CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

+47
nattyblog
Notthecoolmom
WhosThatRedHead
Karyn
MellowOne
QuietButterfly
jcanalena79
NhappyJackie
Serenity23
BrownSkinDiva
swoodward
priceless
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
jlowman1
LaToya28
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
TMS
jamaicacurl
MsJay1121
Nikcoils
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
Muz
NubieNatty
bholmes87
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
TheRYL1
NylaCoils
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
51 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by SheeTacular 1st June 2010, 6:39 pm

wow!! I missed a lot here too. 6 pages full of info and pics. I couldn't see all the pics but I am loving the avatar. I see you got a hang of doing ths slideshows.

I love the color henna left you with. I love the styles.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - Will be taking a break here and there!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 9:44 am

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:Hey lady just stopping in checkin on ya!!cANT BElieve you found the Bed Head Moisture Maniac for 11$. GOd is tryna tell you something!LOL. Thats awesome

Hey Scrug....

I know can you believe that!!! I was too excited and thanking God cause he knows I love me some BB MM!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 9:45 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey KNH! Is it hot enough for ya! Very Happy

Hey CurlyA

This heat is unbelievable, and to top that off I've gotten my light bill for May and it is just as HOT as the weather!!! Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 9:48 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:wow!! I missed a lot here too. 6 pages full of info and pics. I couldn't see all the pics but I am loving the avatar. I see you got a hang of doing ths slideshows.

I love the color henna left you with. I love the styles.

Hey Shee....

I know...I try to visit at least 10 threads a day, but since I can't get to everybody daily I spend a lot of time catching up!!! I think I have the hang for the slideshows...and I just need to slow down the avatar...LOL

I'm kinda liking the color from the henna as well, and trying new styles are fun!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 10:16 am

Good Morning....

I got home late last night, but I was determined to give Penny the TLC she needed. I shampooed with my Bee Mine shampoo bar below....I've tried AfroVeda's & Oyin's shampoo bar, but this bar right here is the best!!! It does exactly what it she said it would do. I like lather and I get a deep cleanse without my hair feeling stripped!! Look at all the good ingredients that's in it below:

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 PURITYweb

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Glycerin (kosher of vegetable origin), Shea Butter, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B), Hydrolyzed Silk, Organic Raw Honey, Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier),Rhassoul Clay, Bentonite Clay, Soy bean protein (conditioner), Chamomile Flower, Yarrow Flower, Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Fragrance.

Next I detangled with Darcy's Botancials Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream. This is when I realized that I shouldn't wear a puff for a week. I didn't have much shedding, but I did see a bit of hair in my denman brush..it was the norm I think... I detangled in sections and twisted each section once I was done!! Then I rinsed out the cream and untwisted each section and applied EVCO and followed up with Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask.

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 CoconutLemongrassTransitioningCreme_1[img][/img]

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 DeepConditioningMask1

I usually use KBB Deep Conditioner Mask but I must say that I was very pleased with Darcy's. It had a lot of slip and I didn't seem to use as much (don't know why) and it cost a little less!! So...I guess this is a keeper. I love you

I used my heat cap and I thought I would only condition for 20 minutes, but I feel asleep and woke up about 1 hr later.. Sleep

I rinsed and did a final cold water rinse. Can I say Penny was happy!! drunken So I decided to twist......this time I used the following products: Giovanna Direct Leave-in and EVCO and twisted Penny in about 30 big twists. (big for me) Then I used......**drum roll please** Uncle Funky's Extra Butter and Curly Magic to do my twists. I've taken my twists down and I'm going to jump in the shower so the steam can help loosen up my twists. I don't want to fluff because I really want to see twists not a curly fro.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'll be back with pictures and the final results/review of my Uncle Funky's products!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 2nd June 2010, 10:20 am

Hey KNH, can't wait to see the pics! I know it's going to turn out wonderfully! I'm going to have to break down and get Darcy's DC mask one day. I've never used the Transitioning cream as a rinse out, I'll have to try that. I'll be back to check out the pics!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd June 2010, 10:24 am

That Bee Mine bar's ingredients sound good, sounds like it has a lot of the same stuff Black soap has in it. Can you find that in stores, or do you have to order it online?

