CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 19 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by LaToya28 3rd November 2010, 12:49 pm

Yaaay for getting your products! Hairveda was the first natural line I used and they are really good products...hope you like them.

I really want to color my hair, but I'm scared. Are you having any issues with dryness?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 19 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 3rd November 2010, 4:29 pm

I used the protein treatment and the deep conditioner last night. So far so good, I wanna use the deep treatment with my heat therapy wrap next time and see if I notice a difference...

I haven't had any dryness issues as of yet. I keep my hair really moisturized and make sure to keep up with my deep conditioning. Sometimes twice a week but mostly once a week...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th November 2010, 6:57 am

Hey Jlow...

Had to stop by and see what you got from HairVeda. I've been watching those products for a while. I log on...order and will not hit send.

You give the best product reviews, so I'm waiting on your review of this line to determine if I'm going to finally try her products. I'm thinking about purchasing a few on Black Friday.

Oh...I've tried the Frosting....love that stuff!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th November 2010, 8:25 pm

So I've gotten around to trying these products out and here's my review!

- Methi Sativa Tea Step 1 Protein Treatment: Smells terrible! I mean really terrrible BUT it gets the job done. I hadn't had a protein treatment in months. I put this on after I shampooed my hair and left it on under a plastic for 15 mins. After washing out, as with all proteins treatments, it gave me that tough feeling. After that I used the deep conditioner to replenish moisture. It did its job. Nothing special. I could make my own treatment at home or buy something on the ground that gives me the same results so I would probably not repurchase.

- Vatika Frosting: I really like this product. Its like coconut oil on steroids. I had stopped using coconut oil for a while. No particular reason why, just got away from it but this stuff made me wanna come back. I used it as a pre-poo and as a sealant. I love the smell and the fact that it contains henna. I'd definitely repurchase.

- Almond Glaze:
I have to get used to this smell but I like the product. I used it for my edges and to "grease" my scalp. I'd equate the results to using a coconut oil/shea butter mix. This combo works the same for me so I probably would not repurchase.

- Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner: Saved the best for last! To give you an idea of the smell; remember those orange cream Flintstones Push Up Pops. Same exact smell! Almost makes you wanna eat the product. I used it with and without heat. I'd prefer it with heat. My hair felt more moisturized when I used my Heat Therapy Wrap. Could be my holy grail DC. I'm gonna stock up if they have it on sale for Black Friday.

Overall, I like Hairveda products. They have wonderful ingredients and the prices are very decent. I bought these during a sale so the turnaround was terrible but on average the site says about 5-10 days.

Hair Update: I'm in a sew in as a protective style so I'll be catching up on CSJ's for a while and wont be posting much on mine. I was trying to do the "invisible part" method. This took me about 4 hours or so. I had to take breaks to eat, I'm really greedy! lol... Here's the finished product:
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 19 Cimg0010

Of course I didn't keep it straight, I had to throw my Kim K curls in it! I love it though, its a change from the shorter hair for a while and I get a chance to keep my hands out my hair for at least a month, hopefully. I'm really bad at keeping weaves in any longer than two weeks.

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 10:03 pm

Lookin good! I was wondering about the conditioner. Thanks for the review.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th November 2010, 10:29 pm

Great review, I have to check out the conditioner! The hair looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th November 2010, 12:52 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Lookin good! I was wondering about the conditioner. Thanks for the review.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great review, I have to check out the conditioner! The hair looks great!

Thanks ladies & definitely check it out, its good stuff! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th November 2010, 2:05 pm

Great Review! You got me over here adding stuff to my Black Friday Wish list lol.

The sew in looks great!! I'm struggling with protective styles, and I don't think I'll be doing them much this winter lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 7th November 2010, 3:24 pm

thanks for the review that was on my black friday list and i may have to really try it.
sewin look good you did it your self? I wish i could , it would save me so much money.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th November 2010, 10:12 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Great Review! You got me over here adding stuff to my Black Friday Wish list lol.

The sew in looks great!! I'm struggling with protective styles, and I don't think I'll be doing them much this winter lol

Thanks mstokes2008 & Haha, I try not to be a product pusher silent but these are great products and pretty inexpensive compared to other brands...

priceless wrote:thanks for the review that was on my black friday list and i may have to really try it.
sewin look good you did it your self? I wish i could , it would save me so much money.

Thanks priceless! Yep I did it myself. I cant afford to get those $200+ installs so I watched a couple YT videos and practiced on my friends and eventually got better at them.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th November 2010, 8:02 pm

Great job on the sew in Jlo! I really want to try some yarn braids on someone due to watching so many YT vids on how easy they are.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th November 2010, 1:07 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Great job on the sew in Jlo! I really want to try some yarn braids on someone due to watching so many YT vids on how easy they are.

