CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 9:06 am

Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Muz wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:thanks KNH, MUZ told me to change it!! So I took her advice KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_smile

yes, I had nothing to do with the taking of the picture, or the styling of the hair, but I AM taking credit for the avatar KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_razz

and awww man, that Bee Mine has to be ordered online? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_sad Well that's unfortunate. Oh well. . .

Hey Muz...

You can't order online?

No, not really. Plus, when you order stuff online it's more expensive than it otherwise would be because you have to pay for shipping 9 times out of 10. So I'll have to pass on it, but I'm hoping I'll like this Shea Moisture shampoo I bought the other day from Target Smile The ingredients look good, so I'm optimistic

oh...I understand. Next time I place an order I'll see if I can get another sample and I'll send it to you. I didn't buy the bar I'm using...it was a sample that she sent me when I ordered the curly butter.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 9:14 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I don't know whether to shake my head or smile. And I thought I was a PJ... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Lol I think you have us all beat now. Well, except maybe Blondie.

And thanks for further contributing to my PJism as well. You know Uncle Funky's in not that far from my house. It wouldn't take but a hop skin and a jump for me to snatch up some of that magic. Lol.

But I shall resist the urge... for now.

BTW, your twistout looks awesome! I think this is your best on to date.

P.S. Do they have those T-shirts in stock in the store? Last time I went, I didn't see em, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

Hey JnB....

No, no...girl you remember seeing KT's file cabinet. I don't have THAT much stuff!!! lol! But you are right I am a PJ 4real!! You are that close to UFD...I would so be over there!! I have to plan my visits because the shop in close to my job, but no where near my house!

I agree that was the best twist out I've every done, and did you notice that I didn't use a clip or a head band at all. Yeah me!!! LOL

The shirts were in stock...you have to go to the boutique next door to the salon. Let me warn you before you go in there...they have some awesome clothes, jewerly and other products that will bring out your inner PJ 4real. They had some real nice earrings, but I resisted the calling....don't know how I did that...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 9:19 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I am loving your twist out results!! I am so glad you found your staples for the twists. I love the t-shirt purchases too. Very Happy

Thanks IB

I am glad I have found my staple product for twists as well...if you remember my inability to do twists is what threw me into braids in April. So you know this is was a happy day for me!!!

BrownSkinDiva wrote:hey KNH girl *in my wendy williams voice* how YOU doing?

Hey BSD....

Girl I got lost yesterday and didn't make it by, but I'm coming over for lunch today...see yah about noon!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 9:25 am

Serenity23 wrote:Your twistout looks great! I just clicked on the link of the teeshirts and I really want the "I Love My Afro" tee. I haven't tried any of this product line, but have a friend in Houston who has some of them. I think I've mentally set a product buying freeze. I only use products I can buy in the drugstores now. They seem to do the trick for me and they are cheap..

Thanks Serenity...and that means a lot coming from you. I was inspired by your mini twist out this past weekend...I just love you hair. So I really thought about what I could use that would give me a nice twist out. I love KBN...but UFD combo really works best for my hair!!

I am going to set a product buying freeze starting in July...in fact my goal is to save from July 1st to September 1st the amount of money I've spent on products since I've gone natural. I will only replace stuff like conditioners as needed and oils such as EVCO and EVOO. I will not I mean will NOT purchase anything!!! This will be such a challenge but I'm going to do it!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 9:36 am

TGIF run

I know its Thursday, but its my Friday because I'm off tomorrow. woot!

I just want to say thanks for the love yesterday. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was so frustrated in February because I couldn't to twists and that sent me to braids for 2 months. I mean I just couldn't master the technique. Everyone provided tips, suggestions and oooops even sent me a link that contained instructions, but I just could not do twists no matter what product I used, wet or dry hair...it just didn't work. So yesterday was a great hair day for me. I did big twist last night so well see what today holds.

