CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

+26
poeticlyspkng
ktoliver5303
PaganWifey
Keisha
KeishaMac
HennaRo
My fro loves me
MsJay1121
numbah5
kbelle
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
brownsugar09
naijachick
Happy2B
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
coily-muchacha
splitsun
tiashaunteƩ
ChrsLvsBks
CurliGoddess
Curly Film Chick
CocaColaCutie
StephanieB
lena73
MahoganyCurls
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products? Empty Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:10 am

Okay, I think this is kinda funny...

Before I begin-

When I bc'd back in February of '09, I started cowashing due to my extremely dry hair. My husband had always had a problem with dry scalp (dandruff)...It would really show whenever he went to the barber. Anyway, he would try to use every shampoo under the sun to control it....Head and Shoulders, Neutrogena T Gel..etc...

Well one day, I told him about cowashing and he decided he would try that...about a month later the dandruff was gone! Fast forward >>>>> 11 months later, the dandruff is a no show. So, with that said my husband havent used shampoo in almost a year. He exclusively cowash.

NOW-

We werent using the same conditioner. He was using Mizani Scalp Care..or something like that...pretty good conditioner...(it only has amodimethicone in it)...

Well-
A few weeks ago he came home and took a shower. No big deal...After he cleaned himself up he said something crazy to me, and I replied to whatever he said (can't remember) with sarcasm...

Here it is-

...He "brick wall(ed)" me and as soon as he put his hand up, I grabbed it and sniffed it...His hand smelled like my Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner! (And I knew this, bc HH has a pretty strong scent!) I was like OMG! No you didnt! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(the previous day I took a shower and notice my conditioner felt like it has been used a little more than usual, bc I just bought a new bottle. I though maybe I was a little heavy handed with it, but he was using it all along!)

I asked him if he used my conditioner and he blushed..it was so cute, He said "Jess, I like the Hello Kitty." (That is what he calls it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ).

I was like okay...So I bought him a bottle the next day...

Then he started to use my hair gel too, (for laying his waves)...so I let him have it...

I think he watches me too much, bc he is into his hair just as much as I am into mine.

This is what he told me:

"Jess, now I have my hair products too...I can cowash with V05, and use the Herbal Essence as my leave in and set with a little gel."

I couldnt belive my ears!

Now, If he put his hands on my Bed Head...we are gonna have problems! Lol!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 27th January 2010, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products? Empty Re: Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

Post by lena73 27th January 2010, 7:46 am

now that is too funny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i dont have a SO, but I cowash my son's hair with my stuff.
he even wanted his hair to grow out to an afro - LOL
i like his hair cut short, but bc i use my products on him, i notice he doesnt have to go to barber as often bc its not dry
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products? Empty Re: Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

Post by StephanieB 27th January 2010, 8:57 am

That is hilarious! lol

I'm pretty sure that I won't have that problem with my husband b/c he has a shaved bald head.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 11:25 am

that is hilarious and so sweet! my bf doesn't use my hair products, but when we first started dating i was surprised to see that he had stuff that I used to use as a permie, namely ORS olive oil sheen spray.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 27th January 2010, 1:09 pm

lol aw thats funny. Same story over here. My guy sees how I care for my hair and he actually expects me to pick up products for him! He uses my conditioners all the time.And he got a little jealous because I was giving my younger sister an ACV rinse and he said hey! I been asking you to do that to my hair all week! So yes, I had to give him one lol.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 1:36 pm

@lena73- too cute! my little one does the same thing, but we keep his hair cut as well. He is three. I cowash etc..no shampoo for him, even the baby stuff has sulfates...uggh!

@stephanieB- Lol! Hilarious!

@ cocacolacutie- I know right! When we were in college my SO had the same hair gel that I used at that time!

@Curly Film Chick! LMAO!!! That is so cute and sweet! See ladies, our hair care routines are rubbing off on our men!

Today, when he was home for lunch he told me he is gonna get a temp fade, and grow the top out a little so he could wear it curly. He said he is gonna use the HH and hold his curls with clear gel! LOL!!!!

This is my husband:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 3:19 pm

awww..you guys make such a cute couple. well at least he has a good example in you of how to take care of his curls. you should make him do youtube vids with you. LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 4:01 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:awww..you guys make such a cute couple. well at least he has a good example in you of how to take care of his curls. you should make him do youtube vids with you. LOL.

aww, thanks! Ha! I dont think he is ready for that one yet! The youtube videos! Lol!! Thank you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliGoddess 27th January 2010, 5:19 pm

That's funny! My SO is totally into this hair thing with me too! I can't find my brushes, gels, oils or conditioners becuase he uses them.

I don't know who is worse, we are both always in the mirror looking at our hair.

He was a barber in his previous career and I've noticed that all of his hair staples (Sport N Wave, Pomade and Oil sheen, etc...) have been replaced wth my natural products.

I think it's cute! I have him and our 3yr old son on a Co-washing regimine.

He even said, "I bet my hair would ridiculously gorgeous if I grew it out." Lol
CurliGoddess
CurliGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th January 2010, 5:20 pm

StephanieB wrote:That is hilarious! lol

I'm pretty sure that I won't have that problem with my husband b/c he has a shaved bald head.
My hubby does too. He uses my KBB unscented hair cream on his head. After he shaves, it can be a little dry.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 27th January 2010, 5:44 pm

YES!! and my Hubby has locs so when he uses my products he REALLY uses my products. I just shop for the both of us now. It just so happens that our textures are almost identical so if it works for me, it works for him.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:49 pm

CurliGoddess wrote:That's funny! My SO is totally into this hair thing with me too! I can't find my brushes, gels, oils or conditioners becuase he uses them.

