CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

+5
NaturalHairYes2009
NubieNatty
Ebbz
jlowman1
4EverNatural
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge Empty 4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

Post by 4EverNatural 20th July 2010, 3:14 pm

Hello Natural Beauties,

Since my BC( May 25, 2010) I have been using a variety of different products and styling aids, which I believe has resulted in my hair shedding because of over manipulation. Therefore, I decided to choose a handful of products that I will use over the next 4 weeks. At the end of this challenge, I will examine the strentgh, health, and length of my hair. Also, this will allow me to stay consistent with my products and see what works best, instead of changing every week. I am currently wearing Wash n Go's and will continue to do so over the next 4 Weeks. Would anyone like to join me in this Challenge? It will run from July 19, 2010- August 16, 2010 (or later depending on when you start).

Products that I will use: Yes to Cucumbers, AOHSR,ORS Hair Mayo, KCKT,KCCC,EVOO,EVCO,CO,Greg Juice, Oyin Shine & Define

Regimen:
Co-wash: YTC w/EVOO
DeepTreatment: AOHSR w/ EVOO(1wk) ORS Hair Mayo(alternate weeks)
Leave In: KCKT W/EVOO&CO
Styling Aid: KCCC & Oyin S&D(for edges)
Refresh: Oyin Greg Juice

Please use the products that work best for your hair.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge Empty Re: 4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

Post by jlowman1 20th July 2010, 6:24 pm

I would like to join... I really need to stick to the products that I know work for my hair and stop being such a PJ.

Regimen during the next 4 weeks:

PrePoo/Detangle: Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
Shampoo(weekly): L'Oreal Everpure Hydrate Shampoo
Deep Conditioner(weekly): Garnier Fructis Sleek/Shine Deep Conditioner w/ EVOO
Cowash(daily or every two days): Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner
Leave In(daily): Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer or Kimmaytubes Leave In
Sealant: EVOO, EVCO or Jojoba Oil
Styler: Shea Butter Mix (shea butter, coconut oil, EVOO & castor oil) or SH's Avocado Shea Butter

Last edited by jlowman1 on 30th July 2010, 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Products)
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge Empty Re: 4 Week Solid Hair Regimen Challenge

Post by Ebbz 20th July 2010, 6:45 pm

I'm in! I have pretty much found what works except for a night time routine but I need to save $$$ to stock up on my staples for when I head back to school.

Shampoo: Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo(bi-weekly)
Cowash: Suave Naturals (every other day)
DC: Lustrasilk Cholesterol mixed with oils (once a week)
Leave Ins: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine and Hawaiian Silky 14n1
Moisturize with Whipped Shea Butter Mix and Spritz nightly
Styler: Hawaiian Silky and Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Olive Oil
Sealant: Africa's Best Herbal Oil

Last edited by Ebbz on 21st July 2010, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tweaked regimen)
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th July 2010, 10:09 pm

this is a really good challenge ladies!! i've found by sticking to a solid reggie and using ONLY products that work has curbed my pj-ism. i actually did a haul on products i dont use as much or at all n got rid of them. when u consistently stick to a reggie and products you will definitely notice a change and you can fo' sure accomplish ur hair goals.

we're doin the 30 day product challenge in stickin to the same products; my rule is to use a product for a good 3 wks or 3 times so i can get a fair reaction on how my hair likes it. its either a keeper or i'll toss it (more so give it away)

good luck ladies. i always like to read people's reggies n products as a habit so i'll be peekin in on u guys often [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalHairYes2009 23rd July 2010, 2:08 pm

Count me in!

NaturalHairYes2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 24th July 2010, 11:43 am

I love this challange! i was gonna post a similar one, but i will just join you gals!. I really dont have a stricct routine as i have only been wearing natural styles for a little over a month. ihave lots of productss because i have just been going crazy. heres a lits of all my products
pantene shampoo, conditioner, and oil cream moisterizer
sauve conditioner
KCCC and knot today
cantu shea butter
eco styler
oilive oil line- styling mouse, oil moisterizer, smooth and hold pudding
ok i think thats it, at least all i can think of Smile
my routine so far has been
-cowashing weekly with pantene condish or suave
-i havent reallly been using a leave in because i dont have one, so i use shea butter. i am goona start leaving in a little reg consih
- for styling i do two strand twist on wet hair with shea butter.
im getting kinda bored as far as styling goes, but two strands are all i can do now.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 26th July 2010, 12:21 pm

Hello Ladies,

Just an update....Yesterday was wash day for me in which I did the following:

Co-wash: YTC
Deep Treatment: ORS Hair Mayo( sat under dryer for 1/2 hour)
Moisterizer: AOHSR w/EVOO, EVCO
Style: KCKT/KCCC

I am still noticing shedding, but will continue to do the ORS Hair MAYO every week followed by a moisterizing conditioner.

How is everyone else doing with there Reggie?

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th July 2010, 3:49 pm

It's hard trying to stick to the same products but it HAS saved me money!

