CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another option for twist-outs?

4 posters

Go down

Another option for twist-outs? Empty Another option for twist-outs?

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 12:49 pm

Ok, so I've been doing my twist-outs with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and I love the definition that I get from it. The smell, however, leaves much to be desired.

But another issue I'm having is the residue from the pudding itself when I unravel my twists. This morning my mom was helping me and she was like "you have some lint in your hair" and I was like no I must have used too much product.

So I don't know if maybe I use too much--I sort of saturate each section before twisting after co-washing--or if maybe its the product itself. Has anyone else had that issue?

Also, are there other (less expensive!) products out there that are great for twist-outs? I'd love to hear some suggestions! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Another option for twist-outs? Empty Re: Another option for twist-outs?

Post by labon10 20th May 2010, 2:19 pm

I use a mix of shea and coco butter, coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil and macademia nut oil.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 2:48 pm

I had the same problem....one reason I gave my MJ's Baby Buttercream away. It gives great definition and shine but on about day 3 or 4 my hair felt icky. And because it has mineral oil in it, you will to use a sulfate shampoo to remove it from your hair.

I would recommend BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I got great results with it. I'm currently out of it but when I repurchase it, I will get the Luscious Moisturizer too. I was told if you use the moisturizer with the curly butter it gives even better results.

www.beemineproducts.com They sale sample sizes too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks ladies! @Lynnieluve--I just ordered the BeeMine luscious moisturizer last week, guess I should have gotten the curly butter too, lol.

But I've also heard of some women who use the Eco Styler olive oil gel for their twist-outs with great results, I currently have some and I just mainly use it on my edges, but and considering trying that out since I already have it.

I kind of want my $38 dollars back now from Target, lol. But oh well. Maybe I could do product swap on here if anyone wants it. I don't know.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 3:49 pm

I recently made a batch of Eco custard. Used it for the first time this week. It looks like I'm gonna have a great twist out. I wear my twist for 5 days before I do my twist out. The custard is 1/2 cup of Ecostyler Olive oil gel, 1 tblsp of EVOO, 1 tblsp of castor oil and 1 tblsp of avocado oil. So far I love it. It reminds me of ORS lock and twist gel
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 4:42 pm

Yeah I saw on another post someone had put that. Where could I get those oils? Would Whole Foods have them? EVOO I know I can get anywhere, but what about the Castor and avocado oils?
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 5:41 pm

There isnt a Whole Foods here but from what I hear from other curlies, I'm pretty sure you could find them both there.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 20th May 2010, 6:27 pm

Yea I'm gonna plan a trip to one on Saturday.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by V'Tor 21st May 2010, 2:24 pm

@Lynnieluve- does castor oil have a strong smell? I saw tha t you use it in your Eco custard
V'Tor
V'Tor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 2:25 pm

V'Tor wrote:@Lynnieluve- does castor oil have a strong smell? I saw tha t you use it in your Eco custard

No, the regular castor oil doesnt have a smell. I've heard the jamaican black castor oil has a strong smell.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down