CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by Curly_Aquarius 2nd June 2010, 1:09 pm

J so what are your hair plans for the weekend?
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 2nd June 2010, 5:50 pm

Sorry about the late replies guys, my "thing-a-ma-jigger" wasnt letting me know that you all were writing in my journal... ANYWHO jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Janet36603 wrote:Hope you had a good break and I know you're SO excited for class tomorrow (if you even have class tomorrow lol). I know we both ran to the bank (at least I did) when the financial aid finally came through last Thursday. My kitchen is very happy to have groceries lol

I didnt have class on Tuesday! Thank goodness. I cheat, I usually set my classes up where I only have class two days a week. Im soooo lazy, lol! Mine FINALLY came through on Saturday morning and it was thoroughly spent on Saturday night! Im soooo bad! hahaha, but I did get some groceries so I'll have nice hair and a full belly! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lol

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Jlowman

Great review of the KBB Hair Milk. I like KBB products...I've tried the hair serum, samples of the (nectar, milk, hair cream, hair butter) and I just love her deep conditioner.

I can't wait for your review of the Bee Mine products! I have the curly butter, and just received samples of the milk, moisture spritz, conditioner and moisturizer. I've only used the curly butter and I must say I really like the results I get with my twists out!!

It's so good to hear that you are actually budgeting your funds while you are in college!! Very smart!!!

KNH

Thanks KNH! I really want to try the deep conditioner and the hair cream. What scents do you usually get your KBB products in? There are so many that they are so hard to choose from. I work but my Ma always stresses to me that I should buy something for myself (so I dont feel like Im just working to pay my bills) and I choose to spend it on my PJ habits! Haha, I think I try a new product line every month. Its all in good fun though, Im learning my hair and I know my limits within my budget.

Im so anxious to get the Bee Mine products! I've heard they are really good and seeing your results makes me even more giddy. lol

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey J! How are you girl? Very Happy

Curly_Aquarius wrote:J so what are your hair plans for the
weekend?

Heyyy! Im great, how are you getting along?
My weekend hair plans may consist of a henna treatment. Im not sure yet though, my week has been pretty hectic so I may be too tired. Im trying to be more consistent with them, but my schedule is laughing in my face though. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd June 2010, 6:06 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
naturalchic wrote:im glad to see you all in school...what are you guys studying?? im in school too getting my doctorate.

That's awesome! Im getting my BS in Psychology and Janet^^^ is working on her Master's in Pyschology!

I have mine is psychology too. O hi, jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd June 2010, 6:19 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:
naturalchic wrote:im glad to see you all in school...what are you guys studying?? im in school too getting my doctorate.

That's awesome! Im getting my BS in Psychology and Janet^^^ is working on her Master's in Pyschology!

I have mine is psychology too. O hi, jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Hey Crissy Q! Did you go on to get your MS in Psych as well? I'm conflicted on what I want to do with it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 2nd June 2010, 6:33 pm

Now whenever I'm on campus I wonder if I'll bump into you lol. I wish I could decide when my classes were. In grad school they only offer them at certain times so you have to take them when they have them. I wind up having class with the same 10 or so people every semester lol.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 12:58 pm

My schedule is always conflicted J! And I want my Master major to be something Psych just don't know what area yet. Right now I am almost finished with my B.A. in Child and Family Studies, being a Psych major is interesting.....
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 3rd June 2010, 3:23 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:My schedule is always conflicted J! And I want my Master major to be something Psych just don't know what area yet. Right now I am almost finished with my B.A. in Child and Family Studies, being a Psych major is interesting.....

Working with patients is even more interesting. I used to work on the geriatric psych floor at a hospital for a few months and those people were a trip. Sometimes it was fun but other times...... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_eek
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 3:29 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:My schedule is always conflicted J! And I want my Master major to be something Psych just don't know what area yet. Right now I am almost finished with my B.A. in Child and Family Studies, being a Psych major is interesting.....

Working with patients is even more interesting. I used to work on the geriatric psych floor at a hospital for a few months and those people were a trip. Sometimes it was fun but other times...... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_eek
I used to work in a Alzheimer's Unit for a bit and I KNOW what you are talking about granny would turn renegade inna minute on me if I said the wrong thing!**SMH**
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 3rd June 2010, 6:58 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:

I used to work in a Alzheimer's Unit for a bit and I KNOW what you are talking about granny would turn renegade inna minute on me if I said the wrong thing!**SMH**

Yup and then turn around the next day...or a even a few minutes later and be sweet as pie jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th June 2010, 10:55 am

Bee Mine, huh?! You sound like me. If I see the ingredient list of a product line and Grace's (hair's name) faves are included, I get it or put them on to-get list. I am starting to get the whole line or most of the line now to see how the products work together.

