CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs

5 posters

Go down

Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs Empty Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs

Post by adamseve 26th May 2010, 4:17 am

Hi there,

I finally found the products that combat frizz and crunchiness for my transitioning styles. My problem now is that my knots & twists are too soft so they don't hold the style long.

Here's what I do in order of application:

1. Olive Oil Application before co-wash or conditioner if it's poo time.
2. Condition w/ Suave Tropical Coconut
3. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner
4. Darcy's Botanicals Coconut & Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
6. Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
7. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter (seal)

I comb / brush the last two items through my hair & then I proceed to creating the style, i.e., 2 strand twists or bantu knots. The twists are so soft that they don't hold the shape once I undo.

Any suggestions on a product that would provide me with better hold yet still leave my hair luscious & shiny?
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs Empty Re: Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs

Post by lechatnoir324 26th May 2010, 11:42 am

I have just tried Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly for my twists/twist outs. When my hair is in the twists my hair has some richness to it. It has some good hold to it as well once you take the twists down. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lechatnoir324
lechatnoir324

Back to top Go down

Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs Empty Re: Need Strong Hold for Bantu Knot Outs & Twist Outs

Post by curlybarbi48 26th May 2010, 12:28 pm

Hi Adamseve,

It sounds like you have too much going on. The products may be making your hair too soft. I know that when my hair is too soft, it won't hold a style. Maybe try to take away one or two of those products, and add some type of locing gel (I use Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc Gel) and see if that helps.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 1:12 am

curlybarbi48 wrote:Hi Adamseve,

It sounds like you have too much going on. The products may be making your hair too soft. I know that when my hair is too soft, it won't hold a style. Maybe try to take away one or two of those products, and add some type of locing gel (I use Jamaican Mango and Lime Loc Gel) and see if that helps.
Yes, I agree. I would suggest removing either the creme or milk. You can try a mix of eco styler gel and oils. Another suggestion is Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adamseve 28th May 2010, 2:27 am

Thanks everyone for the tips. I believe you're right about using too much product. I'll try the styles that require more hold without one or more of the products & keep you posted.

Thanks again!!!
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Post by adamseve 28th May 2010, 2:30 am

BTW, I am no longer using the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner due to the poor reviews I've found. I know it works well for others, but I really want to stay away from any cones.

Second, I'm not using the Shea Moisture either. The Darcy's Botanicals seem to be working better for me along with coconut oil as the sealant.
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 23rd June 2010, 12:01 pm

where can i buy the Darcy products or transitioning creme that you speak of?

i hope to achieve hair like this soon!!<---------
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th June 2010, 1:13 pm

jadore04 wrote:where can i buy the Darcy products or transitioning creme that you speak of?

i hope to achieve hair like this soon!!<---------
You can purchase them online from the Darcy's site or Curlmart.com.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down