Thanks NP! They look really easy and pretty cool. I'd had never seen/heard of them until recently on YT.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th November 2010, 2:06 pm

Cute protective style!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th November 2010, 2:59 pm

Cute and you did a good job!!!

::Updating my Black Friday list::
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th November 2010, 5:42 pm

krazy coils wrote:Cute protective style!

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute and you did a good job!!!

::Updating my Black Friday list::

Thanks you guys! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th November 2010, 3:29 am

Hey JLo,
Had to stop by and check out that protective style. Saw your avi in another thread and was like wow, look at that. Your weave looks fabulous! A girl after my own heart. I can't wait for my hair to grow out and is long enough to be braided so I can get a curly sew in.

Looks really good on you.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th November 2010, 12:22 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey JLo,
Had to stop by and check out that protective style. Saw your avi in another thread and was like wow, look at that. Your weave looks fabulous! A girl after my own heart. I can't wait for my hair to grow out and is long enough to be braided so I can get a curly sew in.

Looks really good on you.

Thanks Dva! I'm missing my curls already, next time I'm gonna get curlier hair.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 19 Empty I Miss My Curls!

Post by jlowman1 13th November 2010, 3:17 pm

You guys I am missing my curls SO much. I didn't realize how much I had become attached to them until I got this weave. My curls made me stand out, they are much more fitting of my personality and they pronounce my features. I feel like my face is hidden behind all this hair. I feel like I blend in with the crowd. Apparently my peers have taken notice as well, everyone keeps saying, "OMG I like your hair but I miss your curls!"

I wanted to make it at least a month so I've got three more weeks to go. Hopefully I can make it. I do want to have it out before my 1 year anniversary on Dec. 18th; I can't wait!

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend flower
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th November 2010, 10:29 am

You can do it, but I know what you mean! The good thing is they bare there waiting for you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th November 2010, 2:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You can do it, but I know what you mean! The good thing is they bare there waiting for you!

Thanks for the encouragement Sweet, I'm gonna try my best! Smile
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th November 2010, 3:15 pm

Hey JLow!

I didn't know you did your own weave...WERK IT! :-)

I can surely relate to missing your curls...I feel "funny" without my hair! LOL I just think of the benefits...to help make the wait easier! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2010, 4:00 pm

wheeeeeew i had to do alot of catchin up!! hahaha u miss ur curls!! thats why im scared to drop any money on weave, braids n etc cuz i know within a week or 2 i'll miss my curls. last year even wit a twa i got my kinky twist around this time and i was on my pj kick so here i am sittin wit all this product and kinky twist Rolling Eyes WOMP-WOMP!! u did a good job to do ur own weave! i just cant afford to drop $2-anything on some hair thats gonna have me beatin the side of my head!

ok so on to ur reviews lol!

like knh i thought u were about to rave on the jc's, lol til it was like BAM!! i've yet to try them but only the nourish n shine and wrap loton is on my wish list. im guessing her products maybe more so for the 3 types or looser curls...sorta like mixed chicks (even though i havent tried them either) but at $34 for a tub, i wouldnt of been emailin them on tips...GIMME MY DMN MONEY BACK Mad cuz first of all, why in the heck would u price it so dmn HIGH? did they come wit VIP tkts to meet oprah or some shyt? WTH!!! like no really but i DIED at the 2 stars, hahahahaha Razz

looooove hairveda too! i actually meant to try them last blk fri sale but got it confused with AFROveda Neutral With the protein treatment, what made u get step 1 vs 2? i've been wanting to try it since reading newly natural review on it but she'd get the 2nd step to use as a DC scratch i've been using her acai berry condish for my protein treatments cuz it leaves my hair oh so soft. i do love the sitrinillah as one of my fave's becuz its definitely a reasonable price BUT my DB mask knocked it out the way Cool (that DB mask is unstoppable i tell u) but u did a good job! i had gotten the almond glaze for my "grease" but i like my pooka butter (as grease) better cuz its softer n more moisturizing. u cant go wrong wit the vatika frosting...giiiiiirl why didnt u get the cocasta oil??? thats definitely a MUST have from BJ! lynnie loves hers and i pretty much use it on everything from head to toe!

i LOOOOOOOVE ur reviews...keep em coming (within ur budget of course Wink )and hang in there wit the kdash weave, im hoping in sending u encouragement it'll help me build my own self up!

