CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life of a Curly GIRL :)

+36
BlondeByDesire
WarriorPrincess
Treece
NhappyJackie
kim
freckledmom4
ladykay6
TheRYL1
jlowman1
SheeTacular
Mom2KurlyT
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
DvaAuNaturel
poeticlyspkng
Curly_Aquarius
jcanalena79
LaToya28
curly-me-naturally
Intelligentbeauty
CocoEuro
Serenity23
priceless
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
Lynnieluve
Nikcoils
bholmes87
Elasstikwaistlyne
krazy coils
crvng4mr
sweetdrk1
Muz
KinkyNappyHappy
BrownSkinDiva
40 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Empty Re: Life of a Curly GIRL :)

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th October 2010, 12:51 pm

Hey DIVAS!!!

I need to take some pictures of my hair, Ive been protective styling Lola so much that I forgot what she looked like!! Hows everybody? I hope yall are well, Im just stoppin in to show some love and wish yall a happy hump day!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th October 2010, 7:55 am

Hey Sis

I would love to see how Lola is doing. How have you been? How is the weight loss coming along? Well just stopped by to say hi!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th October 2010, 9:57 am

Im super excited, I bought a new product for Lola Smile

Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Il_430xN.181437317

Its an ACV Shampoo Bar made with Vegetable glycerin soap base infused with real organic ACV, aloe vera, honey and vitamin e.

Im excited to try it because it was recommended by CurlyChronicles on YouTube and also because the ingredients sound divine. I purchased it from this Etsy
NjoiCreationS'

I will do a review on it after I try it out Smile

I havent had the greatest of luck with shampoos and I really want to try and find staple products for Lola because Im truly not a product junkie. I REALLY went overboard with the PJism when I was transitioning LOL, but now I just like to stick with what works for me.

Happy Friday Ladies!!

~BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th October 2010, 9:29 pm

Congrats on your weight loss!

That is great re: little natural sister!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 12th October 2010, 9:37 pm

^^^thanks Chrs!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th October 2010, 1:32 pm

Hey Sis...

I'll be waiting on your review.

Guess what? I'm going back to the fitness center...my co-worker made me pull up the schedule, and showed me how I could take my lunch time and work out. I can always eat at my desk. Wish me luck!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 13th October 2010, 1:33 pm

^^ sis im proud of you!! i know you can do it Smile Im gonna try the bar tomorrow and then review it by friday Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th October 2010, 1:37 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:^^ sis im proud of you!! i know you can do it Smile Im gonna try the bar tomorrow and then review it by friday Smile

Thanks so much for your encourgement and support!! I'll be looking for that review!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 13th October 2010, 1:37 pm

^^^anytime :-)
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 15th October 2010, 10:51 am

Morning Lovelies,

In Hair News
Yall, I dont know how, but my hair has grown 2 inches. Im not sure if thats normal or not but im excited LOL. I was measuring my hair last night and I know sometime in mid/late august my hair all over my head was 8 inches well last night the hair in the middle was 10 inches and I noticed as I was flat twisting that it seemed longer...Yes Lola must like those scalp massages LOL. Im gonna measure my entire head next week, but I was too excited about the middle.

In Other News
Im updating my fotki this morning, Im putting up some pics from my hair after I used the ACV shampoo bar. I have started a 30 day no meat diet in hopes of better disciplining myself with food intake and choosing healthier meal alternatives. Im trying to have these 15-20 lbs off by thanksgiving at the latest Smile

I will give my official review of the ACV bar tomorrow after I take these flat twists out....

Enjoy your weekend lovelies!!!

~BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 18th October 2010, 11:00 am

Happy Monday!!

So lets get to this ACV Shampoo Bar Review
Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Il_430xN.183553639

I received it in a nice package and was really curious about how the ingredients would work with my hair.

Vegetable glycerin soap base infused with real organic ACV, aloe vera, honey and vitamin e.

I absolutely loved the lather that I got from it, and the seller says that it will increase curl definition.
Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Hairacv-vi

After I rinsed it out my hair felt really clean and not too dry. The bar did an awesome job of clarifying and leaving my hair soft. The young lady who recommended this bar uses the version without the honey, and that may be something to try next time. I like the ingredients but Im not sure if the honey is a good ingredient for my hair.

