CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchy Scalp with KT or KCCC?

3 posters

Go down

Itchy Scalp with KT or KCCC? Empty Itchy Scalp with KT or KCCC?

Post by Russianjoy 13th May 2010, 2:51 pm

Has anyone noticed having an itchy scalp with these products?

I bought two jars of each...lol I have tried twice and my scalp felt HELLA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] dry and itched like crazy until I washed it out. The first time, I thought I'd used too much KCCC and not enough KT, my hair was sticky. Second time, used a lot of KT and minimal KCCC, soft, shiny hair, felt a little dry though...scalp was insanely itchy! Wonder if it's just me!

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Itchy Scalp with KT or KCCC? Empty Re: Itchy Scalp with KT or KCCC?

Post by sunbaby 14th May 2010, 12:24 pm

Hi Russianjoy,

Yes, I have had this experience. There may be a couple of factors. First, the Kinky Curly products don't play well with oil based products. It may also be the shampoo and conditioner you are using. My scalp itched like crazy when I attempted to use the KCKT and KCCC after shampoo and conditioning with Ms. Jessies's Best Darn poo and condish, also tried Hair Rules daily cleanser and quench condish. After trial and error, I also discovered that my hair is not a big fan of gels so I ditched the KCCC. Lately, I have returned to using Aveda Damage Remedy poo and condish once a week. Co-wash at least 2x/week with HEHH. With this combination of poo and conditioners, I am able to use the KCKT as a leave-in with Curls Souffle. My scalp is not irritated and I do not have to moisurize until just befor bedtime.

Hope some of this info helps you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 14th May 2010, 2:03 pm

Sunbaby- I washed with Come Clean both times, then followed with KT and KCCC. I'll keep experimenting but I bet it's the KCCC. I've never been a fan of gels due to the crunch factor but I've never had the itchies before. Thanks.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 14th May 2010, 4:24 pm

Russianjoy,

You're probably right about the KCCC. Maybe you can try some other combinations with the KCKT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 19th May 2010, 12:33 am

I too have the itchies. My scalp is itching right as I type. I love the finished look for my twists, but my scalp is screaming. I also used the Come Clean and the KT. I will make a spritz soon and concentrate on my scalp.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 19th May 2010, 10:00 am

Coilykinks- I used the same products a few days ago. This time, I used come clean, KT (as a detangler) and rinsed it out. Then, I used Giovanni Leave in (a HG product for me) and the KCCC to leave in. No itchies! So........it seems that I can't use KT as a leave in product..only to detangle.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 19th May 2010, 11:41 pm

ok-maybe I will try that.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down