CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by jcanalena79 29th April 2010, 12:05 am

So, I'm super duper late, but I've been seeing your avi in the challenge thread and been meaning to come over here and tell you how absolutely FAB u look!!! I love the hair clip too ... very cute!! I love you you're making your twists last for 3 weeks. I wish!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 11:53 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:THAT SURE IS A PRETTY HAIR CLIP CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_smile

thanks!

jcanalena79 wrote:So, I'm super duper late, but I've been seeing your avi in the challenge thread and been meaning to come over here and tell you how absolutely FAB u look!!! I love the hair clip too ... very cute!! I love you you're making your twists last for 3 weeks. I wish!

Thanks! Three weeks is about the max I'll let my microtwists stay in. Any longer than that and I might as say I'm on my sister loc journey. LOL.

I'm getting scared to take the twists out. I know I have all kinds of shed hairs tangling everything up. I'm going to have to go searching on youtube for how to take down microtwists. I feel like I saw a video once that I liked. I need to do better about making good videos favorites so I can easily refer back to them.

Today was another spritz and scrunch day. Spritzed in water, scrunched in Curl Junkie Leave-In. I love this stuff.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th April 2010, 11:57 am

maaaaaaaan wit those mini twist i would love to see ur twist out results!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 12:24 pm

I thought I left a comment early but I guess I didnt.

Congratulations on your one year mark and your weightloss!!

Loving your mini twist and all the styles you are able to achieve with them!!!

Very cute hair candy!

I think FreeWorshipFreeWors has a video how to take down twist...I think. I was wrong.

KinkyKurlyQueen has a video but she say it took her 2 days to take hers out CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_neutral
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 12:49 pm

NubieNatty wrote:maaaaaaaan wit those mini twist i would love to see ur twist out results!

I'm thinking about it. Not sure if I'll bother. Depends on what time I get off work tonight and what twist style I figure out to do next.

Lynnieluve wrote:I thought I left a comment early but I guess I didnt.

Congratulations on your one year mark and your weightloss!!

Loving your mini twist and all the styles you are able to achieve with them!!!

Very cute hair candy!

I think FreeWorshipFreeWors has a video how to take down twist...I think. I was wrong.

KinkyKurlyQueen has a video but she say it took her 2 days to take hers out CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_neutral

Thanks Lynn. Yikes! Two days. I'll have to look for that vid.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 1:01 pm

I agree with jcalena, if I haven't said so before, your avi is beautiful!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th April 2010, 1:25 pm

your avi is stunning and I know I have told you that before. But it is always nice to hear stuff like that again CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 29th April 2010, 4:04 pm

Philly Diva has a braid removal vid on YT it might works on twists as well.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 5:09 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I agree with jcalena, if I haven't said so before, your avi is beautiful!

thanks hun!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:your avi is stunning and I know I have told you that before. But it is always nice to hear stuff like that again CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_lol

thanks IB, I'll take the compliments whenever the come. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 678474

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Philly Diva has a braid removal vid on YT it might works on twists as well.

Thanks. I'll go look for it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 29th April 2010, 11:46 pm

SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th April 2010, 11:54 pm

I GIVE YOU PROPS FOR THOSE MICRO BRAIDS AND 2 STRAND TWISTS YOU DO. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN THEM CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th April 2010, 12:12 pm

@shee thanks for posting the vid.
@IB thanks hun!

So I was just over in Lynnie's thread and was reminded that today is the last day of the BNB challenge. Just last week I celebrated my one year natural anniversary and I truly believe that I couldn't have had the type of progress that I did had I not found Curly Nikki, joined this challenge and committed to caring for my natural hair.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my thread and gave me ideas for when things didn't turn out so right and shared in my joy when things went well. I learned long ago that sharing is caring--and you ladies are THE BEST at sharing. That's why we have such a strong family unit feel here.

There is sooooo much information on this board. Just this morning my sister emailed me asking about a product line--DivaSmooth. She's natural but prefers to wear her hair straight. I never heard of it, so I did a little google searching and didn't come up with anything good.

Then I thought duh, why didn't you check the CN forum? Totally should have used the search function here first. I found the product ingredient list (which is not on the product's site) and a review that I passed along to my sister.

Digging deeper I found that the product is similar to the caramel treatment that LaToya28 asked about a few weeks ago. She also posted the recipe. I love this place.

