CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week*

+9
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
priceless
BlondeByDesire
iculukin
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Ms.Mai
13 posters

Go down

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Empty Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!

Post by Ms.Mai 9th September 2010, 2:20 am

Today: 9/9/10
Feeling: Tired (its 12:55am) Sleep

I just couldn't wait! I told myself, Darcie(real name), just wait until tomorrow. Curryl Nikki isn't going anywhere(sure maybe to go feed her baby) BUT the website will still be here, you can start writing this tomorrow. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep, I would probably dream about it. So hence here I am writing at now 1:00am. Im not so good at making websites and so forth, so a blog was a scary thing for me. Therefore Im excited about The Curl Street Journal, its essentially,

MY FIRST BLOG!!! dance

I'm excited, can yall tell...or maybe I am sleep deprived. drunken hmmmm

Anyway, lets tell you a little bit about me. My life story and then later in life I will write about my hair journey.

I was born October 10, I can't wait for my bday this year because it will be 10/10/10. I just wish I was turning either 16, 18, or 21, you know the 'special' events. Not 23...that sounds boring...and a tad bit old. Suspect Anywho born and raised in ATL and went to college in SC, majored in Criminal Justice, graduated magna cum-laude and now back in my hometown. Which I L.O.V.E Never want to leave. I I love you to bowl Shocked yep thats right I said BOWL! Been doing it since I was little kid, in fact it got me a full scholarship to college. Yep thats right FULL! If you have children, start them in bowling. I am also a sports fan. Love football, I have multiply husbands that play the game.

Thats it about me for now, more will come in later post.

Before I forget, I HAD to say this on my first blog. I L.O.V.E this site, and the ppl in it. I am quite, silent, swift lurker. From what I have seen and read, the ladies on this site are knowledgeable, kind, generous, friendly, and so much more. Even though I am new and I don't post a lot I feel at home here.

THANKS

Peace out, and thanks for Coming to Say Hey to Ms.Mai afro
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Empty Re: Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week*

Post by bholmes87 9th September 2010, 4:10 am

Soo glad you're here Ms. Mai!!!! I like you already Wink LOL

Can't wait to follow your blog cheers

Ummm full ride scholarship for bowling?? Poppin!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Empty Re: Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week*

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th September 2010, 7:59 am

Hi Ms. Mia...

Welcome to CS!! A full scholarship for bowling....that is awesome. I pushed music and it paid off a bit. My oldest who is in his second year didn't get a band scholarship, but he does get a pretty nice stipend for participating.. and that is kind of nice.

I look forward to following your journey!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th September 2010, 8:49 am

Welcome to Curl Street! I look forward to following your hair journey. I am another football fanatic and this is my favorite time of the year. TTYL
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 9th September 2010, 9:36 am

Hello Mia... magnum cum laude that's awesome! Can't wait to hear more.
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th September 2010, 10:12 am

Welcome Ms. Mai ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th September 2010, 5:49 pm

hello ms. mai
welcome to the block
hope that you become inspired encouraged and ready to learn by joining this block
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th September 2010, 6:18 pm

Welcome to Curl Street Ms. Mai!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th September 2010, 8:47 pm

Are you ready for some football! Lol welcome to curl street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 10th September 2010, 1:02 am

Embarassed Thanks ladies for viewing and writing on my blog, I feel really honored. I really love this site.

I also really love this time of the year, football is the best. The men, the passing, the men, the running, the men, the tackling, did I mention the men. lol and best of all, they are in tights. *sigh* lol But tonights game was awesome, I love Brett, we have the same bday(he needed to retire though) but I am glad the Saints won. My fave teams are Tampa Bay and Green Bay. Surprise not the Falcons. Do any of you have a favorite team?
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th September 2010, 8:34 am

Hey Ms. Mai,

I don't have a favorite pro team ( I watch them all) but I love college football and my favorite team is University of Alabama (roll tide!)
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 10th September 2010, 9:42 am

Welcome! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th September 2010, 10:30 am

Welcome to Curl Street!!!

I noticed your weightloss ticker. How often do you work out?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 10th September 2010, 11:31 am

Hey Ms Mai!!! just wanted to show some curl street love!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 10th September 2010, 8:53 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Ms. Mai,

I don't have a favorite pro team ( I watch them all) but I love college football and my favorite team is University of Alabama (roll tide!)
Why are they your fave team? I just recently started getting into college football. I need to find a fave team. So far I might say Ohio State, only because that is my dad fave team. hmmm I might need to look into University of Alabama...

cyclingchick wrote:Welcome! Smile
Thank you so much!