Overall I give it a B+ for my first time using it. If I see any awesome results continually I will let yall know. But here are a few pictures from my hair after I rinsed it out.

Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Hair1-vi
Some of my curls were popping, but yall excuse my several different hair textures lol.

Life of a Curly GIRL :) - Page 12 Hair4-vi
I began flat twisting my whole head and noticed some of the definition along the sides..

Hope yall enjoyed the review....

~BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd October 2010, 11:56 am

Hey Ladies!!

Hair News
I went to target today to get a scale and they had Giovanni products on sale so I got some more Direct Leave-In with a free lotion for $5.99. It was also on the same aisle with the E.L.F. makeup so I got some $1 lip glosses too Smile I ordered some jojoba and castor oil from GNC and I need to get some more sweet almond oil as well. I have never tried the castor oil but I hear great things about it and I want to use it for my leave in recipe. Ive been wearing my hair in french braids all week and this is one of my fav protective styles. Oh, also guys, Ive updated my fotki, I put pics from the ACV shampoo bar results and other pics in there of my curls after the shampooing so check it out.

In Other News
Im super excited to say that I've lost weight Smile Next week is going to be the test though because by next friday I plan to be in the 160s...so Im at 171 now and at most I want to be 169 on my next weigh in. Im on week 2 of my No Meat diet. Im trying it for 30 days, and during the last week of my 30 day challenge Im doing a fruit and veggie only detox. Trust me, I really need to do this because over the past few months I have had very poor discipline in eating, so this is a time for me to reevaluate what I eat and increase my health and endurance. The hubby and I found a new trail by our apartment so we run it and its very nice.

Yall have a great weekend

~BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th October 2010, 12:54 pm

Hey lady!! Great hair and other news.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th October 2010, 11:24 pm

Your plan for losing the weight sound interesting. More power to you--no meat, only fruits & veggies, running--I am scared of you, lol.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 27th October 2010, 6:15 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!! Great hair and other news.

Thanks!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 27th October 2010, 6:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your plan for losing the weight sound interesting. More power to you--no meat, only fruits & veggies, running--I am scared of you, lol.

Thanks Chrs, I thought Id give it a try to start off with disciplining myself with my eating and then I will ease back into meats, etc.
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 6:28 am

Hey Sis....

Great review. You know I went looking for Giovanni products in Target about a week ago and couldn't find any. I see why now...they are in the make-up and special products sections. Thanks for that tip!!

Also, good luck with you weight loss goal. I know you can do it. I'm going to back away from sweets; that is until the holidays. LOL

Take care!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th November 2010, 5:29 pm

Hey Divas!!!!

I have so much to fill you ladies in on Smile

Hair News
Lola is doing very well, Ive had a lot of fun learning how to use my leave in on damp hair and put about 4-5 plaits in my hair to get a wavy look the next day. I have been doing that alot as well as bunning.

In Other News
OMG, I have lost 5 lbs!!! I did a fruit and veggie detox last Monday-Friday and lost 2 inches and 5 lbs Smile With the detox you only eat fruits, veggies, and drink water. I ate raw fruits and veggies, but you can steam them, however you cant use seasonings, sauces, anything just fruits, veggies , and water. Its moreso to focus on getting the toxin buildup out of your body because alot of times the foods we eat promote toxin buildup. You guys, after completing that detox I felt so healthy and full of energy. I could see a difference in the physical appearance of my body but also in my stamina. Its not easy to do though especially for me because I LOVE pizza! But Im glad I was able to complete the detox. So Im feeling great, Im at 166 lbs, so now I want to lose another 5-8 lbs and Im done, just want to maintain and practice a healthy lifestyle.

The hubby and I have moved to North Carolina so thats another reason why I havent been on here as much. Just getting settled in the area.

I hope all is well with you ladies and I look forward to chatting with my neighbors on curl street Smile

~BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th November 2010, 5:30 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Sis....

Great review. You know I went looking for Giovanni products in Target about a week ago and couldn't find any. I see why now...they are in the make-up and special products sections. Thanks for that tip!!

Also, good luck with you weight loss goal. I know you can do it. I'm going to back away from sweets; that is until the holidays. LOL

Take care!!

I had the same thing happen to me in target when I went looking for "Yes to Cucumbers" lol!! Thanks sis, for all of your encouragement and words of wisdom. I pray that all is well with you also Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th November 2010, 9:24 am

Hey Sis....

