CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you buy in May 2010?

+30
Peachtree
Sequoia
CurlsGalore
Born2BeMe
Nessa101
xoxo
nikismiles
lena73
Free2Be
snappynappy
Neems
jlowman1
Karyn
Curly_Aquarius
pdarden
lucky7
Karameldiva1978
Lynnieluve
BekkaPoo
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
TMS
LadyMika
Poundcake921
CocaColaCutie
cutie_curli
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
LaToya28
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you buy in May 2010? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you buy in May 2010?

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th May 2010, 12:33 pm

It's my turn already???

Veggie Glycerin
peppermint Oil
HHHH (30% more free bottle sucked me in)
More Giovanni Tea tree
wide tooth comb
headbands
hair clips
flowers to make flower hair clips
sequin head wrap
fitted satin cap
plastic caps (more) for dc
rubber bands (clear & black)
olive oil (for the rubberbands)
GF Surf Hair
GF Sleek and Shine leave in
YTCC condish
All hits...for now
and still looking......

Last edited by Curly_Aquarius on 19th May 2010, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 19th May 2010, 2:04 pm

...and May is not yet over... just left the salon and one of the naturalist stylist is swearing by uncle funky's.....
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 19th May 2010, 2:19 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I'm saving... there's a spot home in Brooklyn that sells Qhemet, so.....

And I'm supposed to be saving for CLOTHES!!!! I'm a mess!

Where at?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th May 2010, 2:20 pm

Let's see...

Vegetable Glycerin
Peppermint Essential Oil
Sage Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner
KBB Hair Milk in Creamy Coco Mango
Afroveda's Sunsilk Citrus Hair Oil
1lb Unrefined Shea Butter from BnB
15 elastic headbands
MJ Baby Buttercreme (Sample)
MJ Curly Pudding (Sample)
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine

Im done for this month, IM BROKE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 19th May 2010, 3:05 pm

Hmm, now that I think of it, I haven't bought anything hair related yet. I've bought clothes, food and photo supplies though.

I keep meaning to buy oyin, qhemet, darcy's, or one of the product everyone raves about but I just can't decide. I'm so indecisive when it comes onto to hair products. I'm good on coconut oil, vitamin e oil, shea butter and conditioner for now. I do need some sulfate free, non-drying shampoo though. Co-washing isn't getting rid of buildup.

Any suggestions????
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 19th May 2010, 10:57 pm

Neems wrote:Hmm, now that I think of it, I haven't bought anything hair related yet. I've bought clothes, food and photo supplies though.

I keep meaning to buy oyin, qhemet, darcy's, or one of the product everyone raves about but I just can't decide. I'm so indecisive when it comes onto to hair products. I'm good on coconut oil, vitamin e oil, shea butter and conditioner for now. I do need some sulfate free, non-drying shampoo though. Co-washing isn't getting rid of buildup.

Any suggestions????

Elucence Volume Clarifying shampoo is wonderful. You can order it from curlmart...a liter for $12.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 20th May 2010, 6:08 pm

i forgot the headbands that i bought.... spent way too much money on hair stuff this month.
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 22nd May 2010, 4:28 pm

LadyMika wrote:Let's see...

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly (for the Aloe Grow, so I haven't opened it yet.)
Giovanni Direct SAS and 50/50 conditioners
Essential oils (Sage, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Peppermint)
Carrier oils (Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Castor)
Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil (I bought more so I can figure out what oils make it work so I can hack it.)
Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner (hopeful replacement for the Giovannni 50/50)

Hits:
--Giovanni Direct SAS. I've actually been using this for a few weeks as a DC, and I love it. I like what it does by itself, but I mix it with coconut oil, honey and some peppermint oil.
--Rosemary essential oil: This stuff, is THE BUSINESS. I love the smell of Rosemary: the tea, I have a Rosemary PLANT in my apartment, and the oil smells very nice. Like a semi-sweet smell. Not the same as ACTUAL roses, it's not as strong. Plays nice with Lavender, Sage, and Eucalyptus. Not sure about Clary Sage though (which smells more like a deep merlot (red wine)).
--Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil. I don't want to call this a "hit", because you CAN get other "growth aids" like it (Wild Grow or a homemade concoction) but it's not a "miss" either. It does what it's supposed to, but I KNOW that a homemade oil mix can assist in growth. Therefore, the hacking will begin once I get the NECESSARY ingredients (the ones that make the product work) together.

Misses:
--Giovanni Direct 50/50. More like 0/0 as in, it didn't do ANYTHING to my hair. I like that it's pH balanced, but I've used Nature's Gate conditioners (also pH balanced) and actually got something out of it. I didn't get ANYTHING from the Giovanni 50/50. It actually DRIES my hair out a little. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So I'll be giving it to a co-worker, who is relaxed.

That's about it. Unless I'm forgetting something...which I don't think so. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suspect Shocked Suspect

I see.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 22nd May 2010, 5:30 pm

snappynappy wrote:

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly (for the Aloe Grow, so I haven't opened it yet.)
Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil (I bought more so I can figure out what oils make it work so I can hack it.)