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome to Curl Street!!!

I just started working out. And I started off my first 2 weeks working out 3 times a week. Then my next two weeks(3rd and forth week)4 times a week. Come this Sat will be the end of my forth week, so my next two weeks I will start working out 5 times a week. And I wont go no higher than 5 times a week. I'm trying to start small then gradually get better. Do you think its too much or too little?

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Hey Ms Mai!!! just wanted to show some curl street love!!
Thanks a bunch, Im really feeling the love! I love you
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th September 2010, 9:24 pm

Ms.Mai wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome to Curl Street!!!

I just started working out. And I started off my first 2 weeks working out 3 times a week. Then my next two weeks(3rd and forth week)4 times a week. Come this Sat will be the end of my forth week, so my next two weeks I will start working out 5 times a week. And I wont go no higher than 5 times a week. I'm trying to start small then gradually get better. Do you think its too much or too little?

When I first started working out, I went 3 days a week. I moved up to 4 times a week. Almost a year and a half later, I am still going 4 times a week Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Lol I say try not to do too much a one time (you dont want to feel overwhelmed) because you want it to be something you will continue doing. It took me a long time to realize the only way to keep weight off is to continue to workout. It has to be a lifestyle change. So I guess my question to you is, can you see yourself working out 5 times a week, a year from now?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 10th September 2010, 10:37 pm

Hi Ms. Mai

Jsut stopping by to say hi. I love the name. Your TWA is really cute on you. Hope you enjoy being here I know I have and I've also learned alot. Take time to go through it all and embrace the wealth of information.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 13th September 2010, 2:17 pm

@Lynnieluve really wow a year? Thats making me feel like Im moving too fast. To answer your question truthfully. Not really, no. I can see myself working out 4 times a week better than 5 because of time not because of exercise. Sometimes I get really busy and I know I don't have enough time in the day to exercise and wont be able to make it up during that week. I'v learned that I like to work out, but only certain things. For example, I am not a treadmill fan or a walking/running in general fan. So I try to do other things for cardio instead, such as aerobics. It works for me.

@KeAnia thanks! I was really trying to think of a nice catchy name. And certain friends and family call me msmai. And at the time I was writing the blog my best friend called and her greeting was Hey Ms.Mai. I was like, "Hey that rhymes...duh! Rolling Eyes " lol So there ya have it. And thanks about the hair. After I post this I am going to start writing about my hair journey. I agree this site is great, you learn alot!
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Empty Hair Journey

Post by Ms.Mai 15th September 2010, 2:45 pm

Today: 9/15/10
Feeling:Cool Cool

Alrighty I think its about that time to tell a wonderful story. A story about hair, my hair, and its ups and downs. Hop on the Ms.Mai Coaster, its sure to be a bumpy ride.
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Babypi10
Lets start at the beginning. In this picture is my brother and I. Sorry this is a bad pic and you can't really see my hair. But during this time, I had natural hair. I can't remember exactly how old I was, but I think I got my first relaxer at 12. I had mixed emotions about it. I was so excited to get it, it made me feel like an adult. All my other friends had already got a relaxer, I felt so behind. But I was also nervous and scared because of the burn. During it, yes it did burn, and after it my scalp was burnt. I had scars on various parts of my head. But that didn't matter to me because I had a relaxer! Once I got the relaxer my hair was thin and didn't grow past my neck. And to be honest I was just fine with that. I don't like having long hair, I will CUT it! I had this style of hair from 12 until probably 18.

My staple hairstyle between the ages of 12 thru 18.
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Bowlin11

Me, I love change. My hair went through so many different stages between the 18 to now.

Weave:
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Weave_10

Senegalese Twist:
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Braids10

Kinky Twist:
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Braids11

Bob Hair Cut:
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* 02210

Colored Hair(L.O.V.E. Red):
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Sdc10810

And many more!

I transitioned from January until August. I would liked to have went for a year, but that transitional hair was NO JOKE! I am surprised I made it that long. In the picture above I am actually in transition. Can yall tell how thick my hair got? I was not used to that, I was use to thin hair. Also trying to care for two different types of hair was hard. I would flat iron it (which now I know was not a good idea) and within a day it was puffy! It refused to do anything I wanted it to do. It rebelled on me. On August 8 I couldn't take it any longer. I was in the bathroom with scissors in my hand. I tilted my head left then right...and snip. affraid After that screamed and called for my mom. In about an hour it was all gone.

