CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by sweetdrk1 1st May 2010, 11:22 pm

Checking for pics???
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st May 2010, 11:57 pm

OO PICS bounce OO PICS bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 12:31 pm

Hey my curlies! I'm so happy to be writing here in the Curl Street Journal! I had a lovely weekend. So let's recap.

Friday night I took out my micro twists. Saturday morning I mixed up a batch of the caramel treatment and got to work!

Here are the pics of it in my hair.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301819

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301820

That stuff is AMAZING!!! A. It smells really good...I mean how could it not, honey, bananas, and molasses. YUM. I wanted to eat my hair. LOL. Aside from that the moisture is out of this world! Oh and it gives curl definition. I'm convinced that curl definition is a byproduct of uber moisturization.

After I rinsed the caramel treatment. I shampooed and conditioned like usual using my watered down Dr. Bronners and Moisture Maniac as a buffer. DC'd for like 20 mins with Curl Junkie. Plopped for like 5 mins with a microfiber towel, scrunched in some Curl Junkie Leave in and started blowdrying.

Now I tried like 3 different tools. First I started with a paddle brush. Worked great on the left side couldn't get my uncoordinated hands to maneuver it on the right. Then I tried a round brush...umm...that was a worse idea. So I finally just used the comb attachment that came with the blow dryer. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the blowdrying did NOT suck all the moisture out of my hair.

Here I am blow dried and twisted up.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301821

I used turn up the heat flat iron spray and my new GVP flat iron from Sally's. It's the generic CHI. I liked it! Here I am with big flowy hair!!!

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301822

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301823

I measured my hair and its 7 inches, save the nape which is 6 inches.

It was fun while it lasted, but now I'm flat twisted up. Never thought I'd say this, but straight hair is too much work.

Here are my flat twists.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301824

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 S7301825

I had to do them hurriedly. I was like sweet twisting at 12:30 a.m. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 Icon_mad and was ready to just go to bed! I'm not sure I like them, but they'll do for today. I may change my style tonight.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd May 2010, 12:35 pm

Look at all of that hair!!!! Looking good my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd May 2010, 12:38 pm

Yay yay yay! cheers Your hair flat ironed was so pretty!!! I love how fluffy it looked Smile And the flat twists are gorgeous! I am continuing to practice flat twisting because I tried on my friend yesterday and let me tell you I'm terrible!!! LOL but yeah that's funny that you say straight hair is too much work. I think I would have to agree with you, which is why I have had no desire to wear my hair straight since my transition.
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd May 2010, 1:02 pm

Your flat twists look really good ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 1:08 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Look at all of that hair!!!! Looking good my friend!

thanks sweet!

bholmes87 wrote:Yay yay yay! cheers Your hair flat ironed was so pretty!!! I love how fluffy it looked Smile And the flat twists are gorgeous! I am continuing to practice flat twisting because I tried on my friend yesterday and let me tell you I'm terrible!!! LOL but yeah that's funny that you say straight hair is too much work. I think I would have to agree with you, which is why I have had no desire to wear my hair straight since my transition.

thanks Bholmes! I may try my hand at a rollerset in the future, but I can't see making straight hair a staple in my hair journey. I do like that it was big and fluffy. I had been concerned that it would be all flat and weighed down.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your flat twists look really good ...

thanks!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 1:22 pm

WOW CCC

That is a lot of hair!!! That straight style looked so cute on you!!! I think that the flat twists are cute as well. Do you think you would like the flat twists better if you had done them on wet air?

I want to try the carmel treatment as well, but for right now I think I will stick to the bentonite clay and henna treatments. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 2:16 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW CCC

That is a lot of hair!!! That straight style looked so cute on you!!! I think that the flat twists are cute as well. Do you think you would like the flat twists better if you had done them on wet air?

I want to try the carmel treatment as well, but for right now I think I will stick to the bentonite clay and henna treatments. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

KNH

thanks KNH. I probably would like the flat twist better on damp hair. I was just rushing to do some twists because it was after midnight. I'm going to revist styling this evening.

oh...and add the caramel treatment to your roster. I'm gonna have to make a treatment calendar because I have henna, alma, and shikaki (sp?) to try.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 3rd May 2010, 2:19 pm

Good job! You have a beautiful head of hair! So thick and looks really soft! So what is the caramel treatment? I see the ingredients you used, but what does it do for your hair? This is a new one for me...
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 2:25 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Good job! You have a beautiful head of hair! So thick and looks really soft! So what is the caramel treatment? I see the ingredients you used, but what does it do for your hair? This is a new one for me...

Thanks CG! It's pretty much a deep moisture treatment, but it's also supposed to make it easier for you to flat iron your hair straight--as in use less heat. My hair didn't get bone straight, but straight enough--I didn't want flat hair! I was happy with the results.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd May 2010, 2:33 pm

Loved it! Your straight hair was nice, full and thick! That caramel treatment sounds awesome, I definitely need to try it!

Your flat twists were great too, I'm horrible at them. I can never get them to look right! lol

Last edited by jlowman1 on 3rd May 2010, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd May 2010, 4:04 pm

Looking good!! CCC- thanks for the warm welcome on Curl Street
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd May 2010, 4:15 pm

Looking good girl! I loved seeing all of your hair straight but like you would have went back to my trusty curls. I probably won't straighten until June or July but I WILL try that caramel treatment!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd May 2010, 6:19 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Good job! You have a beautiful head of hair! So thick and looks really soft! So what is the caramel treatment? I see the ingredients you used, but what does it do for your hair? This is a new one for me...