I'm looking forward to pics, I'm sure that twistout will be fab and very well moisturized!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 2nd June 2010, 10:27 am

im looking forward to pics as well, sounds like you gave penny the spa treatment honey!!! woot woot!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 12:26 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey KNH, can't wait to see the pics! I know it's going to turn out wonderfully! I'm going to have to break down and get Darcy's DC mask one day. I've never used the Transitioning cream as a rinse out, I'll have to try that. I'll be back to check out the pics!!

Hey LaToya.....I used the Transitioning cream to detangle...it really mada that step in my regiment easy!!

Muz wrote: That Bee Mine bar's ingredients sound good, sounds like it has a lot of the same stuff Black soap has in it. Can you find that in stores, or do you have to order it online?

Hi Muz...you have to buy it online. I've tried a couple of shampoo's and 2 shampoo bar and I promise this stuff is the business!!! When I ordered my curly butter I asked for a sample and she sent me the clarifying bar and the mositure bar. I like both!!!

I'm looking forward to pics, I'm sure that twistout will be fab and very well moisturized!

They are.....

BrownSkinDiva wrote:im looking forward to pics as well, sounds like you gave penny the spa treatment honey!!! woot woot!!!

BSD KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_eek Gurl your avi is HOT!! Going to your house in a minute to see what you've been doing!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd June 2010, 12:28 pm

Good morning, cant wait to see the results.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 2nd June 2010, 12:30 pm

thanks KNH, MUZ told me to change it!! So I took her advice Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd June 2010, 12:35 pm

Hey KNH,

Can't wait to see the pics! I've also tried the Bee mine shampoo bar and it is a keeper.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd June 2010, 12:37 pm

oooh i can't wait to see the UFD combo results! If it works out for you I might try it as well.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd June 2010, 12:39 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:thanks KNH, MUZ told me to change it!! So I took her advice Smile

yes, I had nothing to do with the taking of the picture, or the styling of the hair, but I AM taking credit for the avatar Razz

and awww man, that Bee Mine has to be ordered online? Sad Well that's unfortunate. Oh well. . .
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 2nd June 2010, 1:07 pm

Good Morning KNH!!!!! You make me want to try the slideshow avi lol. Can't wait to see your pics from the twistout. I also found some Bed Head MM for 11 bucks at Ross last week and I thought of you!!!! lol

Last edited by mstokes2008 on 2nd June 2010, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 2:09 pm

okay..I'm posting the pictures first because I tried to post my review and my computer froze.....

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Debora92

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Debora93

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Debora94

So now I'm going to post the review!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd June 2010, 2:33 pm

Aww sooky sooky now!!! Loving that twist out!!

Look at you over here styling it up!!!!

MahoganyKnots on Youtube did a review on all the butters she used and she loved UFD Extra Butter. It peaked my PJism and now here you go with this cute twist out using the extra butter. You know Roxie loves butter, right? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 2:45 pm

Okay...I'll try this review again...

I used the following products to do my twist out today!!!

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Extra-butterKinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Curly-magic

Last I left you **laughing** I had indicated that I was going to jump in the shower so the steam could loosen up my curls. As you can see from the pictures the steam really works. Of course I have HIH real bad today...but I'm so loving this twist out!!!

This dynamic duo does exactly what it says it will do!!! See below...

Extra Butter Ingredients:
Refined, whipped shea butter, coconut oil, palm kernel oil and aloe leaf extract. Works well on curly, kinky and wavy textures!

Extra Butter Description:

Working at the carwash is the only reason for waxy buildup! Get residue-free stylability with our pro-shine moisturizer. This smooth, whipped butter fortifies curls with natural shea butter & coconut oil and NO PETROLEUM! Great for extremely dry hair!! Elongates curls, detangles and deeply moisturizes to aid in combability. Works great on wet and dry hair. Light, fresh clean citrus scent. *8 oz * Quick Shipping * No Paraben * No Petroleum * PETA Friendly

Curly Magic Ingredients:

Aqueous-infused extracts of marshmallow, chamomile, horsetail and nettle, organic aloe vera juice, agave nectar extract, potassium sorbate, citric acid and a delightful natural fragrance.