I will be taking picture no matter what today because tomorrow I will be going to a natural hair stylist to get Penny all twisted up. I will be going out of town on the 15th with my son and the church drill team, and I need a style that requires no maintenance. So this means that Penny will be all twisted up for at least 2 to 3 weeks. Not to excited about this because I'm having so much fun styling, but I'll take the twists out after my birthday...which is **drum roll** JUNE 25th....it's my birthday, happy birthday... (don't pay me no mind...I do a birthday count down every year)

So....I'll check back around lunch time; need to run the shower for some steam so I can wake up these curls!!

Miracles and Blessings Ladies...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd June 2010, 11:03 am

Hey KNH, your results were absolutely amazing! I've heard good things about the Extra butter, but I'll resist the pj urge for now. I love those shirts though! Have a great day.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 11:58 am

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH, your results were absolutely amazing! I've heard good things about the Extra butter, but I'll resist the pj urge for now. I love those shirts though! Have a great day.

Thank LaToya...

Gurl...that Extra Butter is the business for real!!!

Enjoy your day as well!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd June 2010, 12:04 pm

KNH- Thank you for my surprise and my vanilla styling cream!! You are sweetie!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd June 2010, 12:09 pm

Good morning, hey i am off tomorrow too, lets hook up for lunch. LOL.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 12:13 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Muz wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Muz wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:thanks KNH, MUZ told me to change it!! So I took her advice KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_smile

yes, I had nothing to do with the taking of the picture, or the styling of the hair, but I AM taking credit for the avatar KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_razz

and awww man, that Bee Mine has to be ordered online? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_sad Well that's unfortunate. Oh well. . .

Hey Muz...

You can't order online?

No, not really. Plus, when you order stuff online it's more expensive than it otherwise would be because you have to pay for shipping 9 times out of 10. So I'll have to pass on it, but I'm hoping I'll like this Shea Moisture shampoo I bought the other day from Target Smile The ingredients look good, so I'm optimistic

oh...I understand. Next time I place an order I'll see if I can get another sample and I'll send it to you. I didn't buy the bar I'm using...it was a sample that she sent me when I ordered the curly butter.

Awww, thanks Smile And again your hair looks awesome!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 12:24 pm

Okay...I must say this I LOVE UFD PRODUCTS!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 617583

Last night I re-twisted into about 20 or less big twists..and this morning and I was like what is going on...Lynn said this would work KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_scratch So I jumped in the shower and did my morning routine and let the steam do it's thing. Well...when I got out of the shower Penny was so soft and as I begin to fluff all you could see were curls all over the place.

It's like a curly fro...so I know what to do for National Fro Day (July 4th) Anyway..I used UFD Thristy Curls and all I can say is their product do what they say they will do....see below:

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Thirsty_curls

Thirsty Curls Ingredients:
Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract
Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract

Thirsty Curls Description:
Tame your curls gone wild with our lightweight curl revitalizing mist. Hydrates, conditions and preserves moisture in frizzy, fallen curls. Revives the bounce in curls without rewashing. Great for post-gym and 2nd day curl refreshening. Easy fine-mist spray is perfect for curlies on the go. Use before Extra Butter to hydrate strands and increase moisture. Excellent as a 2nd day refresher to eliminate the need to shampoo and re-apply Curly Magic

Pictures of course......

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Anim_1074d021-38f4-c734-9580-deb0619611a8

I added one picture from yesterday cause that was my best hair style ever!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 12:26 pm

NylaCoils wrote:KNH- Thank you for my surprise and my vanilla styling cream!! You are sweetie!

You are so welcome...I'm sorry it took me over a week to send it. Enjoy....let me know how that other cream works. I couldn't figure it out!!! LOL

((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 12:28 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey KNH! Is it hot enough for ya! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

Hey CurlyA

This heat is unbelievable, and to top that off I've gotten my light bill for May and it is just as HOT as the weather!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_evil

Thanks for stopping by!!
Girl don't mention bills, All my providers have lost their minds!, the electric companies here in Texas know it is hot they need to start giving discounts.

