CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Growth - Slow Growth Help

+7
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Ashima
cherece
MissCurly
Juices-n-Berries
makeupvixen
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No Growth - Slow Growth Help - Page 2 Empty Re: No Growth - Slow Growth Help

Post by tnictay 12th May 2010, 11:52 pm

Makeupvixen I think you are beautiful..and your makeup is HOT!!! I agree with the other ladies just be patient. I think my hair grows slowly but it also shrinks some serious too so sometimes its hard to tell.

tnictay

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 13th May 2010, 10:42 am

Thanks!

I need a little more help though.

Since February a supervisor has been making comments about my hair that makes me feel very uncomfortable. So much that I stopped protective styling under a half wig about a month ago. I have tried to bring up my issues to upper management but they are all sticking together and don't want to hear from me.

This same supervisor makes comments about me in Spanish, she doesn't know I speak Spanish and Japanese.

I need to go to my union but I need a strong case and don't want to make it seem like I'm making an issue out of something so small. They want me to prepapre a statement but I just don't know what to say.

The would say things to me like:
Oh, wasn't that short kinky hairs yours
I thought you would have short hair (like all Black people have is short hair)
Is that a wig?
I can't tell when you have your real hair or fake ( I said you're not suppose to)

Am I being too sensative? It's already known that this person doesn't like me and wishes to get me fired because I'm over qualified and can do her job. She also doesn't like me because the staff would rather talk to me about reports and issues and not her. So it's like she is trying to make me feel uncomfortable on purpose.

What should I do?
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 13th May 2010, 12:25 pm

Makeup Vixen, if you want to see your hair grow stop hating it and hating yourself. You're sending this negative energy into your hair cells. At times we can be our own defeatist. Chill!!!! Accept your freckles they're beautiful! If you are not happy with your weight then work on it. As for your hair it will grow. Yes, you are taking care of it but are you nuturing it with love? Instead of seeing your self as the "fat, short haired, girl" envision yourself as "a beautiful woman with a BAA"! Project that image of yourself out there!

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by TurquoizBlue 13th May 2010, 12:34 pm

JNB, that was great advice!
TurquoizBlue
TurquoizBlue

http://www.thisiscrochet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th May 2010, 12:36 pm

@makeupvixen: babes, don't pull yourself through the mud!!! u are beautiful, and besides that, you got plenty going for yourself! Blessings to you because you are living, employed and you have amazing hobbies (make-up!!! u know that although i don't wear make up due to pure lazyness, lack of knowledge n my face is really sensitive, i admire how you apply it, designs u come up with and different color combos???). sweetheart, you are a gift to this world, and don't let this (or the issue with that lady saying mean things to you at work) make u think otherwise. u have come to the right place for advice in hair matters; remember that we are a support group for all kinds in addition to hair. we are here for you!!

@ muz, think about castor oil as three purposes: conditioning agent , protective agent and humectant. i don't know how long it takes for it absorb into the hair. it depends on differing factors: climate elevation, if its cold or hot, your hair's specific density, other products u have on your hair, etc.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th May 2010, 1:01 pm

@ dajewel; Okay, so I'm still confused. When we use oils to seal in the moisture, that doesn't mean other moisture can't get in? I mean when I think of something being sealed that means nothing gets IN or out.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th May 2010, 2:06 pm

@muz: yes, sealing means other moisture can't get in. castor oil is one of the few exceptions that can attract moisture AND seal; it attracts and traps the moisture. other oils that i know of don't.

i have attached an illustration of the major chemical component of castor oil, which is responsibile for its humectant and sealing properties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Castor_oil.svg#filelinks

notice the -OH members? those are the constituents responsible for attracting water molecules due to hydrogen bonding. the long (fatty) chains are responsible for sealing the moisture in because the chains are hydrocarbons; hydrocarbons don't mix with water and is why they are barriers from water--->seal water in.

when u use oils to seal actually what is really happening the hair will try to absorb however much of the oil it can. at a certain point (at equilibrium), due the hair can't absorb any more oil, and as such, the rest of the oil applied will just deposit itself on the cuticle due to homeostasis. and so, that is why oils (and butters) are considered to be sealants, protectants, conditioners, etc.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th May 2010, 2:51 pm

Okay, great! Thanks! I knew my hair loved Castor Oil, now I know why Smile I need to consult you about this type of stuff more often Smile So if you use too much Castor Oil or any other oil, that still won't keep moisture from being absorbed by your hair? I'm talking after your hair as sucked up as much of it as it can.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 13th May 2010, 7:26 pm

Yay for Chemistry!

I'm going to start adding castor oil to my regimen as I'm not completely thrilled with olive or coconut.

DaJewel, what kind of castor oil do you use?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 14th May 2010, 1:26 am

@makeupvixen: try roobios red tea. use the loose leaf, as the loose leaf have more nutrients than bagged. roobios red tea stimulates circulation to scalp and hair follicules

@muz: once the hair absorbs the moisture, then the hair will absorb whatever it can that is sitting on the cuticle. in this instance it is the oil.

@juices-n-berries: i use cold pressed castor oil that i got from whole foods for $6 and change
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th May 2010, 5:26 am

Is it the home health brand?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content