Hits:
--Giovanni Direct SAS. I've actually been using this for a few weeks as a DC, and I love it. I like what it does by itself, but I mix it with coconut oil, honey and some peppermint oil.
--Rosemary essential oil: This stuff, is THE BUSINESS. I love the smell of Rosemary: the tea, I have a Rosemary PLANT in my apartment, and the oil smells very nice. Like a semi-sweet smell. Not the same as ACTUAL roses, it's not as strong. Plays nice with Lavender, Sage, and Eucalyptus. Not sure about Clary Sage though (which smells more like a deep merlot (red wine)).
--Alikay Naturals Essential 17 Growth Oil. I don't want to call this a "hit", because you CAN get other "growth aids" like it (Wild Grow or a homemade concoction) but it's not a "miss" either. It does what it's supposed to, but I KNOW that a homemade oil mix can assist in growth. Therefore, the hacking will begin once I get the NECESSARY ingredients (the ones that make the product work) together.

Misses:
--Giovanni Direct 50/50. More like 0/0 as in, it didn't do ANYTHING to my hair. I like that it's pH balanced, but I've used Nature's Gate conditioners (also pH balanced) and actually got something out of it. I didn't get ANYTHING from the Giovanni 50/50. It actually DRIES my hair out a little. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So I'll be giving it to a co-worker, who is relaxed.

That's about it. Unless I'm forgetting something...which I don't think so. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suspect Shocked Suspect

I see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hey now, I'm actually USING stuff before I buy MORE. Besides. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Where have YOU been, and where's YOUR list?? Don't be tryin' to hide! I'm WATCHING you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 22nd May 2010, 10:53 pm

I purchased:

Unrefined shea butter from Butters-N-Bars
Lemongrass EO
Orange EO
Lavender EO
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Hugo Naturals Lemon Verbena Shampoo
Hugo Naturals Vanilla and Sweet Orange Conditioner
HH Totally Twisted Shampoo and Conditioner and HH Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner ($2.50/bottle at Target a few weeks ago)
Wide tooth comb and rat tail comb

Everything is working well, but I am not impressed with the Hugo Naturals Conditioner...it's too thin or something. I feel like I have to use a lot for my hair to "feel" conditioned. It DOES say on the bottle that it is a "light" or "lightweight" conditioner, but I expected something different. Smells good, though.

Loving the Eco Styler and Miss Jessie's. It took me all month to figure MJ out, but I've got it working now...the difference is the application of shea butter FIRST (before MJ AND Eco Styler gel)...this prevents crunchy hair.

I get paid Tuesday and my list is long/expensive:

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream and Curly Meringue (I think)
Kinky Curly Line
Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
Mixed Chicks Line

I also want to explore some of the other HH conditioners. I was trying to do the 100% natural product thing, but it just wasn't working for me and I tried so many products this past year that I was open to exploring other options. I feel guilty, but I need to do what works for my hair.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 23rd May 2010, 12:19 am

im just about cured...

Aussie Moist condish - im running out and Target had it on sale.
Care Free Curl - curl activator. (i still do not like the spray top [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

im only going to buy what i run out of.
butttttt im going to baltimore next saturday and Oyin is calling me.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 23rd May 2010, 12:39 am

@ladymika: your hair is 'popping' lol i like it Smile

so far i brought:
organixs coconut shampoo
HE hello hydration (how could i NOT try this?!?!)
aussie hair insurance leave in

hits: organixs shampoo, i've only used it once but i like it so far the smell is amazing

maybe a miss?:
hello hydration. no, no, and again no. my relaxed ends hate this product, so i ended up having to mix it with my nearly empty bottle of suave conditioner. i'm not giving up on this product though. i'm going to start using ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner because my ends are sooo damaged. i'll go HEHH another go when i'm fully natural.

aussie hair insuarance leave-in: um.... idk what this is supposed to do. i brought it just cause the bottle said 'leave-in' lol i'm going to continue to use it because i love the smell and i spent good money on it!

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 23rd May 2010, 12:57 am

Suave Coconut conditioner- still testing? The first time I used it - it left my hair feeling freshly shampooed.
Trader Joes nourish spa- Hit! (needed to add oils though)
Lutrasilks Aloe Vera Cholesterol- Hit! Used it before when transitioning, and still had some left. Will be using as a mini moisturizing DC.
HE LTR conditioner- Hit! I never liked it for my relaxed hair, and had more than half a bottle left so I decided to try it and surprisingly it worked. I plan on trying the HE moisturizing conditioner next.
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 23rd May 2010, 1:41 am

nikismiles wrote:@ladymika: your hair is 'popping' lol i like it Smile

so far i brought:
organixs coconut shampoo

hits: organixs shampoo, i've only used it once but i like it so far the smell is amazing

maybe a miss?:
hello hydration. no, no, and again no. my relaxed ends hate this product, so i ended up having to mix it with my nearly empty bottle of suave conditioner. i'm not giving up on this product though. i'm going to start using ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner because my ends are sooo damaged. i'll go HEHH another go when i'm fully natural.

aussie hair insuarance leave-in: um.... idk what this is supposed to do. i brought it just cause the bottle said 'leave-in' lol i'm going to continue to use it because i love the smell and i spent good money on it!

