CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:19 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Love the new avatar!

Going to Makeup thread to see if you posted look on there.

I do plan to try the BeeMine line. I have heard great things about the moisturizer.

Thanks Chrs! I didnt post it, I forgot! Sorry...I will be on it next time! & Definitely get on the BeeMine train, you wont be disappointed. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by NhappyJackie 14th June 2010, 11:29 am

Thanks for review, but your hair and new av are definitly the star attraction right now. LOVE IT!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:41 am

NhappyJackie wrote:Thanks for review, but your hair and new av are definitly the star attraction right now. LOVE IT!!!!!

Aww, thanks so much NJ! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th June 2010, 12:13 pm

Love the new avatar!!! Very cute!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 12:22 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Love the new avatar!!! Very cute!!

Thanks Lynnie! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 2:59 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:My schedule is always conflicted J! And I want my Master major to be something Psych just don't know what area yet. Right now I am almost finished with my B.A. in Child and Family Studies, being a Psych major is interesting.....

Working with patients is even more interesting. I used to work on the geriatric psych floor at a hospital for a few months and those people were a trip. Sometimes it was fun but other times...... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek
I used to work in a Alzheimer's Unit for a bit and I KNOW what you are talking about granny would turn renegade inna minute on me if I said the wrong thing!**SMH**

Yup and then turn around the next day...or a even a few minutes later and be sweet as pie jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

WHOA! LOL jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek , I work in Human Resources at the moment and you would be surprised at how interesting people are outside of the classroom, especially professors lol Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, how in the world did you get a degree??? Then there are those people that have every degree possible but have not the slightest bit of common sense!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Bee Mine, huh?! You sound like me. If I see the ingredient list of a product line and Grace's (hair's name) faves are included, I get it or put them on to-get list. I am starting to get the whole line or most of the line now to see how the products work together.

For KBB, I like Egyptian Musk, Coco Mango, Cranberry Cocktail, Vanilla Latte and Oatmeal Honey.

I received my BA in psychology also! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin I really liked I/O. Thought about getting master's in it but I was "schooled" out--raised family, worked full-time, attended school daggone near full-time for three years.

That's a great idea. I'm going to sit down and write down the top 5 ingredients on my fav products and see EXACTLY what my hair likes. That way I can narrow down products and curb my PJ habits. lol

Oatmeal Honey & Cranberry Cocktail sounds delish! I've gotta try those next time I order the Hair Milk. Do she have annual sales like many of the other natural lines do?

I/O sounds good. I was thinking maybe that or Human Resources Management. My mind is everywhere with school and what I exactly want to do.

That is hialrious! I work in HR as well at a university and I got my BS in HRM and the same professors i had when i was a student have no clue how to follow the easiest instructions. I always wonder and you got your PhD from where? But a few have admitted that they don't read instructions. SMH But they have the nerve to be hard on students who miss deadlines. OH YEAH LOVE YOUR NEW AVI!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th June 2010, 4:37 pm

The avi is FABULOUS!!! Love the do, it's to fly, chica!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 5:52 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:My schedule is always conflicted J! And I want my Master major to be something Psych just don't know what area yet. Right now I am almost finished with my B.A. in Child and Family Studies, being a Psych major is interesting.....

Working with patients is even more interesting. I used to work on the geriatric psych floor at a hospital for a few months and those people were a trip. Sometimes it was fun but other times...... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek
I used to work in a Alzheimer's Unit for a bit and I KNOW what you are talking about granny would turn renegade inna minute on me if I said the wrong thing!**SMH**

Yup and then turn around the next day...or a even a few minutes later and be sweet as pie jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

WHOA! LOL jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek , I work in Human Resources at the moment and you would be surprised at how interesting people are outside of the classroom, especially professors lol Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, how in the world did you get a degree??? Then there are those people that have every degree possible but have not the slightest bit of common sense!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Bee Mine, huh?! You sound like me. If I see the ingredient list of a product line and Grace's (hair's name) faves are included, I get it or put them on to-get list. I am starting to get the whole line or most of the line now to see how the products work together.

For KBB, I like Egyptian Musk, Coco Mango, Cranberry Cocktail, Vanilla Latte and Oatmeal Honey.

I received my BA in psychology also! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin I really liked I/O. Thought about getting master's in it but I was "schooled" out--raised family, worked full-time, attended school daggone near full-time for three years.

That's a great idea. I'm going to sit down and write down the top 5 ingredients on my fav products and see EXACTLY what my hair likes. That way I can narrow down products and curb my PJ habits. lol

Oatmeal Honey & Cranberry Cocktail sounds delish! I've gotta try those next time I order the Hair Milk. Do she have annual sales like many of the other natural lines do?

I/O sounds good. I was thinking maybe that or Human Resources Management. My mind is everywhere with school and what I exactly want to do.

That is hialrious! I work in HR as well at a university and I got my BS in HRM and the same professors i had when i was a student have no clue how to follow the easiest instructions. I always wonder and you got your PhD from where? But a few have admitted that they don't read instructions. SMH But they have the nerve to be hard on students who miss deadlines. OH YEAH LOVE YOUR NEW AVI!!

Thanks Npmoore! That is so true, they dont read instructions! We had a guy (who is a DEPARTMENT HEAD jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Suspect ) who waited until the day AFTER the deadline for Open Enrollment to bring in his Flex Spending form. He comes in that day and throws a fit, I mean loud slamming doors, stomping. It was truly a sight to see this professor with a PhD act like my little sister when she can't get her way.

CurlsGalore wrote:The avi is FABULOUS!!! Love the do, it's to fly, chica!