Curly Magic Description:

Flex your supercurl muscle naturally with our aloe-based, firm hold curl enhancing gel. Curls become more defined and manageable with a nourished, brilliant shine. Curly Magic delivers superior results of taming frizz, elongating curls and adding moisure all in one powerful product * Formulated for kinky and curly textures* Fast Drying * All Natural * Silicone Free * Paraben Free * Light, fresh clean citrus scent * PETA Friendly

Okay I'm not and I repeat I'm not an expert...I'm still learning, but I know what works for my hair when I finally find it. I wanted so much for it to be KBN because I really love the butters. I use it everyday on my skin, but for my twists and twist outs...this is so it!!!

I did my twists in sections, and applied the product one section at a time. I had about 30 big twists (maybe it was medium twists) all over so I twisted each section individually. I applied the extra butter to each section, and then applied the curly magic as I begin to twist. It took me about 2 hrs but it was so worth it.

Penny is so moisturized and I don't have much frizz..the shower did the trick, but I kinda have HIH going on so I do have a little frizz because of that. If you hair is tightly coiled or you don't see a real curl definiton or just see a frizzy fro this product is for you for real!!! **sound so like a commercial**

Ladies I'm really loving this product...I'm so glad I found what will work for my twist styles!!! This is my hair right now at 12:30pm it still holding on, and not only that I have so much moisture still and its afternoon its just so amazing!!! My curls are elongated and well as soft and did I say moist!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 617583

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Debora95

I bought the Curyly Magic three weeks after my big chop and I did a product swap because I really didn't know how to use it. (Big mistake) Anyway...this is what I've been looking for and now I can say I have the products I need for my twists!! I'm so excited.... KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 678474

SN: I bought the following t-shirts as well.

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 PricelessbckKinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Diamondfrt
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:04 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Aww sooky sooky now!!! Loving that twist out!!

Look at you over here styling it up!!!!

MahoganyKnots on Youtube did a review on all the butters she used and she loved UFD Extra Butter. It peaked my PJism and now here you go with this cute twist out using the extra butter. You know Roxie loves butter, right? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_lol

Hey Lynn

Thanks girl...I'm so excited that I'm getting my styling skills going on here! I will have to check out MahoganyKnots channel...but she is so on point if she gave UFD Extra Butter the thumbs up!!

UFD Butters are light, but they have powerful moistrizing ability!! I was so suprised!!! I'm please with both the SuperCurls and the Extra Butter!!! I think Roxie would be too!! Let the PJ in yah come on out!!! Do Lynn for Roxie!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:06 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Good Morning KNH!!!!! You make me want to try the slideshow avi lol. Can't wait to see your pix from last night!! I also found some Bed Head MM for 11 bucks at Ross last week and I thought of you!!!! lol

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Lol I so never have luck at Ross, but I'm glad you did!!! Oh so do the slideshow avi it is so cool. I got this from Bholmes!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:07 pm

Muz wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:thanks KNH, MUZ told me to change it!! So I took her advice KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_smile

yes, I had nothing to do with the taking of the picture, or the styling of the hair, but I AM taking credit for the avatar KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_razz

and awww man, that Bee Mine has to be ordered online? KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_sad Well that's unfortunate. Oh well. . .

Hey Muz...

You can't order online?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:07 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:oooh i can't wait to see the UFD combo results! If it works out for you I might try it as well.

Hey CCC....

Girl is soo works...try it you are so going to like it. Did you get the Extra Butter when you were here?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:08 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

Can't wait to see the pics! I've also tried the Bee mine shampoo bar and it is a keeper.

Hey KC...

This was my second time using the shampoo bar...I wanted to make sure I had the same results before I posted my thoughts. I agree with you it is so a keeper!!! KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 3:09 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Good morning, cant wait to see the results.

Hey CrissyQ...how are yah!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd June 2010, 3:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:! I think Roxie would be too!! Let the PJ in yah come on out!!! Do Lynn for Roxie!!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy  -  Will be taking a break here and there! - Page 19 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next