You moved? WOW...I was in Charlotte this summer. I didn't get to see much of the city, but what I saw was very beautiful. I've been to NC twice once to Winston and then Charlotte. I haven't had a chance to really spend time in either city...but it looks like a nice place to raise children.

I may try your fruit and veggie detox; however, the key to success for me would be making sure I could find the fruit and veggie needed for 5 days. It's hard finding good fruit right now here in Houston. I may have to check out CostCo...

Congratulations!!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 12th November 2010, 10:58 am

Hi Diva! I'm so inspired by you losing weight! I really need to kick it into gear. I've found that I actually like the kickboxing videos and I was actually sore afterwards! That hasn't happened in awhile.

ANywho, I am hoping you get it off, and keep it off! You're on the right track. I think it's great you and hubby are involved together too going out to run together. How long do you run for??

Love the review on the soap, is it also advertised to be body soap?
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd November 2010, 10:51 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Sis....

You moved? WOW...I was in Charlotte this summer. I didn't get to see much of the city, but what I saw was very beautiful. I've been to NC twice once to Winston and then Charlotte. I haven't had a chance to really spend time in either city...but it looks like a nice place to raise children.

I may try your fruit and veggie detox; however, the key to success for me would be making sure I could find the fruit and veggie needed for 5 days. It's hard finding good fruit right now here in Houston. I may have to check out CostCo...

Congratulations!!!

TTYL

Hey sis Smile Yes girl, we werent liking VA too much so we moved to NC a few months ago and we love it....NC is a nice place, I like it, but Ive also heard Texas is good too Wink

In regards to the fruit and veggie detox, I def recommend getting ALL you need from the store before starting it because you will definitely need snacks and such to fall back on. I had petite carrots, apples, canteloupe, bananas, corn on the cob, TONS OF WATER, and strawberries on deck!! It was a really good way to catapult my weight loss, I did gain 3 of the lbs back, but thats natural. Im still in the 160s and have increased my running/walking with the hubby and we've defintely changed our poor eating habits.

I hope all is well with you Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd November 2010, 10:54 am

Treece wrote:Hi Diva! I'm so inspired by you losing weight! I really need to kick it into gear. I've found that I actually like the kickboxing videos and I was actually sore afterwards! That hasn't happened in awhile.

ANywho, I am hoping you get it off, and keep it off! You're on the right track. I think it's great you and hubby are involved together too going out to run together. How long do you run for??

Love the review on the soap, is it also advertised to be body soap?

Hey Treece!! Im glad you stopped by my journal Smile Weight loss inspiration means so much to me because there were others who helped me start wanting to acquire a healthier lifestyle as well. Kickboxing is a VERY good way to burn calories and have fun while doing it!!

The hubby and I run outside for about 30 minutes, we have a route that we run, with inclines and such, which can be VERY tiring lol.

I LOVE that soap girl, I still use it bi-weekly, I think its gonna be a staple product for me. Im not sure if it can be used as a body soap, but its really good on my hair Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd November 2010, 11:09 am

Hey Ladies!

Hope all is well with everyone. I wanted to share my fall/winter hair care regimen with yall because Ive noticed that I finally feel comfy with staple products and certain routines.

Im excited that Ive found products that work for Lola and that she likes in these cold months. For the upcoming months my staple products are my ACV bar for clarifying Bi-Weekly, my V05 Clarifying conditioner for the weeks that I dont use the ACV bar, the olive oil replenishing conditioner for DCs, Leave In recipe (from kimmaytube) everytime I wash my hair, and essential oils (jojoba, castor, EVOO, sweet almond) and thats about it.

Those products work VERY well for keeping my hair moisturized and styles lasting longer.

What ive been doing is washing, conditioning, and detangling. I apply the leave in and then I put my hair in about 6-8 chunky twists. The twists allow my hair to dry and not get tangled ends and also give me a nice wave to help define my pattern because I have soo many different textures.

So Ive been doing that routine for the past few months and measuring my hair growth. Everythings been coming along well, I plan to post pictures of progress shortly.

I hope all is well with you ladies Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th November 2010, 11:47 am

Hey Sis...

Glad you've got your winter regiment down. Can't wait to see pictures of Lola, and I must say she has it going on if your avatar is an indication of what she is looking like now.

Enjoy your first Thanksgiving with your Hubby!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next