CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteé
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by bholmes87 11th March 2010, 10:20 pm

Yes the second flat twist out looks amazing!!! All the other pics are beautiful too Smile Loving the hair!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by Lynnieluve 11th March 2010, 11:10 pm

Flat twist take two looks great!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th March 2010, 11:57 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am loving the day two hair!! beautiful!!

bholmes87 wrote:Yes the second flat twist out looks amazing!!! All the other pics are beautiful too Smile Loving the hair!

Lynnieluve wrote:Flat twist take two looks great!

thank you ladies so much!

My twistout died last night. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_sad RIP. But I knew it would. The moisture in the air and umm...sexy time with the bf killed it. Apparently my big hair was a real turn on. (LOL. Sorry if that was TMI.) I didn't retwists last night and I'm glad I didn't waste my time because it's rainy in the DMV. So now I'm rocking a super puff. Its still soft, but feeling kinda dry and I'm not liking that. IDK what to do. I'm soooo tempted to go back to the mini twists. Life is so much simpler, until its time to detangle. But I said I was going to master the twist out. I have to find something with some hold that won't let it start expanding as soon as I walk out of the door. Any suggestions?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th March 2010, 3:11 pm

Hair was cute. I laughed at the TMI.

Eco Styler Custard I love this stuff. It has hold and it softens because of the oil.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/sheetacular_napps-t468-150.htm
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 14th March 2010, 5:41 pm

Hey Coca-

I thinking about doing mini twist as well, just asking my husband what he thought about them the last time I tried it. I didn't keep them in long and don't have any pictures for reference so I'm not sure if I want to take a day to do them if I'm not going to like it, I don't know we will see.......

LMAO w/ you TMI, sometimes it's like that. The lil things turn them into wild man CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_lol .
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th March 2010, 12:13 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hair was cute. I laughed at the TMI.

Eco Styler Custard I love this stuff. It has hold and it softens because of the oil.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/butters-n-bars-miss-naturally-beautiful-you-2010-challenge-f14/sheetacular_napps-t468-150.htm

Thanks again Shee. I was all gung ho about making this, but then I couldn't get my hands on any avocado oil so I just decided to wait.

neethair wrote:Hey Coca-

I thinking about doing mini twist as well, just asking my husband what he thought about them the last time I tried it. I didn't keep them in long and don't have any pictures for reference so I'm not sure if I want to take a day to do them if I'm not going to like it, I don't know we will see.......

LMAO w/ you TMI, sometimes it's like that. The lil things turn them into wild man CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_lol .

I understand your hesitation. They take entirely too long for me to not end up liking them. I'm thinking about going back to them.

I did absolutely freaking nothing with my hair this weekend. Sad. I just wasn't feeling like it. But I should have because now I'm sitting here with this lace front on my hair because of it.

I'm about ready to give up on this whole defining curls, wash-n-go quest. Maybe it's just not for me. I tried this morning and the whole ordeal was an epic fail. First my hair wouldn't get wet. I was under the stream for I can't even tell you how long and it just wasn't saturating. I slapped on some conditioner thinking that would help and it did not. So back under the spray I went. Still nothing. I gave up. I tried adding the gel to my hair at that point, but really that was a waste of product. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. Then I said fine I'll try to do a ponytail puff. Got my hair in the ponytail and tried to smooth the edges down. Fail. I used my Hicks Edges and when that didn't work I tried shea butter, but that only resulted in creating a white film on the top of my head. So I put a scarf on thinking that I could get it to melt in. HA! Fat chance. So I tried to brush it out. That was an even funnier attempt. So here I sit with my lacefront on my head and feeling crappy about it. And I'm getting off work late, so I might not be able to do anything with it tonight either. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 15th March 2010, 12:18 pm

I'm sorry about this. So your hair doesn't hold water? Could it be your porosity level?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th March 2010, 12:18 pm

Check out MahoganyCurls newest WnG technique....the accordion technique. I plan on trying it this week.

I hope you and your hair get on better terms really soon.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th March 2010, 12:27 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'm sorry about this. So your hair doesn't hold water? Could it be your porosity level?

I'm not sure how to measure porosity level. I know that my hair is cottony and it generally takes a while to take in water, but then it takes a really long time to dry.

