CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 31 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocoEuro 14th July 2010, 3:26 pm

Well hello Avera!!! and I took your advice! I seperated all of my natural products, samples too, from the chemically ridden ones!!!

Man I have JUNK!!! The only two products I might hold onto are HEHH and Eco Styler (no alcohol), they are tucked under the bed with the rest of the "junk".

So I have Giovanni leave-in, Qhemet and Curls products, Henna, and butters in my "good" box! Thanks Coca!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 31 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by swoodward 15th July 2010, 11:24 pm

yes, neat idea! I did something similar a few weeks ago. I kept a few commercial products but they are in closet, not my toy box.

I like the name Avera!! I immediately thought she was transgressing the laws of american conformity!

The aloe vera reference is so cool.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th July 2010, 12:57 am

well Hello Avera!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 16th July 2010, 4:05 am

swoodward wrote:yes, neat idea! I did something similar a few weeks ago. I kept a few commercial products but they are in closet, not my toy box.

I like the name Avera!! I immediately thought she was transgressing the laws of american conformity!

LOL @ Toy Box!!! That's how feel when I look at products!! ooo...playtime! LOL!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th July 2010, 12:57 pm

Awesome name and meaning! How long was your hair when you were relaxed?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th July 2010, 1:06 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Avera.....is a very nice name. I really like the way you broke down the meaning. It's perfect!!!

You twists are so uniformed and pretty I just have to ask..is your hair the same length all over? Just curious..

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

thanks hun! my hair is not the same length all over. i haven't measured in a while, but my front is about 7 inches i think, the sides might be around 6.5, and the middle maybe 6. I don't know. You're going to make me pull out the ruler. I think the fact that I do mostly mini twists is what camouflages it into looking like its even.

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey CCC!!!

I like Avera and both meanings behind it......very nice choice. I'm also glad you're feeling better.

Men are definitely funny about the hair thing.....my BF likes my natural hair, but sometimes he makes comments about me not doing my hair when I come to see him......luckily I just roll my eyes and keep it moving, LOL......my hair is always done, sometimes it might look a lil crazier than normal, but its always done, LOL.

LOL. thanks. BF confused me even more. the other day we were sitting on the couch watching tv and he randomly says, I like your hair like that. I give up!

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I'm loving the name! And it seems as if it was meant to be based on the meaning. I would still like to name my hair but I'm not sure what I would name her.....

It's wonderful that your hair has grown so much! Keep on keeping on! CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 31 Herz

Thanks! Don't give up. The name will come to you when the time is right.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Well well now, Avera sounds lovely for a lovely young lady!

Enjoy your 10 year reunion! My 20 year reunion is in October, still debating on whether or not I will attend.

Thanks Chrs. I'm getting excited about it. But I think I'm more excited about seeing my family. I haven't seen since ummm...last summer....sad.

CocoEuro wrote:Well hello Avera!!! and I took your advice! I seperated all of my natural products, samples too, from the chemically ridden ones!!!

Man I have JUNK!!! The only two products I might hold onto are HEHH and Eco Styler (no alcohol), they are tucked under the bed with the rest of the "junk".

So I have Giovanni leave-in, Qhemet and Curls products, Henna, and butters in my "good" box! Thanks Coca!!!

ooooh i'm loving the stuff in your good box. I want to try Qhemet's. My sister has some, maybe she'll let me dip into her jar when I go home. LOL. I still haven't done a henna. IDK what I'm waiting for.

swoodward wrote:yes, neat idea! I did something similar a few weeks ago. I kept a few commercial products but they are in closet, not my toy box.

haha i didn't even think about it like that, but I like it!

sweetdrk1 wrote:well Hello Avera!! I love it!

hey sweeeeeeeeeeet. yes. i had to put some extra e's in there. love ya girlie!

CocoEuro wrote:

LOL @ Toy Box!!! That's how feel when I look at products!! ooo...playtime! LOL!

i'm definitely like a kid when i get to playing on my hair shelves. yea...plural...sad...but i can't help myself i like new things!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th July 2010, 1:59 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Awesome name and meaning! How long was your hair when you were relaxed?

lookya here:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 31 Comic-p

somewhat decent comparison...my hair in the natural hair pic is flipped, but you can't question the fullness!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th July 2010, 2:12 pm

The natural hair wins hands down!! Look how much fuller it is..it looks much more healthy!!! Great comparison!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 17th July 2010, 6:07 am

ooo...look at the fullness!!!! Nice!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 12:03 pm

Avera. I love it!! The meaning definitely suits your hair! Great choice!

Wow! Natural hair trumps relaxed any day! Your hair looks way more healthier, fuller and longer now than when it was relaxed. Beautiful comparison, 3C!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 1:18 pm

Hey CCC,
Love the new hair name. Look at the difference in your relaxed and natural hair. All I can say is wow! Your natural hair, of course, looks so much healthier and full of volume.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th July 2010, 3:10 pm

Thanks guys! And kudos to JNB for making me think to do the comparison pic in the first place. Pictures really show the difference. It's amazing. Also thanks to KNH for making me pull out my ruler. The front of my hair is 8 inches! gasp!!!

Today I'm sitting around and playing with my hair. I had to detangle my weave bc it was looking a hot mess! I washed, conditioned and DC'd my leave out with my shea moisture, and put on my kimmaytube leave in. love this stuff!

Oh and why did I just realize that they reformulated the Giovanni Direct Leave-In. The new version has Aloe Vera Juice higher up in the ingredient list. Avera should like that. We'll see. I still have a quarter of the old formula to use up.

