CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

+32
tresmom08
NaturallyDee*
MellowOne
tiffyd
chica rosa
KnottyKinkyMommy
chscott_77
Adina
WhosThatRedHead
bigsargewifey
cutiezphib
new-naturalle
DvaAuNaturel
TwistedKurlzz
Elasstikwaistlyne
pfarley
MzLaLaRochelle
Karameldiva1978
MissNaturalBeautii
SoulfulSista
tashafawn24
curlynattie10
LadyMika
mstokes2008
LaToya28
iri9109
NubieNatty
marhia
~JOME~
newcurlieque
missmoriah
CrissyQ
36 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

TWA Growth Challenge Month 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: TWA Growth Challenge Month 2

Post by missmoriah 21st July 2010, 10:37 pm

Hey ladies Smile i just want to share with you a product that i bought and LOVE!!! well so far I love it and i only used it today I will come back and let you know if I still love it or not. It is the ELASTA QP Olive oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer. It made my hair so soft and light. I mean it feels like I have nothing in my hair. What I did was wash and condition my hair and then apply this stuff. Then I kinda let my hair air dry a little bit and then styled. I put two strand twists and flat twists(ill have a picture tomorrow). It set for like two or three hours then my curiosity came around and I had to unravel to see how it looked and felt and i was so AMAZED I truly love this stuff! No more shea butter for me. All of the ingredients arn't AMAZING but i am not going off of ingredients anymore I am going by how my hair looks and feels. If you are looking for a new product to try I recommend this one! Sorry for writing so much but i just had to share Smile
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 22nd July 2010, 2:03 am

Here is my twistout from the twists I been rocking. I sprayed my water, aloe vera juice, and rosemary oil mix on my hair and then applied Yes to tomatoes after

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd July 2010, 8:24 am

chica rosa wrote:Hey ya'll waz up?
@ newcurlique beautiful coils, your hair is growing really well.

@miss moriah, beautiful hair and makeup. What do you use for your wash and go, sorry if I missed it?
@ wow who'sthatredhead, patience is truly virtue. umm have to try some time...

Yes it is...Try it sometime. I like it cuz it's a new style I can add to my arsenal.

On a side note is anyone else besides me struggling with styles?? I know I gotta be patient but I know I'm limited with what I can do because of my length.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 22nd July 2010, 11:51 am

Wow ladies! Your hair is looking gorgeous! I've tried a few styles like flat twists and two strand twists, but dh hated the two strand twists and my hair is still too short for the flat twists. I have to come back and post my two month post bc pics--time is flying, but I AM SO BORED with my twa. I'm braiding it up for two months, so hopefully, after another inch of growth my styling options will expand.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 22nd July 2010, 11:56 am

missmoriah wrote:HEY LADIES HERE IS A WASH N GO FROM TODAY Smile

VERY, VERY NICE!! Can you tell me how you applied the Eco-Styler to achieve this style? Did you just apply it to freshly co-washed hair and finger style?

newcurlieque wrote:Hey ladies, I found my pics from when I did finger coils! Yaay I was mad cause I wanted to share them since they came out so good:

Coilout!

and here are my two strand twists i did this past saturday using Koils By Nature Herbal Soothing Gel:

I've been wearing them all week and I kinda like that fact that I don't have to worry about it so I will probably keep them in until this saturday and see what the twistout looks like.

This is beautiful!! Please tell me how you did the coils without any parts or spacing showing? I think that's why dh hated mine, but I don't how to do them any differently.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 22nd July 2010, 2:18 pm

marhia wrote:Here is my twistout from the twists I been rocking. I sprayed my water, aloe vera juice, and rosemary oil mix on my hair and then applied Yes to tomatoes after

Marhia! You're making me want to do twists if my twist-outs look like this!!! I haven't attempted to do twists yet because...um.....I'm lazy but this looks well worth it. Maybe I need to jump on this "Yes To..." business and try at least one of their products. Choices, choices!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 22nd July 2010, 2:20 pm

missmoriah wrote:Hey ladies Smile i just want to share with you a product that i bought and LOVE!!! well so far I love it and i only used it today I will come back and let you know if I still love it or not. It is the ELASTA QP Olive oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer. It made my hair so soft and light. I mean it feels like I have nothing in my hair. What I did was wash and condition my hair and then apply this stuff. Then I kinda let my hair air dry a little bit and then styled. I put two strand twists and flat twists(ill have a picture tomorrow). It set for like two or three hours then my curiosity came around and I had to unravel to see how it looked and felt and i was so AMAZED I truly love this stuff! No more shea butter for me. All of the ingredients arn't AMAZING but i am not going off of ingredients anymore I am going by how my hair looks and feels. If you are looking for a new product to try I recommend this one! Sorry for writing so much but i just had to share Smile

Share, share away missmoriah! That's what we're all here for! I love happening endings/discoveries Smile
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 22nd July 2010, 2:27 pm

newcurlieque wrote:Hey ladies, I found my pics from when I did finger coils! Yaay I was mad cause I wanted to share them since they came out so good:

Coilout!

and here are my two strand twists i did this past saturday using Koils By Nature Herbal Soothing Gel:

I've been wearing them all week and I kinda like that fact that I don't have to worry about it so I will probably keep them in until this saturday and see what the twistout looks like.

