CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP, CURLY GIRL ACNE!

+4
krazy coils
jenerett
rayray19
DEE DUBB
8 posters

Go down

HELP, CURLY GIRL ACNE! Empty HELP, CURLY GIRL ACNE!

Post by DEE DUBB 9th November 2010, 7:12 pm

Hi Ladies,

I BC'd 4 mts ago, and I am a strict curly girl so far. However, this all natural hair diet is causing severe (teenage-like) acne! How can I tell what I need to cut out, and have any of you had this problem?

FYI-my staple products are Y2C condish, Suave Green Apple Condish, Giovanni Moisturizing Shampoo, Kinky Curly Knot Today, Eco Styler Olive Oil, and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

Thanks!!!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

HELP, CURLY GIRL ACNE! Empty Re: HELP, CURLY GIRL ACNE!

Post by rayray19 9th November 2010, 8:49 pm

i had that same problem..and guess what product i had to take out of my rotation that you so happen to have..SHEA MOISTURE SMOOTHIE!!! I saw a youtuber talk about how shea butter really breaks her out soo i decided to stop using all my products with shea butter and in a matter of days all of those nasty bumps went away..but my acne was so server that it like acne scars (just a lil bit on my cheeks) so im going to the doctor pretty soon to see if i can get some type of oniment for it...but yea i bet you its shea butter..I throw out every single product that had shea butter in it..now i use qhemets AOHC..its one a few moisturizer that doesnt contain shea butter..its more expensive then shea moisture smoothie but atleast my skin is clearing up
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 9th November 2010, 11:40 pm

I think some of the residues get on the pillows when we sleep. Even if you wear a bonnet the natural oils still seep through and get on the pillow cases then get onto your face. At least that's what I think has happened to me so I have to change then really frequently.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th November 2010, 12:53 am

jenerett wrote:I think some of the residues get on the pillows when we sleep. Even if you wear a bonnet the natural oils still seep through and get on the pillow cases then get onto your face. At least that's what I think has happened to me so I have to change then really frequently.

I wear a scarf and a bonnet but the oil in my hair always ends up on my pillowcase. I change them frequently to keep the oil from getting on my face which has caused me to breakout in the past. Also make sure when you're styling your hair that the product doesn't get on your face.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 10th November 2010, 12:58 am

After I do my hair, I wash my hands really well, then I use Witch Hazel to clean my face. I do this in the morning, and at night after I've twisted my hair. It's helped me and my daughter tremendously.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 10th November 2010, 1:24 am

Dee, In addition to the advice already given, look into giving Neem a try. I have read and seen people using Neem/Tea Tree shampoo bar and they discovered it also benefited acne. Here is a link to one such bar: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55920791/all-natural-acne-battle-bar-tea-tree. Also, I can see a neem paste being effective also. If you google, you will probably see some info.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 10th November 2010, 3:32 pm

I agree Neem is great for fighting acne. I've tried using a neem paste for several weeks and it really works. I plan to continue using the neem paste (every other day) along with the oil cleansing method on off days.
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 11th November 2010, 1:52 am

Keeping the hair tied up or under a bonnet when lounging or sleeping is key. I also change my (top) pillowcase daily--I sleep with alot of pillows but I just change the one that comes in contact w/my face.

Keep your hands AWAY from your face. Our hands are basically filthy anyway but we play in our hair alot more than we even realize & all of that oil getting on the skin isn't good.

I also use a (non-alcohol) witch hazel or other astrigent after I've done my hair just to make sure any product residue is wiped away.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down