CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Keratin Treatment

4 posters

Go down

Brazilian Keratin Treatment Empty Brazilian Keratin Treatment

Post by NaturallyCLD 5th June 2010, 8:19 pm

So I was speaking with a stylist today and she was telling me about this stuff but I never heard if it before today. Supposedly it makes the hair soft and managable and is an alternative to a relaxer. This is the website if you are interested http://braziliankeratin.com/new/en/ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Keratin Treatment Empty Re: Brazilian Keratin Treatment

Post by Thinice 5th June 2010, 9:49 pm

the web page would not load for me. I read on another blog about keratin complex smoothing therapy by coppola. I do not know if that is the same thing.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 5th June 2010, 11:22 pm

i have heard mixed reviews about the treatment. i know a girl who gets them and her hair looks faboosh, but this link has alot of bad reviews. so be careful, and good luck!
http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/113583
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyCLD 5th June 2010, 11:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. . .I'm not to sure about this stuff either. . .I probably wont even try it lol. . .thanks again
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Keratin Treatment Empty A deepter look

Post by NaturallyCLD 5th June 2010, 11:48 pm

jaylin20032003 wrote:i have heard mixed reviews about the treatment. i know a girl who gets them and her hair looks faboosh, but this link has alot of bad reviews. so be careful, and good luck!
[url=http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/113583
http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/113583[/quote[/url]]

I looked into this and it appears to be a different company, but I'm still not going to try the stuff!
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 7th June 2010, 11:28 am

I did a keratin treatment when I first took my interlock down and I had no idea how to manage my hair (I'd transitioned for almost 2 years all braided up). It added much needed protein and softened by 4b hair enough so that I could get a comb throught it (wet, of course). My tight curls loosened, but are still coils, so I have texture. Now that I know what I'm doing (somewhat), I don't know that I'd do it again when it grows out (3-6 months), but it was good for me at first.

That said, you have to go to a reputable salon and you have to have them wash it out in 2-3 days with the right shampoos. I read that oprah thread after I did it and panicked, but you'll see that most of those women had the salon put it in and then washed their own hair with any kind of shampoo.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Keratin Treatment Empty Many thanks

Post by NaturallyCLD 9th June 2010, 11:13 pm

moonchild wrote:I did a keratin treatment when I first took my interlock down and I had no idea how to manage my hair (I'd transitioned for almost 2 years all braided up). It added much needed protein and softened by 4b hair enough so that I could get a comb throught it (wet, of course). My tight curls loosened, but are still coils, so I have texture. Now that I know what I'm doing (somewhat), I don't know that I'd do it again when it grows out (3-6 months), but it was good for me at first.

That said, you have to go to a reputable salon and you have to have them wash it out in 2-3 days with the right shampoos. I read that oprah thread after I did it and panicked, but you'll see that most of those women had the salon put it in and then washed their own hair with any kind of shampoo.

Thank you so much!!! But I'm still not gonna try it lol
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down