Any advice on how to protect my daughter's hair?

Go down

Any advice on how to protect my daughter's hair?

Post by miznissi on 15th August 2010, 7:15 pm

My daughter was one of those that lost her hair on the sides and in the middle back part of her head. At 22 months, it's finally starting to grow but she has another issue. Whenever she gets sleepy, frustrated, or when I finish styling her hair (YAY! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), she tends to go into a scratching frenzy. I don't care if it's braided or in little pigtails, it's going to get scratched out. I'm afraid she's never going to have any hair if she continues. Anyone else ever experience this and if so, how did you overcome it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
miznissi

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/miznissi

Back to top Go down

Re: Any advice on how to protect my daughter's hair?

Post by LearninToLove on 16th August 2010, 1:45 am

Aaaawwww! She's such a cutie!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sorry, to interrupt your thread seeing as I have no advice to give you. I just had to say that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LearninToLove

View user profile http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi on 16th August 2010, 2:55 am

LOL.....No biggie. Thanks much!
miznissi

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama on 29th August 2010, 3:36 am

My baby is the same age. She doesnt scratch her hair but she does get frustrated. I plan on buying her a baby doll with hair so she can comb it while I do hers.
LoveleeMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky-n-kurly on 28th October 2010, 2:58 am

Awwww she is soooo cauutee! I have had the same experiences with my daughter. Her edges fell out and she goes into a scratching frenzy when she gets sleepy also. Whenever I notice that she is starting to scratch ('scratch') and scratch ('scratch') and scratch ('scratch') some more I gently grab her hand and rub it in between mines. That seems to distract her enough to keep her hands out of her head. As for her edges, I have been trying to massage them twice a day with evoo and that has made a difference. Here is a comparison pic of her edges. I have also tried to stay away from the high pony tails like the ones in these pics.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

kinky-n-kurly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down