CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 20 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by NubieNatty 15th November 2010, 11:38 am

i havent tried the whipped gelly. im tryin to keep my gels to a minimum...it is a gel right? i do have the green tea butter, loove it too. i can use it alone and its moisturizing. it does seperate though so i have to mix it up often but i now keep it in my fridge! the noi nah thai butter is normally on the right side of the page, go to the soaps page n it should be somewhere on there.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 20 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by PaganWifey 15th November 2010, 12:06 pm

I felt the same way when I got a weave. I MISSED my hair so bad! Hang in there!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th November 2010, 6:50 pm

iri9109 wrote:ur weave is cute!! u got skills...i know how you feel about missing your curls!! imagine having them up under a weave for almost 2 months! Sad but at least its protective!

Thanks Iri! Your curls are awesome, love the new avi! That two months flew by.

NubieNatty wrote:i havent tried the whipped gelly. im tryin to keep my gels to a minimum...it is a gel right? i do have the green tea butter, loove it too. i can use it alone and its moisturizing. it does seperate though so i have to mix it up often but i now keep it in my fridge! the noi nah thai butter is normally on the right side of the page, go to the soaps page n it should be somewhere on there.

Thanks, found it & its only $5 which is right up my alley! Very Happy

PaganWifey wrote:I felt the same way when I got a weave. I MISSED my hair so bad! Hang in there!

I'm hanging! Very Happy If I get to three weeks, I'll be doing great. I usually never make it past two but I justify that with me doing them myself so I'm not wasting hundreds of dollars to install them and turn around and take them out. Laughing
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th November 2010, 8:36 pm

jlowman1 wrote:You guys I am missing my curls SO much. I didn't realize how much I had become attached to them until I got this weave. My curls made me stand out, they are much more fitting of my personality and they pronounce my features. I feel like my face is hidden behind all this hair. I feel like I blend in with the crowd. Apparently my peers have taken notice as well, everyone keeps saying, "OMG I like your hair but I miss your curls!"

I wanted to make it at least a month so I've got three more weeks to go. Hopefully I can make it. I do want to have it out before my 1 year anniversary on Dec. 18th; I can't wait!

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend flower

I know what you mean. I was going to keep my Kinky Twists in for 7 weeks....NOPE I am taking these twist down real soon!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th November 2010, 7:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:You guys I am missing my curls SO much. I didn't realize how much I had become attached to them until I got this weave. My curls made me stand out, they are much more fitting of my personality and they pronounce my features. I feel like my face is hidden behind all this hair. I feel like I blend in with the crowd. Apparently my peers have taken notice as well, everyone keeps saying, "OMG I like your hair but I miss your curls!"

I wanted to make it at least a month so I've got three more weeks to go. Hopefully I can make it. I do want to have it out before my 1 year anniversary on Dec. 18th; I can't wait!

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend flower

I know what you mean. I was going to keep my Kinky Twists in for 7 weeks....NOPE I am taking these twist down real soon!!! LOL

I'm not gonna make it. I've decided to take it down tonight. My scalp is itchy and the hair is looking stringy. Plus I braided too tight in the back and Im getting little scabs from my hair pulling. Sorry if that was TMI! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th November 2010, 11:18 pm

Awww! You look so cute, JLo! Like a Miss USA contestant! LOL! I totally feel you about missing your curls! I felt the same way when I wore my baby twists for six weeks. By week 3 I was ready to take them down and get my napps back! It was like liberation all over again when I finally took them down!

Hang in there! Your hair is loving the break it's getting right now!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th November 2010, 12:34 am

CurlsGalore wrote:Awww! You look so cute, JLo! Like a Miss USA contestant! LOL! I totally feel you about missing your curls! I felt the same way when I wore my baby twists for six weeks. By week 3 I was ready to take them down and get my napps back! It was like liberation all over again when I finally took them down!

Hang in there! Your hair is loving the break it's getting right now!

Thanks CG! I didnt make it, I ended up taking it down a couple hours ago... It was nice to have a different look but that stuff did a number on my hair! Neutral
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th November 2010, 1:24 am

I will NEVER put weave in my hair again and most definitely not glue! Glue melts my fine strands... Ugh I'm so disgusted. I understand that my hair has been braided and my shedded hair was going to be more than normal but I didn't know that my comb was going to break during the detangling process AND I was going to have two handfuls of hair afterwards pale AND my edges were going to be nonexistent! I'm am so glad I didn't leave it in any longer. The look was nice but underneath the cuteness was hell on Earth!

I did a protein treatment to strengthen my hair using HV Protein Treatment and then a deep conditioning with HV Sitrinillah DC. When I washed out the DC my hair felt soooo oily. This happened the first time the used this DC. When I used my heat therapy wrap, I didn't have this problem. I ended up shampooing it out and using my trusty HE Totally Twisted. CONCLUSION: The only way I get benefits from using this DC is with heat...

Next issue to address: THESE RAGGEDY ENDS!