I said in Lynnie's thread that I was going to continue to post when this thing changes over to the Curl Street Journal. And I hope you all do too!

P.S. I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow and am torn between doing a twist out and trying out that caramel treatment and straightening my hair. I read somewhere that the caramel treatment makes it so you don't have to use as much heat to straighten. I'm curious about my length. The last time I tried to straighten my hair I chickened out fearing that it wouldn't revert. If I do it'll only be for the weekend because a. I'm on the twist challenge, and b. I workout too much to try and bother keeping it straight. Thoughts? Suggestions?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 30th April 2010, 1:37 pm

There is so much information on these forums. I use to search Google first when I had questions. The CN forums has replaced Google's #1 spot on my list for searching for information related to hair.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th April 2010, 1:41 pm

I think I want to join the BAA challenge. Hey I figure the 6 months doing this challenge flew by, the next six months should too. huh....

I guess I will straighten so I can post my stats tomorrow. Yikes...I'm scared.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey CCC....

I agree with everything you said. I felt sad this morning, but I hope we all keep posting when the thread is changed to the Curl Street Journal. I plan too...

Whatever style you decide on for this weekend I know it will be too cute!! Don't forget to post pictures!!

I've so enjoyed your thread!! Keep posting!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 30th April 2010, 1:44 pm

Time did fly....entirely too fast. But it was a fun 6 months
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 1:45 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I think I want to join the BAA challenge. Hey I figure the 6 months doing this challenge flew by, the next six months should too. huh....

I'm doing that challenge, but I will have to get my son to help me measure. I'm too scared to straighten!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 1:56 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Time did fly....entirely too fast. But it was a fun 6 months
Yes I agree totally.

I have to check this caramel treatment out...I somehow missed that one!

Don't forget pics please of whatever your weekend hair turns into. *smooches*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th April 2010, 3:56 pm

sure was!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
CocaColaCutie wrote:I think I want to join the BAA challenge. Hey I figure the 6 months doing this challenge flew by, the next six months should too. huh....

I'm doing that challenge, but I will have to get my son to help me measure. I'm too scared to straighten!!!

cross your fingers for me!
sweetdrk1 wrote:
Yes I agree totally.

I have to check this caramel treatment out...I somehow missed that one!

Don't forget pics please of whatever your weekend hair turns into. *smooches*

See the caramel treatment here

I'll definitely take pics!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 1st May 2010, 10:56 am

Last night I took down my minitwists using the Phillydiva method--as recommended by my shero--SheeTacular! Basically you load your hair down with conditioner and use a detangling tool on sections of the twists. She uses a fine tooth comb in the video. I couldn't find mine so I settled for my modified denman. Worked like a charm. I used some VO5 clarifying conditioner. Twisted each clump into a bigger twists. Then I rinsed that out and scrunched some Curl Junkie Leave-in into my twists just so my hair wouldn't dry out over night. Curl Junkie is like my best friend right now. My hair was nice and soft for me to start my Caramel Treatment.

Sparked by my sister's inquiry about the Diva Smooth product line I got inspired to try the Caramel Treatment--as posted by LaToya28. Find the recipe here.

Mixing notes: I used banana baby food so I skipped the blender process. I also added the water in the beginning because I didn't copy down the recipe properly. I started with one tablespoon of cornstarch and then added the second one later. Next time I'll have to remember to dissolve the cornstarch in water before adding it to the mixture to prevent lumps. I ended up picking bits of cornstarch out of my hair.

Application notes: I started off applying it with a color/perm brush but quickly nixed that in favor of my hands. It's sticky, but I'm a hands on type girl. And isn't one of the perks of being natural and using natural products/homemade treatments being able to apply stuff with your hands? Try that with a perm if you like CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 20 Affraid. Also be sure to wear a salon cape... I saw a girl on youtube make one out of an old bag so I followed suit. Mine is by Le Burlington Coat Factory. LOL.

I'm letting it sit for an hour or so and will wash and DC afterward. I'll have to try and add the pics later. The uploader thingy is being all slow.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st May 2010, 11:39 am

Oooo I will be back to see results
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st May 2010, 1:31 pm

Can't wait to see the result!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st May 2010, 1:59 pm

I'm ready to see soft fluffy hair!! Wait! What results are you expecting?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st May 2010, 6:50 pm

Can't wait to see your pics.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 1st May 2010, 10:25 pm

**waiting on pics**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next