CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

+32
tresmom08
NaturallyDee*
MellowOne
tiffyd
chica rosa
KnottyKinkyMommy
chscott_77
Adina
WhosThatRedHead
bigsargewifey
cutiezphib
new-naturalle
DvaAuNaturel
TwistedKurlzz
Elasstikwaistlyne
pfarley
MzLaLaRochelle
Karameldiva1978
MissNaturalBeautii
SoulfulSista
tashafawn24
curlynattie10
LadyMika
mstokes2008
LaToya28
iri9109
NubieNatty
marhia
~JOME~
newcurlieque
missmoriah
CrissyQ
36 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

Post by LaToya28 4th June 2010, 11:05 am

marhia wrote:Latoya that style is cute girl

Thanks Marhia! I'm going to try to do a new style every week.

mstokes2008 wrote:
LaToya28 wrote:
mstokes2008 wrote:Congrats CurlyNattie!!!!!

@Latoya- Another cute style! Love it!!

Thanks! We're still waiting for your pics... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know, I can't post em til I get home this weekend unless my webcam on my computer decides to act right and take a decent picture lol

Ok, cool!

iri9109 wrote:cute hair latoya! how long did that take?

Thanks iri, I guess about 2 -2.5 hours. I wasn't really keeping track.

missmoriah wrote:Cute style latoya!

Hey ladies. I mentioned that I did an Amla treatment but i never said what the effect were....My hair feels noticeably thicker after one use. I will be using that stuff more often. Maybe every three weeks or so.

Thanks missmoriah! Where did you get your amla?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th June 2010, 11:55 am

I got it from the local indian store that had all the stuff I was so excited to find it Smile now i dont have to order online or search all over
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th June 2010, 5:11 pm

I made something, LOL. OK I used Peach flavored shea butter, EVOO, EVCO, CO, and this vitimin E oil that has Jojoba, sweet alomond, wheat germ, lemon, and rosemary in it. Too oily for my liking but I only made a little so I will use it until its gone. I also rub what was on my hands on my legs and arms (yeah I know), and i have a really nice shine.

I think I may have just used too much, it only takes a little. I am going to give it a couple of hours to see how much my hair absorbs it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 5th June 2010, 12:47 am

So I still don't have any stats for this month but I did finally twist my hair... (Yay for my first real style!!!) I don't like the back so there aren't any pictures of it lol.

Side...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Other side...

Top...

Today... (I was kinda feeling them lol)

I retwisted the front with KCCC and I love how soft yet secure they feel if that makes sense. I may be leaving my WnGs behind for awhile Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 5th June 2010, 2:11 pm

Very cute mstokes!! I love the beanie. Good job!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 5th June 2010, 3:17 pm

Thanks LaToya! I'm taking them out tomorrow since I didn't twist with any products.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 5th June 2010, 10:25 pm

Im a little late but here is my update

BC April 17th

May 7th

June 4th
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][img][/img]
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 12:35 am

Wow, you've had some good growth MissNB!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 3:14 am

Alright yall I spent last night and today doing my yarn braids. Had to keep stopping because of my 2 yr old but I managed to finish. I didn't do them all the same length because I wanted them to look like dreads. The last time I did them I did them much longer and they were so darn heavy but anywho here they are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 6th June 2010, 11:50 am

LaToya28 wrote:Wow, you've had some good growth MissNB!

Thanks!!
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 12:21 pm

Good job Marhia! They look so neat.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th June 2010, 12:58 pm

MissNaturalBeautii wrote:

Thanks!!

You know you have had good growthwhen you can rock a head band. You are lookin good
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th June 2010, 1:00 pm

marhia wrote:Alright yall I spent last night and today doing my yarn braids. Had to keep stopping because of my 2 yr old but I managed to finish. I didn't do them all the same length because I wanted them to look like dreads. The last time I did them I did them much longer and they were so darn heavy but anywho here they are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good job, how long are you going to keep them in? i am thinking about braids after july 4th, I am not sure yet. If they can give me a sew in then i will opt for that.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 1:16 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Good job Marhia! They look so neat.
Thanks hun. I love them
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th June 2010, 1:25 pm

marhia wrote:Alright yall I spent last night and today doing my yarn braids. Had to keep stopping because of my 2 yr old but I managed to finish. I didn't do them all the same length because I wanted them to look like dreads. The last time I did them I did them much longer and they were so darn heavy but anywho here they are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They look GREAT! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You picked a good color too! Plays really well with your skin tone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] How long will you keep them in for?
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 1:31 pm