For KBB, I like Egyptian Musk, Coco Mango, Cranberry Cocktail, Vanilla Latte and Oatmeal Honey.

I received my BA in psychology also! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I really liked I/O. Thought about getting master's in it but I was "schooled" out--raised family, worked full-time, attended school daggone near full-time for three years.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th June 2010, 5:41 pm

Janet36603 wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Janet36603 wrote:

Yup and then turn around the next day...or a even a few minutes later and be sweet as pie jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

WHOA! LOL jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_eek , I work in Human Resources at the moment and you would be surprised at how interesting people are outside of the classroom, especially professors lol Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, how in the world did you get a degree??? Then there are those people that have every degree possible but have not the slightest bit of common sense!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Bee Mine, huh?! You sound like me. If I see the ingredient list of a product line and Grace's (hair's name) faves are included, I get it or put them on to-get list. I am starting to get the whole line or most of the line now to see how the products work together.

For KBB, I like Egyptian Musk, Coco Mango, Cranberry Cocktail, Vanilla Latte and Oatmeal Honey.

I received my BA in psychology also! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I really liked I/O. Thought about getting master's in it but I was "schooled" out--raised family, worked full-time, attended school daggone near full-time for three years.

That's a great idea. I'm going to sit down and write down the top 5 ingredients on my fav products and see EXACTLY what my hair likes. That way I can narrow down products and curb my PJ habits. lol

Oatmeal Honey & Cranberry Cocktail sounds delish! I've gotta try those next time I order the Hair Milk. Do she have annual sales like many of the other natural lines do?

I/O sounds good. I was thinking maybe that or Human Resources Management. My mind is everywhere with school and what I exactly want to do.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 5th June 2010, 10:27 am

You don't have to know exactly what you want to do now. Maybe a little closer to graduation lol. I just wanna be like Curly Nikki when I grow up lol

P.S. but if you or any other curlies have questions about applying to grad school, or taking the GRE or things like that, I'd be more than happy to try to answer them jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th June 2010, 9:43 pm

Janet36603 wrote:You don't have to know exactly what you want to do now. Maybe a little closer to graduation lol. I just wanna be like Curly Nikki when I grow up lol

P.S. but if you or any other curlies have questions about applying to grad school, or taking the GRE or things like that, I'd be more than happy to try to answer them jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Janet! I've still got about another year and a half but the closer I get the more I start looking like this: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_eek !
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th June 2010, 10:25 pm

Ok ladies so I've got some good news and some bad news.... Well I'll kick the bad first and then follow it up with the good.

So I go to use my camera the other day, hit the power button and I see NOTHING. After tampering with it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it cant be saved. Its done-zo so the only pics I'll be able to post of my hair will be cell phone pics and the quality is not that great on my cell. Ugh, if it ain't one thing, its another... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

The GOOD news is, I received my Bee Mine products. Y'all these products are the TRUTH! I'm going to use them consistently for a week so I can give a thorough review but so far I am loving my results! So my list of things to review is:

-Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and Baby Buttercreme
-Bee Mine products (4 items from the line)
-Afroveda's Sunsilk Citrus Hair Oil
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 10:32 pm

WHOA! LOL , I work in Human Resources at the moment and you would be surprised at how interesting people are outside of the classroom, especially professors lol Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, how in the world did you get a degree??? Then there are those people that have every degree possible but have not the slightest bit of common sense!
J, My grandma said you can be book smart and total not street smart or people smart so I guess that goes across the board.
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th June 2010, 12:37 am

Hey Jlowman! So what did you get from beemine. And yes, inquiring PJ's want to know. At least mine does. Smile
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th June 2010, 12:43 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
WHOA! LOL , I work in Human Resources at the moment and you would be surprised at how interesting people are outside of the classroom, especially professors lol Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, how in the world did you get a degree??? Then there are those people that have every degree possible but have not the slightest bit of common sense!
J, My grandma said you can be book smart and total not street smart or people smart so I guess that goes across the board.

Grandma is telling the truth! lol

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Jlowman! So what did you get from beemine. And yes, inquiring PJ's want to know. At least mine does. Smile

Heyyyy! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I got the Mango Serum w/ Sulfur, Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner, Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and Bee Hold Curly Butter in Coconut Cream!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th June 2010, 12:57 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Ok ladies so I've got some good news and some bad news.... Well I'll kick the bad first and then follow it up with the good.

