CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you Deep Condition on dry hair?

5 posters

Go down

Can you Deep Condition on dry hair? Empty Can you Deep Condition on dry hair?

Post by Brainiac 15th November 2010, 12:49 am

So today, I purchased MYHoneyChild Olive You Deep Conditioner that CurlyNikki raves about.

I had first went to CurlMart to try to purchase, they want $8 just fo shipping and they product is a dollar more, then I decided to order from the webiste, and my ass wine up paying 95 cents more. Im like damn, what's up all this high shipping on hair products. If I were to make a big purchase on CurlMart. for $10 dollars for shipping. And where I live the closes Target is a 30-35 minutes away.

What is going on with all this high shipping?

Anyway, I wash my hair today and i used my new deman brush. I like it. I did get alot of shedding though, but it aint no different from what Kimmaytube gets. So I wasnt trippin. I aslo followed her step by step shampoo and conditioner process. My ass needs to work on spending less time in the shower to conserve water and rhat water bill. I was so ashy as I dont know what when I got out.

But the my the detangling was easy. I have now medium two-stand twist.

I was thinking of using the deep conditioner which I'm anxous to try on my dry hair and then put a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 25 minutes.

What do yall think?

I think the key to growing out hair is:
-Heathly diet - rich in vitamin a, b, c , d, and e.
-Cleaning a clean scalp.
-Conditioning. Conditioning. Conditioning.
-Detangle Process. I say this because the oils you naturally produce or oiling the scalp helps with disturbtion.
-Deep Conditioner
-Leave-In Conditoner
-Mositure - sealing the ends
-Stretch Styles - Braids, Twist, Banto Knots, etc.
-Protective Styling - bunning
-Faith and Belief

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Can you Deep Condition on dry hair? Empty Re: Can you Deep Condition on dry hair?

Post by C. 15th November 2010, 12:54 am

i think you could DC on dry hair. I tried it once and I had to *lightly* mist my hair wiith some water to help distribute it (wasnt tryna use a whole bottle at once) and it worked the same as doing it on wet hair.

C.

Back to top Go down

Can you Deep Condition on dry hair? Empty Re: Can you Deep Condition on dry hair?

Post by Brainiac 15th November 2010, 12:55 am

ok thanks, I will definitely spritz with a lot water then.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 15th November 2010, 12:58 am

you dont have too spritz a lot of water, just enough to evenly apply the product thru your hair

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 15th November 2010, 1:03 am

I did it today and I liked the results. I think it helps because your hair absorbs more of the nutrients in the conditioner rather than absorbing more water. I plan on doing it more often.

Also, I hear you on the shipping- most products I don't buy b/c I don't want to pay $13-14 on a product and THEN pay shipping on top of that. No thanks!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 15th November 2010, 6:23 am

yes u can, i dc on try hair all the time. i see better results on doing it on dry hair vs wet

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 15th November 2010, 12:24 pm

I love to do that. What I do is on wash day while my hair is dry, I will detangle my hair with conditioner/deep conditioner of choice and put into braids, let that sit for 30 minutes or however long I can afford to let it sit and then go on with my process of washing,etc. with the braids still in and sometimes I do deep condition after I finish the whole process. Again depends on time, I have a 3 year old little girl... Very Happy It's almost like pre pooing but using conditoner instead of mainly oils..I love doing it..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down