that I'm just going to finish it and he'll grow into it. I'm going to make another one though. I'll take a picture and do my product review on the SAS later my dear Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 3:37 pm

PRODUCT REVIEW: GIOVANNI SMOOTH AS SILK DEEPER MOISTURE CONDITIONER

Move over Aussie Moist. Mama has a new favorite conditioner. SAS literally melted into my hair as I did my cowash. The slip that it provided was amazing as I used my fingers to comb my hair and collect the shed hair as I went through each section. I love the thickness of it as well. After going through w/ my fingers I used my wide tooth comb to go through my hair. It seriously didn't need the comb, its just habit. I placed my plastic cap on after doing both sections, took care of shower needs and then rinsed. My hair was in four big twists as I rinsed with cold water. Smooth as silk is a good way to describe it. My hair was so soft even before an product was added. And it smelled great too.

Because it is sulfate free I felt comfortable using it on my sons hair. He's developed a little bald spot on the back of his head where he lays the most and the hair has gotten quite dry but THIS STUFF had my pumpkins curls poppin!! lol So every other day I'll be adding a little bit of this to his hair while we give him a bath.

Score: A+

Description
Smooth as Silk Conditioner is formulated with a variety of botanical oils, botanical extracts, soybean protein and vitamins which combine to shine and smooth hair while sealing split ends. Hair is left renewed, moisturized and ready for styling. Enriched with Certified Organic Botanicals. No animal by
products. Cruelty free. (8.5 fl. oz./250 ml.)

Directions

Apply daily after shampoo. Massage through to ends before rinsing thoroughly.

Ingredients

Aqua (Purified Water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil*, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil*, Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil*, Birch Leaf (Butel Alba) Oil*, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis Flower) Oil*, Clary (Salvia Sclarea)*, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia)*, Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara)*, Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil*, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris)*, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Oil*, Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja)*, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Stearalkonium Chloride,Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydromethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived). *Certified Organic

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 30th December 2009, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th December 2009, 3:39 pm

Well.....I see what has been added to my Rite Aid list. I am going to give it a try
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 3:44 pm

Definitely let us know what you think if you do. I figure $9 is a good deal for 2 conditioners especially if they are this fabulous.

I think I'm going to give the Tea Tree Triple Treat a try next. I really don't need to cowash my hair again but I just might do it for the heck of it. I planned to do some two strand twists today (Thanks Lynnie) so maybe a good cowash will make them look that much better.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th December 2009, 4:05 pm

Thank you Tia for helping the financial standing of the US by buying giovanni at rite aid this week.

ALatina I know you wanna give me a cyber hug for encouraging you to make that purchase.

My PJism is a monster because I am shopaholic. Sane people will go and buy One and get one free. I will probably buy 4 and get 4. I do need help. Maybe I will get on the couch...next year.

Sshhhh don'tt tell Sweetdrk.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 5:24 pm

{{cyber hugs Sheetacular}} I'm going to do a product review after I give them a try. Buy 4, Get 4?!? You do have a problem but at least you acknowledge it. How'd the henna gloss go?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th December 2009, 5:34 pm

It went well the gray in the front is coloring nicely. I cowashed and DC'ed moisturized and pulled back into a puff and went to bed. I'm not sure why I wait so late to start these projects. Anyway's I'm in the process of twisting for my protective style challenge.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th December 2009, 6:16 pm

I'm glad I inspired you to do twist. I cant wait to see them!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 8:07 pm

So I had planned to do Courties amla conditioning treatment BUT realized that instead of amla I had gotten brahmi. So I'm doing a brahmi treatment instead. I'll go back to get some amla later. Here's what I mixed together:

-too much Coconut oil (lol) It was melted and I didn't pay attention
-too much Vatika oil (lol the top came off when I was squeezing it into the bowl)
-1 tsp. Castor oil
-1 tsp. Olive oil
-about 2 tbs. of brahmi powder

So we'll see how this turns out later!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 12:03 am

Brahmi is THE BUSINESS!! I'll be back with a review but I just had to put that out there. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 31st December 2009, 2:02 am

Ooooh! Can't wait for that review! And I'm glad I purchased the Giovanni Smooth As Silk yesterday! (Travel size though, makes me wish I purchased the full size based on your review!)

---Reese AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 31st December 2009, 12:44 pm

Oooh girl I can't wait to see what happened with the Brahmi!