Thanks CG! Yours is fab too, love the flower!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th June 2010, 11:09 pm

Girl, I was like, OMG, I didn't know your hair was that long!!! Lol. But I think it looks great. I plan on getting some sew ins come fall. But curly of course, can't do the bone straight long yaky NO MORE. Lol. Have me lookin like Nikki Minaj. Lmao.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 14th June 2010, 11:15 pm

jlowman1 wrote:

Thanks Npmoore! That is so true, they dont read instructions! We had a guy (who is a DEPARTMENT HEAD jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Suspect ) who waited until the day AFTER the deadline for Open Enrollment to bring in his Flex Spending form. He comes in that day and throws a fit, I mean loud slamming doors, stomping. It was truly a sight to see this professor with a PhD act like my little sister when she can't get her way.

Yeah a lot of the professors seem to have a little something "not right" about them. I thought that when I had my interview last summer with the Psych department head...I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew he was a little more than weird. Then I found out he actually has Asperger's or is Autistic...can't remember which.

Just because you're book smart doesn't mean you have people skills...most of the time it's quite the opposite jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th June 2010, 11:19 pm

cute avi
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:22 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Girl, I was like, OMG, I didn't know your hair was that long!!! Lol. But I think it looks great. I plan on getting some sew ins come fall. But curly of course, can't do the bone straight long yaky NO MORE. Lol. Have me lookin like Nikki Minaj. Lmao.

Hahaha, thanks! That is toooo funny! I used to love my Milky Way Yaky or Remi silky straight. I would miss my curls too much now, plus I wouldn't want to risk the heat damage by flat ironing the little part that I left out in the top. I love it though, it cost me all of $20 to do.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:23 pm

priceless wrote:cute avi

Thanks Priceless! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:26 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

Yeah a lot of the professors seem to have a little something "not right" about them. I thought that when I had my interview last summer with the Psych department head...I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew he was a little more than weird. Then I found out he actually has Asperger's or is Autistic...can't remember which.

Just because you're book smart doesn't mean you have people skills...most of the time it's quite the opposite jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_eek

OMGGGGG Janet jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_pale , he is who Im talking about! I dont wanna name drop but you are right on the money. He is SOMETHING ELSE!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th June 2010, 11:30 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Girl, I was like, OMG, I didn't know your hair was that long!!! Lol. But I think it looks great. I plan on getting some sew ins come fall. But curly of course, can't do the bone straight long yaky NO MORE. Lol. Have me lookin like Nikki Minaj. Lmao.

Hahaha, thanks! That is toooo funny! I used to love my Milky Way Yaky or Remi silky straight. I would miss my curls too much now, plus I wouldn't want to risk the heat damage by flat ironing the little part that I left out in the top. I love it though, it cost me all of $20 to do.

Girl me too! I was paying $80 a bag for Remi. And you're right about the heat damage. I wore weave during my transition. I think that's why my front part has no curl. I used to think that was just the pattern, but the more I take care of my hair, the rest of it all curls the same way except for the front.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 11:46 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

Girl me too! I was paying $80 a bag for Remi. And you're right about the heat damage. I wore weave during my transition. I think that's why my front part has no curl. I used to think that was just the pattern, but the more I take care of my hair, the rest of it all curls the same way except for the front.

I think I got heat damage in the front of my hair from flat ironing when I transitioned too. It curls but not like the rest but I'm not sure if its damage or if I just have a looser curl in the front. I guess I'll see as it grows out.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 15th June 2010, 2:26 am

jlowman1 wrote:

OMGGGGG Janet jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_pale , he is who Im talking about! I dont wanna name drop but you are right on the money. He is SOMETHING ELSE!

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_lol I thought about him when you said it but you didn't say it was a psych person so I figured it was one of the others lol. I can imagine him throwing a hissy fit.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th June 2010, 2:13 pm

love the avi! what kinda hair(and length) did u use, cuz i plan on getting a sew-in in the fall
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th June 2010, 3:01 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_lol I thought about him when you said it but you didn't say it was a psych person so I figured it was one of the others lol. I can imagine him throwing a hissy fit.

I have got to tell my coworker. She's been thinking something is wrong with him ever since. Now I've got to tell her something REALLY IS wrong with him. Wow!

iri9109 wrote:love the avi! what kinda hair(and length) did u use, cuz i plan on getting a sew-in in the fall

Thanks iri9109...The hair is called Milky Way Corkscrew Human Hair and I think it all comes in one length. It comes like 3 pcs in a box! I hope you love it as much as I do. I think this will be my go to protective style for the fall as well.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 15th June 2010, 5:55 pm

I'm such a weave novice...I thought it was your hair jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_redface

It is cute though!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th June 2010, 6:08 pm

Janet36603 wrote:I'm such a weave novice...I thought it was your hair jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_redface

It is cute though!

Thanks J & Haha, you aren't the only one. Everyone has been saying, Wow your hair grew so fast! Lmao, now y'all know my hair hasn't grown that doggone fast! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 16th June 2010, 9:15 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

You could not have said it better. Some of my Economics professors where the dumbest smart people ever. They could solves the hardest equation but couldn't get a computer lab reserved or give a TA the right directions.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th June 2010, 1:45 pm

Your avi is super cute!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th June 2010, 2:06 pm

Neems wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

You could not have said it better. Some of my Economics professors where the dumbest smart people ever. They could solves the hardest equation but couldn't get a computer lab reserved or give a TA the right directions.

That's horrible, Oh the people of higher education! lol

LaToya28 wrote:Your avi is super cute!

Thanks LaToya28! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 17th June 2010, 2:25 pm

Ok I was one of those that had to take a double take thinking your hair grew that fast but I see it didn't. It still look great on you and that is my winter style to I see there will be alot of us doing the winter sew in.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next