CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One week water challenge!

+15
NikG20
natural813
IJustWannaKnow2
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Heart2Worship
Hollis
lumii
Juices-n-Berries
MikMont
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
mverde3
tashafawn24
jamaicacurl
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

One week water challenge! - Page 2 Empty Re: One week water challenge!

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 7th May 2010, 9:22 am

Count me in; water is something I need to drink - not just for the week challenge, but for life!

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th May 2010, 12:52 pm

Guys,

my body is rebelling! I am not sure if it was the lack of caffeine (my tea in the morning) or sugar (the juice and iced tea) but I was sooooo sick this morning. Head pounding, clammy, queasy the whole nine. I drank a cup of hot tea and that did the trick. So I am going to have to figure this out. I will drink nothing but water for the duration of the day. I will check back in later.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 7th May 2010, 1:31 pm

I actually didn't see this post and decided not to drink water for a week. But I started today so i will go until next week friday Smile
This is a great challenge. I have tryed it before for over a month. I lost alot of weight too.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 7th May 2010, 3:37 pm

I have been slacking. I think this should go on longer than one week, lol. How about the Summer?
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 7th May 2010, 4:41 pm

LOL @ KNH! Trust me you're not the only who's been tempted to cheat! I also try to eat juicy fruits to make myself feel like I'm drinking juice. One day at a time girl!

You want to go for a month?? That sounds good..you're right it does take longer than 1 week to form a habit....what do you ladies think? You all up for a 1 month challenge?!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 7th May 2010, 4:42 pm

Today I drank 20 oz of water by 11am. That's an accomplishment for me. I also had a full glass of water with my lunch..probably another 12oz. I'm so full! I will make a point to drink more water before I eat dinner and with my dinner.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th May 2010, 5:44 pm

Im definitely up for a one month challenge! I have been downing cups of water all day at work. My bladder is in overdrive! LoL
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 8th May 2010, 4:24 pm

Okay I messed up the other day I had a sip of soy milk because I forgot lol. As soon as I remembered I stopped and had some water Very Happy. I usually drinks about 6 bottles of water a day but I don't know what's come over me these last two weeks. I've only been drinking about 2 to 3 so now I have to really step it up. I think I get tired of running to the bathroom all day at work lol.

@Sweetdrk1 That does happen when you give up something like caffeine or sugar. It usually takes about a week to go away. After two weeks you won't even miss it. That happened to me when I had completely stopped eating sugar and processed foods. I think I went about a month with no form of sugar what so ever, not even condiments. It was very hard but after the first week I was fine.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th May 2010, 4:41 pm

I'm glad everyone is doing well with the challenge! Yes maybe we should extend it to a 1 month challenge. I thought I was doing well but something is going on with my body! I am soo bloated it's ridiculous! I've gained about 5 lbs all of a sudden too! I'm ovulating so I'm hoping it's just because of that. I'm do uncomfortable but I'm sticking with the water. Well, last night I did have some Ginger ale & Ginger tea.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th May 2010, 5:43 pm

I was sooo tempted just now to grab a soda BUT.... I grabbed a water bottle instead!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th May 2010, 8:30 pm

Yay Jlow!!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 8th May 2010, 8:56 pm

This is my day two of the challenge...so far so good
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 9th May 2010, 6:21 pm

water is great...thats all I ever really drink (occasionally i'll have tea or coffe 1-3x a week)

I but cases of the 1.5 liter bottles and usually finish 1.5-2 a day (I don't like drinking water from a glass =()

My skin & body both reward me for it...
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 9th May 2010, 9:56 pm

I'm really surprised at how disciplined I'm being with drinking water when everyone around me is drinking delicious sweet drinks!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 10th May 2010, 3:45 pm

How is everybody doing today so far? I'm slacking a bit so I need to go drink some now!

I was wondering...I'm already thinking about food when Memorial Day weekend hits Wink and I mean, there may be delicious drinks.....can a sista get a pass? I mean 1 non-water drink??? Please???
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 11:43 am

I was doing great up until yesterday! I was driving back from NC last night and got sleepy. I had to stop and grab a Vault to get some energy! Whew! I'm back on it now!