Today is a DC day so I will be using Lustrasilk with Olive Oil. I have had very little shedding since my BC, even though the only style I can do are WnGs so I am very happy about that. I will be doing my first progress pics at the end of the challenge.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 26th July 2010, 4:03 pm

Ebbz, I look forward to seeing your pics

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 26th July 2010, 7:55 pm

hey ladies! I went to target yesterday and didnt buy ANY hair products! I was tempted because i seen a trial/travel sizes of yes to carrots conditioner....but i didnt cave. I havent for the week washed my hair yet, but i probably will tonight.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th July 2010, 9:28 pm

Hey Ladies, I keep looking at this challenge and I know I should join to curb my pjism, but the pj in me has kept me from doing it. Seriously though, I'll never figure out what works if I don't stick to a solid reggie for a few weeks to see how it works for my hair. So I'm in. Be back later to post my products and routine.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th July 2010, 9:43 pm

It really is a great way to keep you off those hair care aisles!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 27th July 2010, 9:55 am

Welcome freckledmom4!!!! Look forward to seeing your pics and post.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th July 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
Here are my products:
Shampoo (as needed): Trader Joe's TTT
Condish for cowashes (2-3x/week): Trader Joe's TTT
Leave in/Moisture: Giovanni Direct leave in
DC (1x/wk.): Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
Oils for prepoos, rinses and sealing: Coconut, vatika, amla, narvantra
Stylers (2-3x/week): ecostyler oo gel, sheamoisture coconut hibiscus mist (daily), milk, smoothie.
Butters (daily): Hydrating Hair Butter by Fluertzy

I will mostly be wearing twist outs with an occasional wng for this challenge. I am also doing the Hairyuveda challenge so I will henna and do amla masks atleast once over the next 4 weeks.

I am currently dcing. When I wash out will probably twist my hair with ecostyler and the hair butter. This combo had good hold and shine without crunchiness last time. Hope it works again.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th July 2010, 12:12 pm

I forgot to ask do any of you put oil on your scalps? Why or why not?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 27th July 2010, 2:06 pm

I put tea tree oil on my scalp and do a scalp massage once a week to stimulate growth and keep it from drying out and getting itchy
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 27th July 2010, 2:12 pm

I use EVOO and EVCO throughout my scalp( to keep it moisturized) and Castor Oil on my edges and temples(promote growth). Lately, I have just been using the Castor Oil on my edges and sprtizing my hair with the OYIN Greg Juice, I LOVE THAT STUFF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 27th July 2010, 3:31 pm

I use Castor Oil but I need to do it consistently. I love how thick it is. I was attempting to use Bee Mine's Growth Serum w/ Sulfur but the Sulfur smell is soooo strong.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th July 2010, 10:54 pm

Okay, thanks. I just didn't see it listed in the reggies so I wanted to know. I made a mix of castor, coconut, rosemary, peppermint and neem oil. I try to put in on 2-3x a week, but the neem has an awful smell. It smells like Wild Growth Oil on crack, but its supposed to do great things so I'll stick with it for a while longer.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicagoChica 29th July 2010, 1:12 am

I'll join you ladies. I've been using the same products since my BC on May 26, 2010.

Shampoo: Hair Rules Daily Cleansing Cream
Conditioner: Hair Rules Ultra Quench Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Mizani True Textures for Natural Curls Curl Replenish
Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot Today, Kinky Curly Curly Custard
Protein (use every other week): Aphogee 2-minute Treatment
Oils: Jojoba, Castor Oil, Bhringaraj Oil (for sealing)

http://mynaturalstate.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ChicagoChica on 29th July 2010, 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added blog)
ChicagoChica
ChicagoChica

http://mynaturalstate.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 29th July 2010, 10:23 am

Welcome ChicagoChica [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !!!!!!!

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 30th July 2010, 12:57 pm

Today is henna day and after I rinse it out I will DC with AOHSR then oil rinse with vatika and twist my hair for a twist out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 30th July 2010, 5:21 pm

Hello Ladies,
UPDATE!!!!!
My hair was feeling NASTY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so had to wash it yesterday. I started with the my regualr condish wash but my hair was still a mess so I had to shampoo it (which is something I did not have in my reggie) Anywho, after washing I tried my first try at bantu Knots using KCCC, and I twisted it out today. It didn't come out out how I wanted, but I am going to trying again tonight and do smaller parts...wish me LUCK!!!!!!

If anyone has followed my other posting, I said that I feel like the Wash n Go are causing my hair to shed and break off a lot, thats why I tried the BANTU KNOT/ TWISTOUT. I am still sticking to my reggie, just added in my shampoo( that i already had).

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th July 2010, 5:29 pm

Update: I had a protective style in for about two days then my scalp was getting itchy so I took it down which lead to todays wash and go. I've also recently trimmed my ends and added Kimmaytubes Leave In to my regimen. The jury is still out on this, I think I should have made a smaller batch.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 30th July 2010, 9:46 pm

jlowman1, I don't know about Kimmaytubes leave in, it didn't work out for me, then again maybe I made it wrong...lol

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next