P.S. i like buying stuff people dont like too, so i aint gotta worry bout em eatin it, lol. that is so greedy of me **evil laugh** mwwhaaahahahaa
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2010, 4:09 pm

oh yea one more thing...if u just so happen to go back silent pick up some of the noi nah thai butter. its thick but soft n creamy. i use it as a body butter (along with the whipped clouds) but its so moisturizing i'd love to try it on my hair but my skin is bein stingy!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th November 2010, 5:02 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey JLow!

I didn't know you did your own weave...WERK IT! :-)

I can surely relate to missing your curls...I feel "funny" without my hair! LOL I just think of the benefits...to help make the wait easier! cheers

Hehehe... Thanks RYL1! Very Happy I definitely can relate to feeling funny. I've also realized I dont like hair in my face anymore. It gets stuck to my lip gloss and just gets all in the way, so I've become very acquainted with pony tails! Laughing

NubieNatty wrote:wheeeeeew i had to do alot of catchin up!! hahaha u miss ur curls!! thats why im scared to drop any money on weave, braids n etc cuz i know within a week or 2 i'll miss my curls. last year even wit a twa i got my kinky twist around this time and i was on my pj kick so here i am sittin wit all this product and kinky twist Rolling Eyes WOMP-WOMP!! u did a good job to do ur own weave! i just cant afford to drop $2-anything on some hair thats gonna have me beatin the side of my head!

ok so on to ur reviews lol!

like knh i thought u were about to rave on the jc's, lol til it was like BAM!! i've yet to try them but only the nourish n shine and wrap loton is on my wish list. im guessing her products maybe more so for the 3 types or looser curls...sorta like mixed chicks (even though i havent tried them either) but at $34 for a tub, i wouldnt of been emailin them on tips...GIMME MY DMN MONEY BACK Mad cuz first of all, why in the heck would u price it so dmn HIGH? did they come wit VIP tkts to meet oprah or some shyt? WTH!!! like no really but i DIED at the 2 stars, hahahahaha Razz

looooove hairveda too! i actually meant to try them last blk fri sale but got it confused with AFROveda Neutral With the protein treatment, what made u get step 1 vs 2? i've been wanting to try it since reading newly natural review on it but she'd get the 2nd step to use as a DC scratch i've been using her acai berry condish for my protein treatments cuz it leaves my hair oh so soft. i do love the sitrinillah as one of my fave's becuz its definitely a reasonable price BUT my DB mask knocked it out the way Cool (that DB mask is unstoppable i tell u) but u did a good job! i had gotten the almond glaze for my "grease" but i like my pooka butter (as grease) better cuz its softer n more moisturizing. u cant go wrong wit the vatika frosting...giiiiiirl why didnt u get the cocasta oil??? thats definitely a MUST have from BJ! lynnie loves hers and i pretty much use it on everything from head to toe!

i LOOOOOOOVE ur reviews...keep em coming (within ur budget of course Wink )and hang in there wit the kdash weave, im hoping in sending u encouragement it'll help me build my own self up!

P.S. i like buying stuff people dont like too, so i aint gotta worry bout em eatin it, lol. that is so greedy of me **evil laugh** mwwhaaahahahaa

NubieNatty wrote:oh yea one more thing...if u just so happen to go back silent pick up some of the noi nah thai butter. its thick but soft n creamy. i use it as a body butter (along with the whipped clouds) but its so moisturizing i'd love to try it on my hair but my skin is bein stingy!

I am soooo still gonna get all my Black Friday products even though I wont be able to try them right away. Ahhhhh, the life of a PJ! lol, I wanted to try Mixed Chicks but I also peeped that it looks like it works better for the looser curl types so I'll leave that one alone.

Im glad you all are liking the reviews, I try to be as honest as possible... Smile After I do protein treatments I always do a deep conditioner and that's all that step 2 is. I purchased the Sitrinillah so I figured, I'd just use that instead. Sort of kill two birds with one stone instead of buying two DCs at the same time. I am sooooo mad at myself (dunno what I was thinking) that I didnt get the Cocasta oil. I'll try and get it on Black Friday if she has it on sale again.

Thanks for the weave encouragement, you had me CRACKING up when you said the Wendy weave in the makeup thread. It TOTALLY looks like Season One Wendy. She's gotten all conservative this season. Its Wendy, I saw let it all hang out. That's what we know her for!

And about this Noi Nah Thai butter, where is it? I cant find it on the site scratch Have you tried the Green Tea Butter and Whipped Gelly? I think Im gonna put those two on my list too. I've heard good things about them.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th November 2010, 1:54 am

ur weave is cute!! u got skills...i know how you feel about missing your curls!! imagine having them up under a weave for almost 2 months! Sad but at least its protective!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next