Newcurlique...when I did my coils they turned out looking like thick black noodles; I couldn't stand the way they were all over the place but your coils turned out really, really nice! I love the color of your hair as well! You're so beautiful!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd July 2010, 3:17 pm

ooohhh miss curlieque Those coils are gorgeous ur hair is growing! and I love that dress!! You look great!
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 22nd July 2010, 5:53 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:
marhia wrote:Here is my twistout from the twists I been rocking. I sprayed my water, aloe vera juice, and rosemary oil mix on my hair and then applied Yes to tomatoes after

Marhia! You're making me want to do twists if my twist-outs look like this!!! I haven't attempted to do twists yet because...um.....I'm lazy but this looks well worth it. Maybe I need to jump on this "Yes To..." business and try at least one of their products. Choices, choices!
at first i didn't like twists on my hair becuz my ends would look all bushy but when I twist of course i used my kckt and kccc and i had to pay attention to my ends. I also had to make them smaller instead of big twists and that's how I came out with it looking like that as well as the Yes 2 carrots and tomatoes.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd July 2010, 6:03 pm

Man.... I wish I could do twists [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All of your hair looks lovely!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 22nd July 2010, 8:28 pm

Jome - I have been using the pick too because it stretches my fro
MissMoriah - thanks for sharing, will try
Marhia - okay videos! Yours look so great.
Tasha - I'm with you, I am lazy with the twists & coils, it seems that I have to put into tiny tiny sections and I just don't have the time! I will wait until my hair grows longer or cheat and get my hair stylist to do it!
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 23rd July 2010, 10:45 am

Hey miss moriah, I am amazed that eco gel gives such fantastic result. WOW I have never tried the olive oil option, only the original. I will seriously consider it, it will be good to find something to use thats much cheaper than KCCC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 23rd July 2010, 11:59 am

Thanks Chica! yes it is growing YAAAYYY

Nattie no vid yet lol. I thought about doing one maybe the next time I do them I will. It definitely takes patience! My back and arms were killin me cause I was sitting on the floor in front of the mirror.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 23rd July 2010, 12:05 pm

Karameldiva1978 wrote:
missmoriah wrote:HEY LADIES HERE IS A WASH N GO FROM TODAY Smile

VERY, VERY NICE!! Can you tell me how you applied the Eco-Styler to achieve this style? Did you just apply it to freshly co-washed hair and finger style?

Coilout!

This is beautiful!! Please tell me how you did the coils without any parts or spacing showing? I think that's why dh hated mine, but I don't how to do them any differently.

The key is small sections. Take very small sections. Even when you do the coilout, I separated each coil into 4. And as I took them out I twirled them around my finger so they wouldn't lose the shape or get frizzy.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 23rd July 2010, 1:27 pm

Hey Chica, Yeah the results are great and its like 25 dollars cheaper. I definitely recommend it. I did a new protective style today I'm gonna come back later with a picture
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 23rd July 2010, 6:05 pm

Hey yall I know I post alot lol but I am just so excited about my natural hair!!! And you guys are so inspiring and beautiful so I feel like i have to do something to inspire as well.

S/N... so i said I was gonna show you my protective style so here it is Smile I kinda got the idea from WwestNDbeautyY on youtube. although her hair is much longer I still wanted to try and I LOVE the results!
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 24th July 2010, 12:57 am

that is pretty moriah
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 24th July 2010, 1:53 pm

Moriah.... that's hot!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 25th July 2010, 3:17 pm

@KaramelDiva, Hey chica sorry I must have missed your post. Usually I will co wash my hair then rinse that out and have my hair dripping wet. I will then rake it through with my fingers in medium sections. In the Wash n Go picture i posted I used my wide tooth shower comb instead of my fingers and i like the results of that better. You can tell a difference by my avatar pic and the pic i posted in here.

@mariha and redhead, Thanks ladies

As for an update on the style it is looking rough already I am gonna leave it in until tomorrow then i will unravel some of it and wear a fro hawk(i will post pics) for a couple days and then towards the end of the week i will just wear the twist out fro. Then I will wash deep condish and style again on friday!

I hope everyones weekend is going great!

p.s. Here is a comparison Pic! The first pic is a couple weeks after my BC and the second is from today. I could resist. I had to take down the style it was lookin rough and i didnt like the frohawk so i just did the hair band with hair thing!
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 27th July 2010, 11:07 pm

Just wanted to do a puff comparison...

May 20, 2010

July 27, 2010

tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th July 2010, 12:08 am

Hair growth...
BC March 22, 2010

Didn't take any pictures in April (Camera was broken)

May 28, 2010

June 14, 2010

July 16, 2010

And my puff today:July 27, 2010
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th July 2010, 12:27 am

missmoriah wrote:@KaramelDiva, Hey chica sorry I must have missed your post. Usually I will co wash my hair then rinse that out and have my hair dripping wet. I will then rake it through with my fingers in medium sections. In the Wash n Go picture i posted I used my wide tooth shower comb instead of my fingers and i like the results of that better. You can tell a difference by my avatar pic and the pic i posted in here.

@mariha and redhead, Thanks ladies

As for an update on the style it is looking rough already I am gonna leave it in until tomorrow then i will unravel some of it and wear a fro hawk(i will post pics) for a couple days and then towards the end of the week i will just wear the twist out fro. Then I will wash deep condish and style again on friday!

I hope everyones weekend is going great!

p.s. Here is a comparison Pic! The first pic is a couple weeks after my BC and the second is from today. I could resist. I had to take down the style it was lookin rough and i didnt like the frohawk so i just did the hair band with hair thing!

Wow Missmoriah! That's some really healthy growth you got there miss! How many months post bc are you?
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 28th July 2010, 12:35 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:Just wanted to do a puff comparison...

May 20, 2010

July 27, 2010

Your hair has grown so much and it looks great [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Lo 28th July 2010, 1:30 pm

I just BC'd on July 9th is it too late to join the challenge?
Natural Lo
Natural Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next