CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 4:43 pm

exhale1913 wrote:Hey! Just took a few minutes to check out your thread. I didn't have much time, so I just read through the last page, but I plan on going back through it all...

Your straight hair was very lovely, and that is such a great idea about investigating the ingredients. I need to do that myself...

BTW, i'm loving your avatar!

thanks for the compliments and for stopping by. i hope you find some bit of information you can use!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th May 2010, 5:38 pm

Hey, I have the Curls products from Target. I'll come back later and list the ingredients!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 5:49 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey, I have the Curls products from Target. I'll come back later and list the ingredients!

awesome you rock!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 7:05 pm

CCC

I have curls from target at home. I'll post later tonight if you don't have it by the time I log back on...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th May 2010, 2:40 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:CCC

I have curls from target at home. I'll post later tonight if you don't have it by the time I log back on...

KNH

cool...whenever you get a chance my dear!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th May 2010, 2:52 pm

Oooo the twist out was sooooo pretty and I love the twists too I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th May 2010, 10:52 pm

I forgot about the caramel treatment. I may try it. I may have to create a treatment calendar as well. I may just use the notes on my hotmail account. I can just copy and paste the information as I see fit. What do you plan to do to keep track?

Your hair has retained its length. I know you are proud.

Glad you took the time to look into the ingredients in the products that are working for you. Our hair likes the same things.

I have the Curls line and want to get their low poo/cleanser. I used it last year and want to see if they work differently.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 11:17 am

Morning CCC,

Just passing through.

Have a good day!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 11:32 am

^^^^ what Lynn said!

*waving*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th May 2010, 2:32 pm

Hey CCC!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th May 2010, 3:19 pm

Hey CCC! Dropping in to say hello! CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th May 2010, 4:38 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I forgot about the caramel treatment. I may try it. I may have to create a treatment calendar as well. I may just use the notes on my hotmail account. I can just copy and paste the information as I see fit. What do you plan to do to keep track?

Your hair has retained its length. I know you are proud.

Glad you took the time to look into the ingredients in the products that are working for you. Our hair likes the same things.

I have the Curls line and want to get their low poo/cleanser. I used it last year and want to see if they work differently.

Thanks for noticing! I am proud of my length retention. Thank God for twists and DC's!

For the treatment calendar I'm thinking of my google calendar, or something I can sync with my phone. I might just start writing it on my wall calendar that I track my weight on.

Now that I've checked out the ingredients I'm excited about trying the Curls line. I think I'm just going to try the professionals line.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th May 2010, 4:43 pm

@lynnie, sweet, dva, ladymika! hey y'all!

I'm having the craziest day...and I should be ashamed of how raggedy my flat twist have become because I have not been sleeping with a scarf or bonnet...just straight on the satin pillow. yikes!

Oh well. I had time this morning to retwist one---yes---one as in singular flat twist with my CJ Aloe Fix gel. I just wanted to try it out. LOL.

I'm likely going to get home late from work and won't feel like retwisting...so...flat twistout here I come! excitedness!

I'll be retwisted by Sunday---booo...LOL.

I'm also going to have to use my some of my "special occassion" days for week 4 of the challenge. I'm going to visit my bestie in Houston for her law school graduation and I want to have big cute-i-ful hair!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 9:03 pm

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Icon_smile @ cute-i-ful hair!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 6th May 2010, 9:31 pm

Hey CCC! I took the time to list the Curls ingredients last night but didn't see on your thread. Did you see it?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 10:47 am

oooooh i cant wait to see those pics! are u gonna be at the next meet up?

oh yea, i know u take the train from bmore, im thinkin of takin a train to bmore so i dont have to drive to oyin. is there transpo to oyin from the train station...wait..how MUCH is it to take the train?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th May 2010, 2:04 pm

@poeticly...nope haven't seen them...let me check that thread i made in the products section

@nubie, i plan to go to the next meetup. you're better off driving to to oyin. the marc train from union station to penn station--which is $7--doesn't run on the weekends. you actually have to take amtrak which is about $20--one way. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Affraid i only do it because I can ride amtrak trains on the weekend with my monthly MARC pass. besides there's not really good transpo to the Oyin storefront from Penn station.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th May 2010, 2:28 pm

So here's my flat twist out after having had the twists in for 5 days.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 S7301826

umm...semi-fail..

it's from the flat twists i did (with curl junkie honey butter leave in) on blown out and flat ironed hair so it's soft and defined in most areas..but i need my eco-custard to give it that umph!

I ended up pinning back the sides because I didn't like how it looked just all out there...

I like using moisturizing products on my twist, but when it comes to a twist set specifically for a twist out I prolly need to stick with the gel-oil combo. it just gives my hair that special je ne sais quoi.

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 2:00 pm

I hope my iherb order comes today. I want to try the eco custard on my twist. What do you use under it? Start from after you rinse your deep conditioner out.....what do you do next?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 8th May 2010, 3:27 pm

@ Lynnie after I wash out my DC I put in a creamy leave in and let that air dry 90 percent. Then I moisturize each section of my twist with something like Oyin whipped pudding and then add the eco custard to twist with
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 4:28 pm

Ok...Thanks CCC. I will use my leave in & coconut oil....let it dry some then apply my shea butter mix, and twist with the eco custard.

I checked my email and my order isnt expected to get here until Tuesday CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Icon_sad so I will have to try it for my Week 5 twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th May 2010, 9:46 pm

@CCC Is sleeping on a satin pillow without any type of bonnet bad? I do that from time to time and after reading your post I'm not sure if that's safe.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th May 2010, 7:50 am

@dva it's not that it's not safe its just that my flat twists got fuzzier faster without having a scarf or bonnet to keep down the fly away hairs. I don't mind doing it with my micro twist or when I have my hair loose. Sorry to have alarmed you.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th May 2010, 7:55 am

Happy Mother's Day curly mommies. Hope you guys are having a great start to your special day.

I miss my mommy. I won't get to see her until August.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th May 2010, 12:49 pm

Week 4 already! Wow. Time is just flying by. I was a big ole PJ this weekend. Friday night I went to MOMs organic market to check out the curls line. They didn't have everything I wanted so I left empty handed and went to Target to check out the Curls for Target Line. I picked up one of everything and the Shea Moisture curl enhancing cream, the SM moisturizing spray and the SM deep treatment mask CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Icon_pale.

I know I wasn't supposed to try a new product until next week, but I had been using the Curl Junkie for a week before I started the challenge--so technically I did use it for 30 days before moving on. Nubie and Dva will let me slide right...

Anyway I didn't like my twist out and I was in a rush to wash it and do something new. Initial impression of the Curls for Target Line--pretty good. But my ingredient check pretty much told me that it should be.

At the spur of the moment BF wanted to go to this national forest in md with a gun ranges, so I hurriedly did a wash n go with the CfT Goddess gel. Not bad.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Img_0210

It didn't dry crunchy crunchy, but it didn't have that soft moisturized feeling that I like. I washed it out on Sunday and twisted it up with the Creme Brulee and my beloved Eco Custard

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Img_0211

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 22 Img_0212

I can't wait for my twistout! LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next