CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work hat is hurting my curls!

3 posters

Go down

Work hat is hurting my curls! Empty Work hat is hurting my curls!

Post by Curly_Star_19 19th May 2010, 6:57 pm

So I've been transitioning for 6 months and I love to wear twist-outs and braid-outs the sad part about that is I work 5 days a week at a resturant (Zaxby's) where I am required to wear a hat. This always lays my curls flat and just makes me look silly. Is there a way I can rock my natrual hair at work and still look cute...hat and all?
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Work hat is hurting my curls! Empty Re: Work hat is hurting my curls!

Post by Treece 19th May 2010, 10:26 pm

The only thing I can think of would be to loosen the cap up a bit, without risking it falling into customer's food lol. That might be a risk you don't want to take. If possible, just twist your hair up before bed?

Sorry Im not much of a help I seem lol.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaBee 21st May 2010, 12:08 am

Hey Curly Star 19 I have the same exact problem. i work in a restaurant too and have to wear a hat and as I'm walking home I know my head looks a hot mess after taking that hat off. its hard trying to keep my styles so i'll put my hat on a bit looser. But now what i've tried is leaving my hair in my protective style (bantu knots as of lately) under my hat and once I get off i'll take them out. Now I know low manipulation is the key so try and schedule doing your protective styles around when you know your trying to go out somewhere. Usually i do my hair the night before I know I'm going out and then even tho my hair is still mostly straight (only 2 months in) and the curls fall pretty quickly I'll go at least a day or 2 with some not-so- in place hair to give it a break.

HTH and if you find a better way.... sharing is caring! LOL
DivaBee
DivaBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down