@jamaicacurl--a pass...hmmm...if you get one you have to set a boundary for how many non-water drinks you'll have. What do you think ladies?

Oh, and I am game for doing this for one month!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th May 2010, 11:50 am

Been going strong with this challenge. I bring a water bottle to work and just keep refilling it as the day gos. This really helps because I HATE drinking water out of cups.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th May 2010, 2:28 pm

Okay...I see we might do a month...WHEW I feel so much better, but I must say I fell right off the wagon yesterday. I added one packet of of my Lipton White Tea Raspberry mix to one bottle of water yesterday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm sorry but you know if we don't get enough liquid in our systems we can die!!! I know I"m a bunch of drama, but I was only getting about 1 1/2 bottles of water in my system a day and that I know is not good.

I started waking up with headaches and stuff...I'm serious. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So far today I've had only a sip. I will get back on track..but I just don't like water. LOL

Have a good day y'all

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 11th May 2010, 2:34 pm

KNH I'm with you girl! I was just talking to a friend today about how little I drink and that I really need to make a conscious effort to drink more. I carry my water bottle around and may finish it once for the day. SMH

@ Heart2Worship - I think if I do break down and give into temptation, I would only allow myself 1 non-water drink. At the same time I'll probably be thinking about all you ladies staying faithful to the challenge and change my mind in fear of being a cheater! LOL
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

One week water challenge! - Page 2 Empty One MONTH water challenge!!

Post by jamaicacurl 11th May 2010, 2:38 pm

Ok ladies, tomorrow will be 1 week since the water challenge began. Since it started, I'm so glad you all have joined me and I hope more ladies join in as well.

You all have been doing well during this past week with hydrating our bodies with water, and despite some of our slip ups here and there, I am proud of you all and myself for sticking in there this long! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So as KNH suggested, and some of you agreed, I would like to extend the challenge to last one month!! We can do it ladies!!

So now the challenge will end on June 4th.

Hang in there ladies so that together we can make this a habit instead of a chore!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 3:05 pm

Cool! One month it is!

@jamaicacurl--so is the one non-water drink for the whole weekend (Memorial Day only or the day of your cook out)or is that one per day for Memorial Weekend?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 11th May 2010, 8:35 pm

@H2W - Well, originally I was thinking to do one non-water drink on the day of whatever cookout but my friend thinks I should do it one per day of the weekend.

What do you ladies think? How do you do a poll on this thing?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 12th May 2010, 10:33 am

I don't know how to do the poll, but I think you should do one per day. There is a lot going on that weekend and you may get an unexpected invite somewhere. Think doing it this way will be safe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th May 2010, 12:52 pm

Okay...so let me see if I'm clear on this...we can have on non-water drink on the weekend? If so, that would be so cool cause I couldn't have my mom's special tea Sunday with dinner. She was looking at me like I was crazy, cause she knows I'll drink a gallon of that stuff!

Or...is it one non-water drink on Saturday and Sunday. I've been getting a lot of invites to eat Crawfish and you know you need a drink with the spices that they boil the crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausage, neckbones...ect in. There is no way I can eat crawfish with out a drink...alcohol or a coke gotta have something..you know!! LOL

Okay...yesterday I did real good....some how I managed to get 3 whole 9oz bottles of water in my system...or was it 4. No it was 3. I had 2 at work and one while we were at drill team practice!! Yeah me!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll let you guys in on a secert. I had a small bag kosher dill potato chips...that's what did it!!!

Trying to shoot for 4 bottles today...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 12th May 2010, 1:34 pm

LOL I know exactly what you mean KNH!! Well, we were talking about Memorial Day weekend but would you ladies want to just take a small break on each weekend so that we can have 1 non-water drink on Saturdays & Sundays? If so you know I'm down! LOL

That's a good trick KNH to eat something kinda salty so you drink more water. And for me, I will drink more water if it's ice cold vs. room temperature (yuck!)
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next