@CurlsGalore, here is some more info that I found on newlynatural.com about the caramel treatment. Good recipe too.

http://newlynatural.com/blog/2008/12/caramel-treatment/

@CCC your hair is gorgeous. So full and fluffy. And your flat twists looked good, a nice and simple style.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd May 2010, 6:44 pm

Glad you got good results from the caramel treatment. I may have to try that.

I think your straight hair looks awesome! I personally think straightened natural hair looks better than relaxed hair because it's usually more full and has more body. When I went natural before and only wore a press my hair looked better than ever.

But I understand about it being too much work. In Houston, the humidity is so high I'm not sure how anyone ever tames there hair. You spend an hour curling it in the morning, and by the time you walk to your car it's done for.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd May 2010, 7:48 pm

Ooo Wee!!! Your hair looks really good. I am not a "treatment" girl but I may need to look into this a little more. LOL!!

Those flat twist look good too!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 3rd May 2010, 8:51 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

@CurlsGalore, here is some more info that I found on newlynatural.com about the caramel treatment. Good recipe too.

@CCC your hair is gorgeous. So full and fluffy. And your flat twists looked good, a nice and simple style.

Thank you Dva! I'm going to research this more!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 1:24 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Loved it! Your straight hair was nice, full and thick! That caramel treatment sounds awesome, I definitely need to try it!

Your flat twists were great too, I'm horrible at them. I can never get them to look right! lol

thanks! I'm still working on my flat twisting skills. Practice makes perfect!

NylaCoils wrote:Looking good!! CCC- thanks for the warm welcome on Curl Street

No prob girl. glad to have you in the 'hood.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Looking good girl! I loved seeing all of your hair straight but like you would have went back to my trusty curls. I probably won't straighten until June or July but I WILL try that caramel treatment!

yes! i highly recommend it for it's moisturizing properties. honey, banana...should have know I would love it since those are two key ingredients in the Curl Junkie products I've been using and love!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

thanks for the compliments and info on the caramel treatment! The flat twist are growing on me.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Glad you got good results from the caramel treatment. I may have to try that.

I think your straight hair looks awesome! I personally think straightened natural hair looks better than relaxed hair because it's usually more full and has more body. When I went natural before and only wore a press my hair looked better than ever.

But I understand about it being too much work. In Houston, the humidity is so high I'm not sure how anyone ever tames there hair. You spend an hour curling it in the morning, and by the time you walk to your car it's done for.

girl!! I was on the phone with my sister who is natural but straightens when I was doing it and I kept saying "it looks so pretty I don't want to go outside" LOL.

Lynnieluve wrote:Ooo Wee!!! Your hair looks really good. I am not a "treatment" girl but I may need to look into this a little more. LOL!!

Those flat twist look good too!!

Lynnie, what you waiting for girl? You betta go on and get your treatment on. Think of it as a pre-poo/DC...you do those!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 2:16 pm

aAfter months and months of saying I was going to do this I finally
took the time to do a product ingredient comparison.

The most common ingredients in the top five of my hair favs (Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, CJ Hibiscus and Banana Honey Butta, CJ Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave In, and Bed Head Moisture Maniac) are:

Water

Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
Vegetable Glycerine
Honey
Cetyl
Alcohol--a fatty alcohol derived from coconut and palm oils.

Cetearyl Alcohol --a vegetable derived blend of cetyl and stearyl fatty alcohol
Behentrimonium Methosulfate--a

mild hair-detangling ingredient made from non-genetically modified grapeseed oil.

I did some searching and found that--based on ingredients--I'll probably like Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Goddess Glaze.

I wasn't able to find the ingredients for the Curls for Target line. If anyone knows them direct me to them..or post them here please.

From the MiraCurl line I'd likely like the Super Butter Cream, Cocoa Hemp Curly Buttermilk, the MC Detangler and Conditioner, and the Curling Gelly.

Decisions...I'll likely go with Curls or Curls for Target (depending on the ingredients) since I can get them locally and I despise shipping and handling...oh...and the waiting...I need to make my way to target.

I also want to know what's in the SheaMoisture line. mmm....hair products....are my 30 days up yet?

Hair News: BF kept me out late last night looking at shot
guns and ammo--he just recently got into the hobby and is all excited about it--so
I did not restyle my hair. But that's ok. It's kinda growing on me. The style
is actually 3/4 flat twists and 1/4 two strand twists. So today I pinned the
flat twits back but let the two strands hang loose. I'm lazy and will probably
keep it like this. LOL. I wonder what kind of twist out this will yield.

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th May 2010, 3:09 pm

CCC found this little bit of info about the Curls at Target products. Product ingredients are hard to come by for some reason. Maybe you'll have better luck or someone else will post. Even on the Target site for each products, no ingredients were listed. Not sure what's up with that.

http://www.curls.biz/curly-forum/general-curly-hair-discussions/1238-curlz-target.html
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 3:20 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:CCC found this little bit of info about the Curls at Target products. Product ingredients are hard to come by for some reason. Maybe you'll have better luck or someone else will post. Even on the Target site for each products, no ingredients were listed. Not sure what's up with that.

http://www.curls.biz/curly-forum/general-curly-hair-discussions/1238-curlz-target.html

thank dva! guess I gotta make my way to Target.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 3:25 pm

Great research, I need to do the same in order to weed out the product that promote the most shrinkage for me.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 3:28 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great research, I need to do the same in order to weed out the product that promote the most shrinkage for me.

yea...chrs has been urging me to do this for months now.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 4th May 2010, 4:34 pm

Hey! Just took a few minutes to check out your thread. I didn't have much time, so I just read through the last page, but I plan on going back through it all...

Your straight hair was very lovely, and that is such a great idea about investigating the ingredients. I need to do that myself...

BTW, i'm loving your avatar!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next