Lynnieluve wrote:Check out MahoganyCurls newest WnG technique....the accordion technique. I plan on trying it this week.

I hope you and your hair get on better terms really soon.

I hope so too. I was attempting the accordion technique this morning, but when my hair wouldn't get all the way wet, I just gave up.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th March 2010, 6:38 pm

I've been sitting here wondering why in the world my hair wouldn't get saturated this morning. I'm thinking either:
a. the Miss Jessie's Butter creme i used on it when I did that flat twist out needs to be shampooed out
b. I need a protein treatment
or c. all of the above.

Likely its C. I thought the co-wash would have been enough to fight Miss Jessie, but I was wrong. Ok. Note to self: use Miss Jessie closer to my regularly scheduled shampoo day. I also can't remember the last time I did a protein treatment. I can't wait to rectify this.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th March 2010, 10:04 pm

coco u be rockin those mini twist! how do u build up the patience to start and end em!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 15th March 2010, 10:13 pm

Yes, I checked the ingredients in the MJ. And it has beeswax and mineral oil. So you would definitely need a poo to get those out. Lynn I can't wait to see your attempt at MC's technique.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 10:25 pm

Yes Coco it sounds like you need to start with a clean slate...get rid of that stuff and start fresh. I hope things get better soon!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th March 2010, 11:11 am

NubieNatty wrote:coco u be rockin those mini twist! how do u build up the patience to start and end em!

I just tell myself if I do this for one day, then I can chill for the next 20. LOL.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Yes, I checked the ingredients in the MJ. And it has beeswax and mineral oil. So you would definitely need a poo to get those out. Lynn I can't wait to see your attempt at MC's technique.

Yea I should have known better, but I was rushing trying to do something to my head for work. I have to stop doing my hair when I'm pressed for time.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Yes Coco it sounds like you need to start with a clean slate...get rid of that stuff and start fresh. I hope things get better soon!

I'm going to try the wash-n-go again on a clean slate and thing should go better.

Last night I didn't get home from work until 10:30 and I promised myself that I would not start a wash routine on the week days after 8 p.m., so as to not get sleepy and frustrated and end up with a hot mess on my hands in the morning. So instead I just flat twisted my hair. It was still somewhat damp from having it in that ponytail under my LF all day. There's this dude that has a kiosk in Union Station and he sells Carol's Daughters Products. I've been eying them for a while so I decided to get the healthy hair butter. I want it to be a replacement for that baby butter creme--as I will not be repurchasing that. I used some Aussie Moist texturizing gel on top of it and my hair came out pretty nice. I wonder how this combo is going to hold up.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2010, 11:16 pm

I am sorry you had a poor experience with WnG CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_neutral . I am glad you are going to give it another shot CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

What is in the CD hair butter?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2010, 11:43 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I've been sitting here wondering why in the world my hair wouldn't get saturated this morning. I'm thinking either:
a. the Miss Jessie's Butter creme i used on it when I did that flat twist out needs to be shampooed out
or c. all of the above.

Likely its C. I thought the co-wash would have been enough to fight Miss Jessie, but I was wrong. Ok. Note to self: use Miss Jessie closer to my regularly scheduled shampoo day. I also can't remember the last time I did a protein treatment. I can't wait to rectify this.

A co wash fights a losing battle to Miss Jessie's. I use a sulfate shampoo to make sure I get rid of Miss Jessie. As much as I love the results I get with Miss Jessie's, I think I am gonna give the rest away. There's a curly at my church (she's a member on this forum too) that loves it. I think I will give it to her.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 12:38 am

Love the flat twist!
LOL at the DH messing up the hair in bedroom kungfu fighting!!!
It's just inevidentable sometimes. Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 12:49 am

just checkin on you to see if things got better
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th March 2010, 1:02 am

umm neet..first of all where is ur bnb? 2nd of all, dont be worryin bout no twist...u better worry about that BC cuz im tellin u; next time i see u im gonna hypmotize you and u will wake up a brand new woman...and NO u cant have ur eco styler back!! CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_silent oh yea...and post some pics!

**NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM**

love the TMI, lol..this was suppose to be a family forum not a Zane Sex Chronicle forum! gawn wit ur nasty self CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_surprised . i ended up retwisting my whole head cuz once i started i couldnt stop! and u talkin bout a CD stand at the union station in dc? ol hustle man from martin? i gotta check him out n show him some love!!

are u flat twisting your whole head? im curious to flat twist my head..well not me cuz i dont know how to do em! how do ur flat twist out's turn out?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 17th March 2010, 4:17 am

That second day hair is the business!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2010, 8:48 am

NubieNatty wrote:

love the TMI, lol..this was suppose to be a family forum not a Zane Sex Chronicle forum! gawn wit ur nasty self CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_surprised .

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th March 2010, 10:53 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am sorry you had a poor experience with WnG CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_neutral . I am glad you are going to give it another shot CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

What is in the CD hair butter?

Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax,
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet
Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis
(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance
(Parfum), Ascorbic Acid, Xantham Gum, Potassium Sorbate.

I like it, but the sent, patchouli, sage, and something else is going to take some getting used to. BF told me I smelled like a man's cologne. Lawd.

Lynnieluve wrote:
CocaColaCutie wrote:I've been sitting here wondering why in the world my hair wouldn't get saturated this morning. I'm thinking either:
or c. all of the above.

A co wash fights a losing battle to Miss Jessie's. I use a sulfate shampoo to make sure I get rid of Miss Jessie. As much as I love the results I get with Miss Jessie's, I think I am gonna give the rest away. There's a curly at my church (she's a member on this forum too) that loves it. I think I will give it to her.

Damn you Miss Jessies, and your mineral oils and waxes!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love the flat twist!
LOL at the DH messing up the hair in bedroom kungfu fighting!!!
It's just inevidentable sometimes. Laughing

Thanks IB! LOL @ bedroom kungfu fighting. You just made "anybody want kungfu fighting" run through my head.

sweetdrk1 wrote:just checkin on you to see if things got better

Thanks for checking! I still haven't had time to wash, so I've been retwisting dry hair. It'll do.

NubieNatty wrote:umm neet..first of all where is ur bnb? 2nd of all, dont be worryin bout no twist...u better worry about that BC cuz im tellin u; next time i see u im gonna hypmotize you and u will wake up a brand new woman...and NO u cant have ur eco styler back!! CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_silent oh yea...and post some pics!

love the TMI, lol..this was suppose to be a family forum not a Zane Sex Chronicle forum! gawn wit ur nasty self CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Icon_surprised . i ended up retwisting my whole head cuz once i started i couldnt stop! and u talkin bout a CD stand at the union station in dc? ol hustle man from martin? i gotta check him out n show him some love!!

are u flat twisting your whole head? im curious to flat twist my head..well not me cuz i dont know how to do em! how do ur flat twist out's turn out?

Get 'er Nubie! LOL @ Zane Sex Chronicle forum. Yes, the Union Station in DC. The dude has a kiosk right outside of the bookstore. He is a true hustle man. Cash only and sells purfumes and other stuff too.

Oh and when I do my flat twists I do them in two rows. Like around 8 on the top half and 8 on the bottom half. It comes out better that way for me because I'm not so tempted to grab humongous sections of hair.

MahoganyCurls wrote:That second day hair is the business!

Thanks MC!

Hey ya'll. I still haven't washed my hair!?! It's killing me! I had to work really late last night and I'm sticking to my "no-wash past 8 p.m. on a week night" rule. So today I hurried did a like three twists in the front of my hair and pushed the rest into a puff. Oh and check out my hair candy! It's one of those flower headband thingys.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 12 Hairca10
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 11:33 am

I hate when my schedule is so tight that I don't have hair time. When you finally get that time - pamper pamper pamper! Very Happy
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th March 2010, 11:41 am

tiashauntee wrote:I hate when my schedule is so tight that I don't have hair time. When you finally get that time - pamper pamper pamper! Very Happy

Yes! I'm in desperate need of a DC! And I want to have cute hair for the Bmore expo this weekend!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 11:44 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:I hate when my schedule is so tight that I don't have hair time. When you finally get that time - pamper pamper pamper! Very Happy

Yes! I'm in desperate need of a DC! And I want to have cute hair for the Bmore expo this weekend!

Can you wear hats to work? That is my trick for multi-tasking. While at work I am also Dcing under my hat.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next