CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**DivaDr175**

+14
Intelligentbeauty
truet
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lena73
Kea::curls
Winnielours
beautifuleyez
CocoEuro
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
ohnatural
SheeTacular
divadr175
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

**DivaDr175** Empty **DivaDr175**

Post by divadr175 14th November 2009, 6:16 am

Well, it's Saturday morning and I have a cold so I have stayed in bed until I absolutely must get up. I don't have any plans for today except to meet my friend's husband at work so he can pick up all the mail she's sent from downrange. . .'Cuz she's on her way home!!! YAY! Then it will be back home to make chicken noodle soup and stay in with a good book and vitamin C.

In hair news-- I'm not thrilled with my post henna, post RRT, hair. It's more tangled and matted when I wake up in the mornings and I'm not sure if it's because I've been doing wash and go's instead of my BnC or if it's the change in hair texture from the protein in henna. I have been getting compliments on it though, and it does seem to shape better in a fro than before.
**DivaDr175** Photo_18

Anyway, the plan is clarify wash,DT again (with heat this time), con
wash and BnC with shea butter today. Will see what I get as a result and hopefully it won't be a big knot on my head.')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">**DivaDr175** Affraid

Last edited by divadr175 on 14th November 2009, 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Emoticon issues.)
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

**DivaDr175** Empty Re: **DivaDr175**

Post by SheeTacular 14th November 2009, 7:06 pm

Wow So i'm not the only one. I did my henna last night and have not seen one positive affect of using it.

I hot oiled and deep condished and it still feels hard...I don't like it.
I want my hair back.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 15th November 2009, 8:51 am

@SheeTacular- I know! It's been several days now and my hair is still not as soft as it was pre henna, but it's getting better with lots of oil and leave in conditioning. And my curls are looser which is not necessarily a good thing for me as I liked my corkscrews. We'll have to see how it goes, huh?

So instead of a BnC, I've tried the tightlycurly method today. Prepoo treatment with Lush's Hair Doctor, then scalp wash with Lush's Hard, conwash with my Cholesterol+ginseng, then leave in HE HH which I combed through my hair and now am letting dry on my two stranded twists. Will see how it turns out tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm nursing this cold with homemade spicy chicken soup, orange juice and lots of tea.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th November 2009, 11:18 am

Thanks Divadr!!

I felt like I was the only one having this issue. I think next time I do henna I'm gonna find some moisturizing agents to mix with it. I think yesterday I just had an emotional breakdown...but anyways...it's all good today.

I washed with a sulfate shampoo and used bioinfusions rosemary mint conditioner and detangled and put it in large twists. now i have on my trusty plastic cap and a hat cuz i'm on my way to Sunday School and morning service.

Be blessed. I hope you feel better.

I look forward to seeing your results.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ohnatural 15th November 2009, 4:04 pm

Hey Ladies, What brand of Henna did you use? What did you mix with?

ohnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by ohnatural 15th November 2009, 4:04 pm

Hey Ladies, What brand of Henna did you use? What did you mix with?

ohnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 16th November 2009, 4:55 am

@ohnatural- I used Lush's Caca Brun:

• Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao),
  • Indigo Henna (Indigofera Tintctoria),
  • Red Henna (Lawsonia inermis),
  • Ground Coffee,
  • Nettle Powder (Urtica dioica),
  • Irish Moss Powder (Chondrus crispus),
  • Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus),
  • *Citral,
  • *Eugenol,
  • *Geraniol,
  • *Citronellol,
  • *Limonene,
  • *Linalool,
  • Perfume.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 16th November 2009, 5:51 am

SO I had a light bulb moment this morning about my twist outs. **DivaDr175** Icon_idea The reason they turn out frizzy is that they must be separated slowly and with oil on my hands to smooth as I separate. This means trying to take them out in the morning while rushing to work is never going to turn out well. Nevertheless, a good headband is always to the rescue. I'll use my Shea butter/coconut oil mix when I re twist tonight and see what happens.
**DivaDr175** Photo_21 **DivaDr175** Photo_20

Last edited by divadr175 on 16th November 2009, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : photos added)
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 17th November 2009, 3:47 pm

Forgive the whine today, but my nose is running, I've started to cough ( which means my cold is moving into my chest and that means I'm getting better) and I really don't know why I twisted my hair. There must be some part of me that thinks one day it will look like my sister's twist. Even though I know better. Anyway, today I untwisted the front, stuck the rest under a floppy hat and went to work rockin' some frizzy/curly bangs and a hat. It worked, but it's not a look I want to do forever. Ugh! **DivaDr175** Photo_24

I think I'm going to untwist my whole head tonight, pineapple it with a scarf and just rock a 'fro tomorrow. I was happy to get an email from the mom of one of my patients today. Because of our discussions about hair, they took down her braids and she's wearing twists this week. She told her mom she feels free. I'm going to let mom have some of the samples I have that haven't worked for me to try on her hair. AT least I'm spreading natural hair love even as I figure out my own. Off to a bath with eucaplytus salts then early bedtime here in GErmany! PEace!
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 18th November 2009, 7:35 am

Morning, actually it's almost afternoon here. So I'm rockin' a curly fro. It appears that the front of my hair is resisting definitive curls but the rest took to the twists just fine. So I have lots of curl in the back and more 'fro in the front. Love that a good headband can make almost any style work. I had twist envy today though, a 3 year old in the clinic had the cutest glasses and was sportin' the cutest of twists all over her head for a true chunky 'fro. My staff called her my "mini -me" with the glasses added, it was perfect. That's all for now. will see if I can make it through a full day at work with this cold. UGH!