Hey, another 16 year old [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

napREALness wrote:Suave Coconut conditioner- still testing? The first time I used it - it left my hair feeling freshly shampooed.
Trader Joes nourish spa- Hit! (needed to add oils though)
Lutrasilks Aloe Vera Cholesterol- Hit! Used it before when transitioning, and still had some left. Will be using as a mini moisturizing DC.
HE LTR conditioner- Hit! I never liked it for my relaxed hair, and had more than half a bottle left so I decided to try it and surprisingly it worked. I plan on trying the HE moisturizing conditioner next.

Brooklynnnnnn! hahaha. I like TJ's Nourish Spa Conditioner too
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 24th May 2010, 4:28 pm

LadyMika wrote:
snappynappy wrote:

Hits:

Misses:

Suspect Shocked Suspect

I see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hey now, I'm actually USING stuff before I buy MORE. Besides. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Where have YOU been, and where's YOUR list?? Don't be tryin' to hide! I'm WATCHING you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've been busy graduating..and using up stuff. I will admit I bought a Renpure poo/conditioner set for 6.99 cuz it was on sale. That is all.

I'm still gonna Suspect you. Coming up in here with that list. Suspect
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 24th May 2010, 11:01 pm

Karyn wrote:
nikismiles wrote:@ladymika: your hair is 'popping' lol i like it Smile

so far i brought:
organixs coconut shampoo

maybe a miss?:

Hey, another 16 year old [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hi there [url=http://www.mysmiley.net][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today I brought:
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, omg this made my hair soooo soft! love it, definitely a keeper Smile
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner, haven't had a chance to use it yet
and some gel from Herbal Essences, no feelings on this yet

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 24th May 2010, 11:22 pm

Bought some flowers for my hair. I'm afraid i'm obsessed.
Rubber bands
Coconut oil
that's it
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 25th May 2010, 2:09 am

Let's see:
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel
Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave-In
Oyin Sample pack (Shine and Define/Whipped Pudding)
AfroVeda Pur Whipped Gelly
Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
EVCO
EVOO
Grapeseed Oil
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 27th May 2010, 7:08 am

Jamila Henna
Muktar Henna
Hair clips
Pick comb
Shower comb (Jilbere, LOVE IT!)
Desert Essence Organics Coconut Conditioner

Hits:
DEOCC: Excellent slip, thick and creamy cosistency, and smells yummy! Great moisturizing condish for prepoo, regular condish, or deep condish. Works great and I bought 3 more for $ 5.12/each.

Shower comb: This may replace my denman! Easy detangling tool and removes shed hairs better, IMO.

Misses:
None
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 27th May 2010, 2:47 pm

CurlsGalore...I have heard someone say how great the slip is from that conditioner as well. Where did you purchase it? I may have to give it a try bc I find that neither (Giovanni 50/50 Balanced and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) of the conditioners I have been using has good slip. Btw what is your hair type? I just try to stick with products that 4b/4a people recommend that way my expectations can be more realistic since that is my hair type as well.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 27th May 2010, 5:13 pm

Born2BeMe wrote:CurlsGalore...I have heard someone say how great the slip is from that conditioner as well. Where did you purchase it? I may have to give it a try bc I find that neither (Giovanni 50/50 Balanced and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) of the conditioners I have been using has good slip. Btw what is your hair type? I just try to stick with products that 4b/4a people recommend that way my expectations can be more realistic since that is my hair type as well.

I really love that conditioner. I ordered it online from LuckyVitamin.com. They were $5.12 a bottle when you buy three or more. It's smells so good and the slip is awesome! As for hair type, I'm not really sure. I have S shaped curls and O shaped curls. My hair is loose on top, in the back, and tight curls around my edges. It's hard to say with different textures. Here is my hair freshly washed. Do you have a similar pattern?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 28th May 2010, 12:04 am

I think your texture and curl pattern look similar to mine. I'm gonna give that conditioner a try. I have seen it at Whole Foods and Vitamin Shoppe. Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 30th May 2010, 5:08 pm

ORS Replenishing Conditioner
Conair blowdryer
2 EZ-combs
Goody Spin Pins

Hits: ORS Replenishing conditioner! It has just the right amount of protein to keep my hair strong [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Misses: None
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 30th May 2010, 5:58 pm

Snap on magnetic rollers and perm rods.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 30th May 2010, 7:17 pm

More in May....

Hair candy
Shea butter Bought some was donated some (Thanks Makeup Vixen Very Happy)
Coconut Oil
Avocado Essential Oil
Castor Oil
EVOO
YTCC (To give to my newly natural cousin)
dance
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next