My hair needs some TLC!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 17th November 2010, 3:24 am

noooo jlow whyyyyy did u use glue??? Evil or Very Mad lol that stuff is damaging enough, and then your hair is colored so its already weakened more than it would be without color...keep us updated on your road to hair recovery!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th November 2010, 10:12 am

Oh wow, they used glue??? That's horrible! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. SitriNillah contains coconut and castor oils so I can see why it would make your fine hair oily. Give your hair the tlc it needs and those pretty curls will bounce back in no time. Very Happy

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th November 2010, 11:49 am

Oh honey I am sorry...but I know you will get it back in shape in no time flat! Hang in there!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th November 2010, 1:46 pm

Sorry to hear about the weave disaster. I think it is worst when we actually did the style our self...Sad Give your curls the TLC is desires. Now for the ragedy ends.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th November 2010, 2:04 pm

Awww...I'm sorry to hear that! No glue, ever again, girl ...it's a killer! Mad
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th November 2010, 3:04 pm

Awwww Sorry lil lady! I'm sure you will get the issue rectified and back on track in no time!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 17th November 2010, 3:33 pm

You used glue?!?!
*wallslide*

I am SO SO sorry. But never fear. We'll get your hair back to where it needs to be.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 17th November 2010, 8:47 pm

Hi jlowman, I'm sorry you've had this bad experience.

I hope your hair recovers soon!
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th November 2010, 2:38 am

iri9109 wrote:noooo jlow whyyyyy did u use glue??? Evil or Very Mad lol that stuff is damaging enough, and then your hair is colored so its already weakened more than it would be without color...keep us updated on your road to hair recovery!

LaToya28 wrote:Oh wow, they used glue??? That's horrible! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. SitriNillah contains coconut and castor oils so I can see why it would make your fine hair oily. Give your hair the tlc it needs and those pretty curls will bounce back in no time. Very Happy

sweetdrk1 wrote:Oh honey I am sorry...but I know you will get it back in shape in no time flat! Hang in there!

npmoore04 wrote:Sorry to hear about the weave disaster. I think it is worst when we actually did the style our self...Sad Give your curls the TLC is desires. Now for the ragedy ends.

TheRYL1 wrote:Awww...I'm sorry to hear that! No glue, ever again, girl ...it's a killer! Mad

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Awwww Sorry lil lady! I'm sure you will get the issue rectified and back on track in no time!!

PaganWifey wrote:You used glue?!?!
*wallslide*

I am SO SO sorry. But never fear. We'll get your hair back to where it needs to be.

Treece wrote:Hi jlowman, I'm sorry you've had this bad experience.

I hope your hair recovers soon!

Thanks so much ladies! Y'all are awesome, I feel a lot better. I should have know better. It was an invisible part so I only had glue around my part and on the end of the tracks, the rest was sewed in. I thought since it was only a small amount that I'd be fine. So much for that! I'll be doing plenty of scalp massages with castor oil to get back on track!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd November 2010, 5:59 pm

My hair is getting back to normal you guys & I am officially 11 months natural and I'll celebrate my one year next month on the 18th. woot!

I wanna be able to clip my dead and split ends better. I think to do this, I need to straighten my hair. So instead of buying a flat iron, I have purchased an Instyler Rotating Iron.
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 20 22222910
I did a little research, read plenty of reviews and watched lots of YT vids of people with natural hair using them and decided that this is the way I want to go. It should be here next week. I'll of course post pics and give my review after I use it.

As always thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful/safe Thanksgiving! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd November 2010, 6:42 pm

Congrats on 11 months ... it's a great feeling.

Have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd November 2010, 1:54 pm

Sorry about the "weave-event"! Sad Can't wait to see your hair with the instyler. I've only seen it on television, never in real life. Glad your back to your curls! I felt the same way (blending in) when I straightened mine a few weeks ago. It was nice and cute but not the me I've come to love. Hang in there.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd November 2010, 3:17 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Congrats on 11 months ... it's a great feeling.

Have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving ...

Thanks BBD! Very Happy

poeticlyspkng wrote:Sorry about the "weave-event"! Sad Can't wait to see your hair with the instyler. I've only seen it on television, never in real life. Glad your back to your curls! I felt the same way (blending in) when I straightened mine a few weeks ago. It was nice and cute but not the me I've come to love. Hang in there.

It really does make you feel like you blend it. I felt like I had lost my spunk, lol. When I straighten it, I doubt it'll last more than a day before it poofs up. Even my relaxed hair used to get really frizzy so I know my natural hair wont stand a chance. lol, thanks for stopping by Very Happy

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd November 2010, 3:22 pm

I am happy you are happy again! Enjoy the holidays!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd November 2010, 4:28 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am happy you are happy again! Enjoy the holidays!

Thanks Sweet! You do the same, I plan to eat my life away! Laughing
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 6:00 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 1st December 2010, 6:37 pm

nattyblog wrote:Happy Thanksgiving! Smile

Thanks Natty! Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Turkey Day... Very Happy

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next