I don't know who is worse, we are both always in the mirror looking at our hair.

He was a barber in his previous career and I've noticed that all of his hair staples (Sport N Wave, Pomade and Oil sheen, etc...) have been replaced wth my natural products.

I think it's cute! I have him and our 3yr old son on a Co-washing regimine.

He even said, "I bet my hair would ridiculously gorgeous if I grew it out." Lol

He! he!!!!

I know right! It is like that with us and my 3 yr old son is on a cowashing regimen too, no baby poo for him...just as drying...it is very cute~

I cannot believe he said he bet his hair would be ridiculously gorgegous if he grew it out~ LOL!!!! That is so funny~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:52 pm

tiashauntee wrote:YES!! and my Hubby has locs so when he uses my products he REALLY uses my products. I just shop for the both of us now. It just so happens that our textures are almost identical so if it works for me, it works for him.

Oh my goodness...does he run through the products faster than you~ Men are always talking junk about how we are always in our hair and in the mirror..yada, yada, yada..but the truth is, they secretly do it too~ Lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My husband and I have pretty much the same texture as well...you guys are too funny!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:53 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
StephanieB wrote:That is hilarious! lol

My hubby does too. He uses my KBB unscented hair cream on his head. After he shaves, it can be a little dry.

Lol! I know how the dry bald head can be. How does it work on his head? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 27th January 2010, 6:17 pm

lol i love this. My gf has locs so we use each others products and help with each others hair. It's fun and i don't mind.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:38 pm

splitsun wrote:lol i love this. My gf has locs so we use each others products and help with each others hair. It's fun and i don't mind.

yes, it is very fun! I get so happy whenever other ppl want to take care of their hair as well!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by coily-muchacha 27th January 2010, 6:55 pm

My brother isn't my significant other, lol, but he had been using my Khoret Amen Leave-In up until I left for school this semester. He didn't at first, but after he saw how soft it made my hair, he decided to start using it on his TWA.

He's even been using some of my general tips (like co-washing, wet combing etc). It's so cool!
coily-muchacha
coily-muchacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 6:56 pm

Yes my husband has been caught using my products! I have to find out on FB though...LOL!! He posted that he had been in my products and was smelling like a macaroon...LOL!!! He used my Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo!!! I thought he didnt like it because of the smell but when I removed it from the shower because I dont use it anymore, he was like, "Hey, what happened to the macaroon shampoo?" LOL!!! He had been using it all along. I hadnt paid any attention to the fact the bottle was starting to get low.

He was trying to make excuses saying, "All these bottles in the shower all the time, I decided to use them." LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 6:59 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Yes my husband has been caught using my products! I have to find out on FB though...LOL!! He posted that he had been in my products and was smelling like a macaroon...LOL!!! He used my Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo!!! I thought he didnt like it because of the smell but when I removed it from the shower because I dont use it anymore, he was like, "Hey, what happened to the macaroon shampoo?" LOL!!! He had been using it all along. I hadnt paid any attention to the fact the bottle was starting to get low.

He was trying to make excuses saying, "All these bottles in the shower all the time, I decided to use them." LOL!!!

LMAO!! The internet will get you every time. hilarious story. thanks for sharing.

all these stories are brightening my day!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 7:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Yes my husband has been caught using my products! I have to find out on FB though...LOL!! He posted that he had been in my products and was smelling like a macaroon...LOL!!! He used my Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo!!! I thought he didnt like it because of the smell but when I removed it from the shower because I dont use it anymore, he was like, "Hey, what happened to the macaroon shampoo?" LOL!!! He had been using it all along. I hadnt paid any attention to the fact the bottle was starting to get low.

Lol!!!! lol! Lol! Toooooooooooooo funny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 7:08 pm

coily-muchacha wrote:My brother isn't my significant other, lol, but he had been using my Khoret Amen Leave-In up until I left for school this semester. He didn't at first, but after he saw how soft it made my hair, he decided to start using it on his TWA.

He's even been using some of my general tips (like co-washing, wet combing etc). It's so cool!

I love your avatar! Okay, that is so funny and it is very very very cool! I am happy to see our black men educating themselves about our hair through us! But it is so funny and sooooo sweet! And cute! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 27th January 2010, 7:43 pm

lol! how funny Smile
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 27th January 2010, 8:38 pm

My hunny is the worst. He talks all this junk about my stuff taking up all the room under the sink BUT is so quick to use my stuff. Aside from my henna and ayurvedic powders and a few other things I think I he uses nearly everything I use. Just last week he mixed my coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, flaxseed oil mix, and tea tree oil together and asked me to go warm it up so I could give him a hot oil treatment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SMH, gotta love him though.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 27th January 2010, 9:44 pm

I have the same issue with my SO. I had to go out and buy him just about every conditioner that I have b/c it wants to use mine all up. The funny thing is that he loves to use my products but refuses to purchase them on his own, he's too embarrassed (lol!) He was so excited when he tried my Herbal Essence Totally Twisted b/c he notice some waves in his hair, he even told his friend about it since they are both trying to wave their hair. Now every Sunday when I do my hair, I have to do his too and we are both sitting around the house with a shower cap on our head, lol!
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 27th January 2010, 9:45 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:My hunny is the worst. He talks all this junk about my stuff taking up all the room under the sink BUT is so quick to use my stuff. Aside from my henna and ayurvedic powders and a few other things I think I he uses nearly everything I use. Just last week he mixed my coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, flaxseed oil mix, and tea tree oil together and asked me to go warm it up so I could give him a hot oil treatment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SMH, gotta love him though.

Lol, this is funny!
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next