BC:
Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Sdc11017

I love my natural hair. I had to get use to it being so short, but after about a day or two, I really liked it. It didn't take long for my family and friends to follow suit. I consider myself lucky to not have experience the negative comments on my natural hair. My mom and aunt are both natural. My cousin is transitioning. My brother and dad loves natural women. It was like nothing changed in my family, they treated it just like all my other previous hairstyles.

I wanted to save this for last. The reason why I went natural. There is no BIG special reason. No looking deep down into myself. My hair does not make the person that I am, and that includes whether it is natural or relaxed. Just like every other time I did something different to my hair, I woke up one morning and decided I didn't want to put another relaxer in my head. I figured, let me just try it out, see how it goes. I L.O.V.E. change. And after doing so much research I love that natural hair is so versatile so that I can change my hairstyle. Trust me, if it was not versatile I would not have gone natural. Thats just me. Will I ever go back to crack...hmm never say never...but more than likely no. I am lovin this too much. My hair is healthy, I am learning to take care of it, its like a new me. Along with trying to take care of my hair, I am trying to take care of my body(that will be in another blog)

Well thats my hair journey. Thanks for riding the Ms.Mai Coaster, please exit to the left. Thanks and have a nice day.

Peace Out, and thanks for Coming to Say Hey to Ms.Mai afro
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Come Say Hey to Ms.Mai!*NFL 2nd Week* Empty 2nd Week NFL Football

Post by Ms.Mai 21st September 2010, 9:04 pm

Today: 9/21/10
Feeling: Excited woot!

Really? Like...really! What a week, what a week. I thought the 1st week was crazy. I don't know where to start. scratch

Who would have ever thought that the VIKINGS and DALLAS would start off 0-2. The VIKINGS and DALLAS?! I guess Brett Favre is wishing that he retired now. Or at least....idk...wishing he had practiced with his team during the off season and maybe just maybe played a whole quarter during the preseason. I love the man, he used to be the quarterback of my fave team and we share the same B-day, its a match made in heaven. But the man should have retired! And I wonder who is going to get fired in Dallas. Oh don't be surprised, somebody always does if they do bad. The whole organization points fingers at one another and nobody takes the blame. Can yall tell I don't like Dallas. I hate them so much I wont even waste another sentence on them.

Look at what Mike Vick is doing for the Eagles. WOW. Some people have actually forgot that the man went to jail. My opinion. He did the crime and did his time. I am a criminal justice graduate I am all for people coming out of jail, learning their lessons, and becoming successful in life. It doesn't happen too often. The learning the lessons or the successful life. But WAIT, he is not going to be the starting quarterback? WHAT! Then who? Kolb? Kolb Who? Exactly.

The Manning Bowl. Not much of a Bowl. Not much of a game. It was over before it even began. Older siblings will always be the best. ALWAYS! Did yall figure out that I am an older sibling? My only thing was, "Dang Payton did ya have to beat down ya bro so bad? He didn't need to be embarassed in front of the parents."

Saints barely won. I mean barely. I thought it was going to be a blow out. What happend? Maybe Bush is what happened. He did get hurt and had to leave the game. But he got hurt late in the game, so what happened? Are they as good as they were last season? Only time will tell.

Revis from the Jets called Moss from the Patriots and Slob(Or something neg, I can't remember the name) did he stop Moss. Oh...NO! Did anybody see that one handed catch from Moss, he left Revis in the dirt. It was so Preeeeeeeeeeety! And then Revis acted hurt. Was he faking? Maybe, I mean Moss just embarassed him. Was the man really hurt? Maybe, thats what happens to a person who holds out for more money and misses some of practice from the off season.

Redskins, I shake my head at you! No How do you NOT hold on to a 17 points lead?! I can't say no more.

Who would have thought that TAMPA BAY would be 2-0. I WOULD! I WOULD! Thats my team, those are my babies, and mommy knows best! They go up against a 2-0 Steelers next week. I am thinking 3-0! I also want to give shout outs to my other team GREEN BAY! They are also 2-0 and will be going up against a 2-0 Bears. I predict 3-0!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Peace out, and thanks for Coming to Say Hey to Ms.Mai afro
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 21st September 2010, 9:06 pm

Oh yea gotta love Glee! Its starts tonight! woot!
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st September 2010, 10:28 pm

So glad that Glee is back! cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st September 2010, 11:49 pm

Ok I thought I loved football but I think you have me beat (lol)! Brett is showing his age and Tampa Bay has surprised me because I completely forgot about them after these past two seasons.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down