So I go to use my camera the other day, hit the power button and I see NOTHING. After tampering with it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it cant be saved. Its done-zo so the only pics I'll be able to post of my hair will be cell phone pics and the quality is not that great on my cell. Ugh, if it ain't one thing, its another... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

The GOOD news is, I received my Bee Mine products. Y'all these products are the TRUTH! I'm going to use them consistently for a week so I can give a thorough review but so far I am loving my results! So my list of things to review is:

I like Bee Mine as well..but UFD kinda took over right now!! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I usually order CoCo Lime when ordering anything...I just love that smell!!

I can't wait until you do the Bee Mine review!! I order the sample pack so I may try that again later in the summer!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th June 2010, 3:38 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:Ok ladies so I've got some good news and some bad news.... Well I'll kick the bad first and then follow it up with the good.

I like Bee Mine as well..but UFD kinda took over right now!! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I usually order CoCo Lime when ordering anything...I just love that smell!!

I can't wait until you do the Bee Mine review!! I order the sample pack so I may try that again later in the summer!!

KNH

Uncle Funky's Daughter looks like a great line! *curbing product junkie now* I'm going to try to use up all the things I have and then try new things. I remember when Bath and Body Works came out with a Coconut Lime fragrance and I loved it. I never thought about to try it with the KBB products! Thanks! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th June 2010, 3:46 pm

Hey yall! I have an update.
I was getting a little bored with my hair so I decided to do a sew in. This will also give me a chance to keep my hands out of my hair. Im hoping it lasts for at least a month. I loooove it. Its what I want my hair to look like when it grows up! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lol

Front:
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lishab10

Side:
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lishab11

Ok on to the review. I'm going to do two now and two probably next week. The two I'm going to do first are the:

Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Avcbc10

Prices: 8oz=$12.97, 16oz=$20, 32oz=$38 & 128oz/Gallon=$124

Review:
This conditioner is amazing. I cant quite put my finger on the smell. It's something I've smelled before but I cant think of what it is. It has a thinner consistency than most conditioner but that doesn't mean they skimped on quality. It detangles like a DREAM. It reminds me of KKKT. This is definitely something I can see myself purchasing again. They've started selling bigger sizes as well so I will invest in those. It kept my hair so moisturized and defined my curls. Love this stuff!

and

Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Lbcm11

Prices: 8oz=$18 & 16oz=$34

Review:
OMG yall! If you are looking for a moisturizer, THIS IS IT! It defines curls like crazy. It has a sweet smell and a thick whipped pudding like consistency. Love it. I used it on dry hair and wet hair for a wash and go and my hair looked amazing. I got lots of compliments on the look and
smell. They sell this in a larger size as well.

Bee Mine is a wonderful company. All the ingredients are organic and natural. The prices are also reasonable. They have a Deep Conditioner coming out soon and I cant wait to scoop it up! I give Bee Mine a 5/5. Love this stuff, definitely a staple for me!

Last edited by jlowman1 on 13th June 2010, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th June 2010, 8:47 pm

Love the new avi!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th June 2010, 8:50 pm

krazy coils wrote:Love the new avi!

Thanks Krazy Coils! I love yours too, the hair is looking FAB! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 13th June 2010, 9:23 pm

Hey Jlowman,
When I saw you had a review of Bee Mine in the title of your CSJ thread I had to stop through. I so want to try these products. My big sis KrazyCoils got me interested and once I checked out the ingredients I was like Adora (my hair) might really like those.

I may purchase sometime in the next month or so. I have plenty of stuff to use so there is no pressing reason for me to have other than my PJ desire LOL!

Enjoyed reading your thread. I've been thinking about a curly sew in too. We'll see. I've been enjoying not going to a salon and saving hundreds, probably thousands, from not weaving.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th June 2010, 9:51 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Jlowman,
When I saw you had a review of Bee Mine in the title of your CSJ thread I had to stop through. I so want to try these products. My big sis KrazyCoils got me interested and once I checked out the ingredients I was like Adora (my hair) might really like those.

I may purchase sometime in the next month or so. I have plenty of stuff to use so there is no pressing reason for me to have other than my PJ desire LOL!

Enjoyed reading your thread. I've been thinking about a curly sew in too. We'll see. I've been enjoying not going to a salon and saving hundreds, probably thousands, from not weaving.

You are going to love them. They are the best thing I have tried on my hair since I BCed. I wanna go ahead and reorder so I don't run out. They are just that good! I actually did it myself, I spent all of $20. If I had of gone to a salon, I wouldn't been out of at least $80!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:09 am

Love the new avatar!

Going to Makeup thread to see if you posted look on there.

I do plan to try the BeeMine line. I have heard great things about the moisturizer.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next