**DivaDr175** Photo_25

Last edited by divadr175 on 18th November 2009, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added photo)
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 19th November 2009, 6:50 pm

I LOVE 4TH DAY HAIR! Really, I don't know why, but by day four my hair seems to find it's groove and I can rock my curls with boldness. It looked good, I felt good. Cold is almost gone, too! Yay for Thursday.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 20th November 2009, 3:20 pm

Evening from Germany. I'm glad it's the weekend. It was one of those days at work where nothing goes as planned, but it all works out in the end. Day five hair was not as great as yesterday's but I think it's because of buildup. I used more styling products in my hair this week than normal and I can feel it tonight. I just got my Carol's Daughter Best Tressed Hair Kit so I think I'm going to grab some dinner and then pamper myself and my hair after a long day. **DivaDr175** Photo_26
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 4:59 pm

Another tip for unraveling twist it to hold the end of one and simply twist the other one around it. This way you are only touching the ends as you unravel. This morning, I decided to not finger separate the twists--as the day progressed they separated.

Let us know how you like Carol's Daughter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 21st November 2009, 2:38 pm

Evening! Blessing and I had a blessed day with sisters in Christ and are getting ready for a packed Sunday. I clarified, then overnight DT with cholesterol conditioner and EVOO last night. This AM I rinsed and ended up doing a wash and go using MJ's Curly Meringue. I figured I should give it another go since I paid for it and it's not soooo bad. Must admit hair is still feeling quite soft, but I'm not impressed with the curl definition from the CM. May be that my hair is so soft from the DT that nothing will give it a ton of definition. Will see how day 2 turns out. Will wait to try Carol's Daughter stuff next week though I already love the Hair Milk.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 21st November 2009, 4:04 pm

divadr175 wrote:Morning, actually it's almost afternoon here. So I'm rockin' a curly fro. It appears that the front of my hair is resisting definitive curls but the rest took to the twists just fine. So I have lots of curl in the back and more 'fro in the front. Love that a good headband can make almost any style work. I had twist envy today though, a 3 year old in the clinic had the cutest glasses and was sportin' the cutest of twists all over her head for a true chunky 'fro. My staff called her my "mini -me" with the glasses added, it was perfect. That's all for now. will see if I can make it through a full day at work with this cold. UGH!

**DivaDr175** Photo_25

love this look!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 21st November 2009, 4:04 pm

divadr175 wrote:Evening from Germany. I'm glad it's the weekend. It was one of those days at work where nothing goes as planned, but it all works out in the end. Day five hair was not as great as yesterday's but I think it's because of buildup. I used more styling products in my hair this week than normal and I can feel it tonight. I just got my Carol's Daughter Best Tressed Hair Kit so I think I'm going to grab some dinner and then pamper myself and my hair after a long day. **DivaDr175** Photo_26

and love this look, too!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 21st November 2009, 6:49 pm

@dajewel-- Thanks. I'm definitely loving day 3-5 hair.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st November 2009, 7:45 pm

I love the hair!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 22nd November 2009, 7:43 pm

NO pics today as I left home at 545 and didn't come back until 1830. I was initially defensive but have since mellowed about it when several people who saw me natural for the first time (rockin' my day 2 WnG) referred to the 70s being back. What was funniest is that one of them whose one of the sweetest southern white ladies I know said that my perfectly round 'fro reminded her of her grandmother's hair. I'm thinking " my hair does not look like some old white lady helmet head." You can just imagine the "egg on my face" when she explained that her grandmother was a mixed with a blond 'fro. She's going to send me a picture one day so I can see it. It's time to sleep. See y'all on the flip side.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 23rd November 2009, 4:08 pm

Not much to say. Jessicurl Deep Treatment arrived. Yay! Found really good Almond and coconut oil at good prices, but no shea butter. Day 3 WnG today. Will see how tomorrow's looks. May do a quick WnG in AM and then BnC in tomorrow night to get ready for London!! Yep I'm going to London for the weekend. Want to look good for CAt on a Hot Tin Roof.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd November 2009, 4:35 pm

divadr175 wrote:NO pics today as I left home at 545 and didn't come back until 1830. I was initially defensive but have since mellowed about it when several people who saw me natural for the first time (rockin' my day 2 WnG) referred to the 70s being back. What was funniest is that one of them whose one of the sweetest southern white ladies I know said that my perfectly round 'fro reminded her of her grandmother's hair. I'm thinking " my hair does not look like some old white lady helmet head." You can just imagine the "egg on my face" when she explained that her grandmother was a mixed with a blond 'fro. She's going to send me a picture one day so I can see it. It's time to sleep. See y'all on the flip side.

LOL!! Wow!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

**DivaDr175** Empty Temporary Insanity

Post by divadr175 24th November 2009, 5:46 pm

')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">**DivaDr175** ConfusedThat's the only reason I can think of for doing two strand twists in my hair again. Now I just hope they dry by morning. Or it will be another cap day. Not much else to say tonight. So TTFN.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 6:09 pm

I anxiously await your review of Jessicurl's WDT. I have heard good things and been looking for it on swap boards.

I plan to try a BnC tonight. I hope it turns out okay.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 25th November 2009, 5:41 pm

I **DivaDr175** Herz love the JessiCurl WDT so I actually bought 3 8 oz containers of it. I use it for my DT. Here's how the twist out worked. I was smart and just untwisted them. No separating. A little water to plump up the ones flattened while sleeping. **DivaDr175** Photo_10Threw on a head band and off to work I went.**DivaDr175** Photo_11
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 26th November 2009, 6:09 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. Cool On my way to London rockin day 2 twist out. Will post photos when I get back. woot!
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next