I used some Esencia conditioner on the weave, as well as EO leave-in. I don't really like the smell of the EO. It's French Lavendar--but just smells like medicine to me. Ick! But it has such wonderful ingredients. Maybe if I use it to make a batch of kimmaytube leave-in it will cut down the smell. Hmmm.....
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th July 2010, 12:30 pm

hey coco!! i see u got a lot goin on around here! love the comparison pics, perm definitely doesnt give u the fullness which is what i always wanted. im contemplating gettin a flat iron but i dont know how i'll have time becuz its too hot now and i want to wear my hair out extra curly n full for my anniversary and put it up in braids for the winter!! hmm maybe i'll wear it straight after my year anniversary (sept).

so you dont like kbn leave in???
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 18th July 2010, 12:37 pm

I love the Avera name CCC! I like the meaning behind it too. My 10 year reunion will be coming up in a few years and wit FB I already know what everyone is up to lol but I'm sure I will still attend. I loved my class Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 9:09 pm

great comparison! your hair looks thick and full!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 19th July 2010, 10:42 am

Avera! A-vera! I like it nice choice for some very lovely locks.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th July 2010, 5:03 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey coco!! i see u got a lot goin on around here! love the comparison pics, perm definitely doesnt give u the fullness which is what i always wanted. im contemplating gettin a flat iron but i dont know how i'll have time becuz its too hot now and i want to wear my hair out extra curly n full for my anniversary and put it up in braids for the winter!! hmm maybe i'll wear it straight after my year anniversary (sept).

so you dont like kbn leave in???

i do like the kbn leave-in. i just haven't used it much. I got a the GVP flat iron (generic for chi) from sally's in april, when they were running a special and i've used it twice. you are sooo right, it's way too hot to be flat ironing anything. just wait till your anniversary in sept.

AfrikanLatina wrote:I love the Avera name CCC! I like the meaning behind it too. My 10 year reunion will be coming up in a few years and wit FB I already know what everyone is up to lol but I'm sure I will still attend. I loved my class Smile

thanks! yea i'm excited. i've sneaked some peeks at folks on facebook myself, but i gotta see these folks in person! lol

swoodward wrote:great comparison! your hair looks thick and full!!

thanks hun!

carfi366 wrote:Avera! A-vera! I like it nice choice for some very lovely locks.

thanks!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th July 2010, 7:18 pm

Hey lady!! Awesome comparison pic!! I love the hair name!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 22nd July 2010, 9:16 pm

LOVE THE COMPARISON PICS. I wish i could dig some pics up from my relaxed days so I could compare. Which was before digital cameras became popular. CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 31 Icon_cry
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th July 2010, 2:57 pm

Really? Almost two weeks since I've been here last? That's crazy. But life has been crazy.

I've been working till 10 p.m. most days--and then on top of that last weekend I lost my wallet. I had to get a new license, cancel, my cards--and accounts..my dumb behind had my account numbers in my wallet. NEVER DO THAT! ugh.

Anyway, the weave I put in my hair is on its last legs now...

I want to play in my hair! Hopefully boyfriend hasn't made plans for us tonight and I can get started. I'm in need of all kind of treatments! I need the WORKS!

I'm heading down to ATL for my high school reunion next week. I'm so excited. My PJ behind has already requested to visit a natural hair product store and I want to check out the Bronner Brothers show while I'm down there. We'll see.

Missed you guys! Can't wait to catch up!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 1st August 2010, 4:31 pm

Hey, CC sorry about the walllet!!! Have fun in ATL
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 1st August 2010, 7:16 pm

Hey 3C! Just checking in on you! Sorry about the wallet. Sad
Have a safe trip to ATL and have fun! Don't do too much damage at the hair show!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd August 2010, 5:28 pm

Hey C-Cube!!!

Hate to hear you lost your wallet..but you sound in good spirits!! Have fun at your class reunion, and remember to take plenty of pictures!!1

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th August 2010, 1:08 pm

Hey guys! Thanks for all the well wishes!

I have good news! Someone turned my wallet into my rental office! I got most of my stuff back...my cash was gone, but I only had $6 so I guess they took that as a finder's fee. But yea I had a couple of gift cards that I got back as well as my store rewards cards and my library card!!!

The people at my rental office said it was a young man that turned it in, and he left a phone number. I called it (using *67 of course but the number was disconnected.) Oh well. I hope they know how much I appreciate them returning it.

This week, I've been rocking some twists that I did hurriedly--expecting to do a twist out.

Saturday night I did the works! BF helped me cut the weave out (that's love!) and I unraveled my cornrows--that were trying to loc up on me. I detangled with some V05 clarifying conditioner because there was no way that I was going to try to do that in the shower. No ma'am.

Once I had about 8 sections, I did my shampoo, buffer conditioner, DC steps. I started too late and ended up falling asleep with the DC in my hair (Oh by the way I'm still using the Shea Moisture line--I think that's some kind of record for me. LOL.)

Anyway, the next morning I made a batch of kimmaytube leave in, with Knot Today this time because I was trying out FreeWorship's (from youtube) method of twisting with Kinky Curly Curling Custard and I didn't want to risk any weird residue using a different base for the leave-in.

My hair dried soft y'all SOFT! ZERO CRUNCH! did you read what i typed?!? ZERO CRUNCH! And it's oh so moisturized. But we'll see what the resulting twist out is.

My flight down to ATL is early in the morning and I need to make sure that I'm packed tonight and that the only thing I'm throwing in the bag are toiletries and makeup.

I gotta charge up my camera so I can take some pics and come back and show y'all. My thread has been picless for a while. I gotta fix that!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th August 2010, 12:46 pm

have a great trip, I will come back to see the pics!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next