I want some for my and my boyfriend's hair, but the Indian grocery by me doesn't carry it and they are being shady about ordering it for me. I think I make them nervous because when I go in there I sing the Bollywood songs that are playing.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 1:36 pm

Brahmi Review

So Brahmi is absolutely wonderful ladies. Why didn't I know about this stuff prior to my postpartum shedding?? I ended up making my mix too thin rather than pastey so I had to put it in an old Creme of Nature leave in conditioner bottle that I had previously emptied and cleaned out. I parted my hair into 2 sections and saturated each section from root to ends. I made sure to apply some to my temple area where the shedding was the worst. I put on my shower cap, covered that with a scarf and chilled for an hour.

After the hour was up I rinsed my hair under the bathtub faucet. Rinsing was very easy. I used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship to rinse it out and I swear this isn't the same stuff that was in the bottle when I reviewed it before. It felt like it had more slip than it had before so since I knew it wasn't the conditioner making my hair feel this way I knew it had to be the brahmi. When I first began to rinse without the conditioner I was thinking, "okay??? is this is?" I was still feeling the grit in my hair but as I rinsed some more I began to feel my hairs softness creeping through. After adding the conditioner I was in awe of my hair. It was like soft cotton ladies.

I've come to realize that I have no particular curl pattern so I usually have to go by the "feel" of my hair. It FELT GREAT...seriously. I really liked it. Next time I will just make the paste thicker but having it be liquidy wasn't bad.

I didn't take before and after pictures like I should have but I was just trying to get this all done before my son woke up. Smile

Here's a couple of pictures after washing the brahmi out with no product on my hair. Its soooooooo soft ya'll!

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Hair412
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Hair409

And here's the mix before I mushed up the clumps of shea butter. I just sat the plastic bowl in another bowl that had hot water in it but of course not hot enough to melt the bowl.
AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Hair408

I have yet to rinse my deep conditioner out but I'll be doing that at some point today, I'm in no rush. I'll then be two strand twisting my hair. Smile

Verdict: Love it and I'll do it again, maybe bi-weekly.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 1:41 pm

HEY ALATINA, I saw you asking Dajewel about food extracts as fragrance. I was at a comdic show and there were vendors selling shea butter. And the fragrance was so strong. They used the muslim oils. So maybe if you want a stronger, more lasting smell you can use that. I dont know what they put in those oils. But some of them smells really good and last long. Just a thought AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 1:45 pm

Where would I get those oils from Intelligent? Do you know if they are all natural? Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 1:52 pm

I really don't know if they are all natural. I would think they are because muslims are all into natural. Try to google it. I am sure they sell them online. I can go to NYC and get them, but I am going to try to use 2 diff EOs and see how that works before I go that route.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 1:59 pm

lol I doubt they're called muslim oils so I don't know what to search for but if they are what I think they are then they probably aren't all natural. Thanks though luv.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 2:18 pm

Ok ALATINA, but I just googled MUSLIM OILS and many wholesale places came up. That name "muslim oils" is not derogatory name. That is what they are actually called. They are sold by muslims. I just do not like that fact of buying from them because what they do with their profits are questionable.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 2:26 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Ok ALATINA, but I just googled MUSLIM OILS and many wholesale places came up. That name "muslim oils" is not derogatory name. That is what they are actually called. They are sold by muslims. I just do not like that fact of buying from them because what they do with their profits are questionable.

lol I didn't think it was derogatory hun. I just didn't think Muslim oils would be what they were called simply because muslims sell them but I stand corrected. I'll check it out. What do you think they do with their profits? I'm looking at some oils on wholesalesuppliesplus.com and they have some scents that I'd love to try. Getting excited now and it says that some of them ship free so thats a plus.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st December 2009, 5:16 pm

Hey sorry for taking so long to answer, my youngest went to sleep so I wanted to take advantage of that and do my hair....lol. He is up now though...lol.

I am glad you found some place to order. Remember to post everything so we can try it out. AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 5:51 pm

AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Icon_cheers for brahmi. I agree, I do not always see a difference when I use the ayurvedic powders/herbs. I definitely feel the difference in my hair. I am glad you like it AfrikanLatina ☥ It's A... - Page 11 Icon_surprised .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st December 2009, 5:57 pm

LOL @ Shee...I went ok..so hush it!!

ALatina, you hair does look like a big cotton ball!! good stuff. I am intimidated by all that stuff...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 6:11 pm

@Intelligent...I'll let ya'll know if I get the fragrance oil from that site. I also went and did my hair while my little one was sleep. Smile

@Chrs...The Brahmi will definitely be in rotation now. My hair feels amazing Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 7:02 pm

Sweet. I used to be intimidated by it too but now I LOVE IT! I did my research before trying it. Start slow and work your way up to trying something new Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next