Discount...what's that? You heard that our water bills will be going up by 30% starting this month!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_eek Dang I wonder what they are adding to the water that requires such an increase!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Confused KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_scratch
Dang they hitting us in the things we NEED not want! They need to really be ashamed of themselves **SMH**
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 12:28 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Good morning, hey i am off tomorrow too, lets hook up for lunch. LOL.

Morning...and if you were here or I there...we would so do lunch for real!!! So guess what...I didn't make it to dinner. LOL Long story he is so going to have a lot to make up for..ROTFL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 12:29 pm

I see you and Penny are showing out this week with the UFD Very Happy
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 12:30 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey KNH! Is it hot enough for ya! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

Hey CurlyA

This heat is unbelievable, and to top that off I've gotten my light bill for May and it is just as HOT as the weather!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_evil

Thanks for stopping by!!
Girl don't mention bills, All my providers have lost their minds!, the electric companies here in Texas know it is hot they need to start giving discounts.

Discount...what's that? You heard that our water bills will be going up by 30% starting this month!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_eek Dang I wonder what they are adding to the water that requires such an increase!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Confused KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_scratch
Dang they hitting us in the things we NEED not want! They need to really be ashamed of themselves **SMH**

I know okay!!! You know what lets all get together and NOT pay our water bill...ROTFLMAO!!! Lets see what they do then!!! **cracking up cause I'm so silly**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 12:35 pm

Muz wrote: I see you and Penny are showing out this week with the UFD KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

Hey Muz....I'm telling you like IB would say "UFD products are the business 4real." If this works on my washNg...I'm headed to the product swap thread to get rid of everything but UFD...I'm serious!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 12:53 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hey CurlyA

Thanks for stopping by!!

I know okay!!! You know what lets all get together and NOT pay our water bill...ROTFLMAO!!! Lets see what they do then!!! **cracking up cause I'm so silly**
Girl if we all did that we would have tons of funk hitting the fan, hot as it is Razz girl you are too crazy Laughing but how do we stop them from robbing us tho' confused
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 12:54 pm

P.S. I am gong to have to try me some UFD? where do you get it from I am on the Northside so I hope not to far from me
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 3rd June 2010, 1:09 pm

WOW, loving your UFD results!!!! Lawd, I need NOT have another product to want to try.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd June 2010, 1:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:Good morning, hey i am off tomorrow too, lets hook up for lunch. LOL.

Morning...and if you were here or I there...we would so do lunch for real!!! So guess what...I didn't make it to dinner. LOL Long story he is so going to have a lot to make up for..ROTFL

Yeah make him make it up KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_tongue KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_razz . ROTFL at myself. shame on me.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 1:23 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:P.S. I am gong to have to try me some UFD? where do you get it from I am on the Northside so I hope not to far from me

I'm on the northside too...I'm on the real north side!! LOL UFD is in Rice Village. You can get there from 59 South and exit Kirby and take Kirby to Tymes!!! It's on the left before you get to Morningside street!!! It takes me about 20 minutes from my house!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 3:18 pm

Hey KNH...I've missed you! :-)

Awww...check out the twist-out! Werk it Penny! LOL

I think I'm just gonna have to break down and BUY SOMETHING TODAY! You and PoeticlySpkg make me wanna buy somebody's product for twisting! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_rr
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 3:23 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:P.S. I am gong to have to try me some UFD? where do you get it from I am on the Northside so I hope not to far from me

I'm on the northside too...I'm on the real north side!! LOL UFD is in Rice Village. You can get there from 59 South and exit Kirby and take Kirby to Tymes!!! It's on the left before you get to Morningside street!!! It takes me about 20 minutes from my house!!

KNH
From my house it would take me about 30-40 minutes being that I am almost inna Woodlands, Maybe I can go from my grandma's house she lives in KG make one trip do for all Wink
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 3:49 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

KNH
From my house it would take me about 30-40 minutes being that I am almost inna Woodlands, Maybe I can go from my grandma's house she lives in KG make one trip do for all KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_wink

Yeah that would be best from your granny's house. Let me know when you decided to go...I might go with you!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 21 Icon_lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next