LadyMika wrote:

They look GREAT! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You picked a good color too! Plays really well with your skin tone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] How long will you keep them in for?
Thank ya hun. The back of my head is actually black I wanted it to look like I died the front or something hahaha the hubs say I'm looking SEXY lol. But I don't know how long yet I'm going to play it by ear. My hair grows really fast in braids and the last time I had them I had to redo them at 3 weeks so we will see.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th June 2010, 1:36 pm

marhia wrote:
LadyMika wrote:

Thank ya hun. The back of my head is actually black I wanted it to look like I died the front or something hahaha the hubs say I'm looking SEXY lol. But I don't know how long yet I'm going to play it by ear. My hair grows really fast in braids and the last time I had them I had to redo them at 3 weeks so we will see.

Three weeks is a pretty long time to have these in, so if you can make it that long, you'll be good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 1:41 pm

LadyMika wrote:
marhia wrote:
LadyMika wrote:

Three weeks is a pretty long time to have these in, so if you can make it that long, you'll be good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The last time i kept them in for 2 mths just redoing the edges at the 3 week mark so it wouldn't be any added stress. I doubt if I keep for that long this time.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 6th June 2010, 2:26 pm

MissNaturalBeautii wrote:Im a little late but here is my update

BC April 17th

May 7th

June 4th
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][img][/img]

Your haird looks AWESOME!!! I'm coming on my first month natural as of June 14th and I'm so excited to see that in another month, I will have almost this much growth!! I'm inspired!! Boy, do I have some hair candy to rock with a 'fro! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Latoya and Marhia, do you have some YouTube videos? You all have some mad skillz and you can help out so many other TWAers. i.e. the style challenged, me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Between y'all Mahogany Curls and Bambiix (?), you all are changing the game of rockin your TWAs.

Crissy, do you mind if I post my pic on June 14th, my BC anniversary? I can't wait to see what a full month of growth will look like for me.

I have another thought and everyone can chime in if you agree or disagree. Would it be possible to keep our other thread and maybe change it every six months or so? I'm asking b/c there is really good information and pics that we could keep track of easily and the newcomers that will be looking for ideas, styles, and support could better find us by looking at TWA Challenge: Jan-June or June-December 2010 for example. We can just start each month off in that same thread by posting new pics. If we want to go back and look at our own progress or someone else's style we can go back to one or two threads.

Like I said, just a thought or suggestion. It seems a little easier when other hair boards have tracked it that way. Other than that, I'll be seein yall real soon w/pics and hopefully a new style!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 2:28 pm

I do have a youtube but I haven't made any style vids so i'm going to have to start doing that for the next time. You have given me some motivation. but my youtube is www.youtube.com/marhia07
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 6th June 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey Marhia! Your yarn braids look so neat! You did a great job on these! More pics, more pics!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 6th June 2010, 4:27 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
MissNaturalBeautii wrote:

Thanks!!

You know you have had good growthwhen you can rock a head band. You are lookin good

lol..thanks. To be honest, Im just to lazy to put twist all over my head. I am working on my braiding and twisting skills. They will be neat with a little more growth. Maybe in a month or two I will have enough growth to do something different. Until then, the head band it is.
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 6th June 2010, 4:33 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:Hey Marhia! Your yarn braids look so neat! You did a great job on these! More pics, more pics!
i'll take some more later lol
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 6th June 2010, 5:35 pm

HEY LADIES!!!! I trimmed my hair two days ago...IT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE! Yesterday I shampooed and DC'd my hair I applied my shea butter mix and my hair was feeling AMAZING. It was ridiculous! I twisted my hair up last night as well. I'm gonna attempt to leave it for the week. I am hoping to get in the habit of styling once for the week and leaving my hair alone. I want my hair to be healthy and grow and I feel as though the key to that is routine. So I am gonna give it a try. I want to do a diff style every week so i will be posting....Have a great day ladies. and wish me luck on this regimen!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 9:24 pm

Karameldiva,
I don't plan on doing any YT videos but I do post my pics here and on a couple other sites to help other ladies out. Thanks for the compliment though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next