CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter??

+4
cutie_curli
LaToya28
justicenga
aprilj90
8 posters

Go down

Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter?? Empty Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter??

Post by aprilj90 5th June 2010, 3:48 pm

So I'm almost out of my Cantu Shea Butter but I kinda want to try something new. I'd like to try something that works better.
So here are my stats lol :
- 4a very porous (I think)
- still transitioning (90% of my hair is still relaxed but I still have substantial new growth)
- not looking for something very expensive (think college student budget lol)
- maybe something organic? I kinda like the idea of that Smile
-something very moisturizing (a detangler doesn't hurt either Wink

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks ladies!
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter?? Empty Re: Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter??

Post by justicenga 5th June 2010, 10:03 pm

try sheamoisture...the masque is great. It can be used as a deep conditioner or as a leave in. I typically leave it in. It leaves my hair super soft. You can get it from Target for $9.99
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter?? Empty Re: Anthing better than Cantu Shea Butter??

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 12:10 pm

Giovanni Direct Leave-in may work for you. I used it when I was stretching my relaxers and it worked very well. It's only about $7 at Target and some WalMarts.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 6th June 2010, 12:54 pm

I'll definitely look into those, thanks. Did they work as a good detangler also?
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 6th June 2010, 8:38 pm

Try Kinky Curly Knot Today. It makes your hair so soft and its organic. You can buy it at Whole foods.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 6th June 2010, 8:47 pm

I have the KCKT, but I normally use it in the shower. I really wanted like a daily leave in that maybe I wouldn't have to wet my hair to use?
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 6th June 2010, 10:30 pm

Try Darcy's Botanicals she has quite a few Daily Leave Ins.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by alainabee 6th June 2010, 10:39 pm

Carol's Daughter hair milk! I love it. I'm 3c/4a and I can use hair milk on wet or dry hair. I like it better on dry hair though. Plus she has new packaging that's super cute haha
alainabee
alainabee

http://sheslikeadream.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th June 2010, 1:30 pm

I'm new and tranistioning just like you. I've become an instant product junkie. I've spent over a $100 this week on products alone. Not to mention head bands and clips and combs. EGADS!

I absolutely love Taliah Waajad Protective Mist Bodifier. Wonderful detangler. I think I paid $6.99 for it at BSS.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 11th June 2010, 10:12 pm

Thanks guys Smile
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 12th June 2010, 6:47 pm

You could try the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in or the Garnier Color Shield Leave-in (but this one's a little harder to find). I just got the Sleek & Shine, and so far it's left my hair really soft. If you're trying to avoid 'cones, it does have amodimethicone in it, but it's a pretty light 'cone and it's the only one in it; the rest of the ingredients are pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down