CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 17 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by NubieNatty 5th October 2010, 12:50 pm

oooooh giiiiiirl u are showin OUT wit that avi girl, too much cuteness is ooozin off the screen chile'! love the twist out...i think everyone is chunky twistin it up around here these days! but yes the color...great job! honey blonde has always been a good color to fall back on for any skin tone esp without lightening it up. ive yet to use my henna and now im so torn...do i wanna box color it THEN henna or vice versus! EEK!! u look good though, i love it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 17 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by TheRYL1 5th October 2010, 12:54 pm

Lookin' good...that's the perfect color! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 5th October 2010, 1:47 pm

Just stopping by to say I love your new avi and the chunky twist out looks fabulous.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th October 2010, 4:03 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Your new avi is cute!!

CrissyQ wrote:I like that color, it looks great on you. the avi is hawt too.

TheRYL1 wrote:Lookin' good...that's the perfect color! ;-)

freckledmom4 wrote:Just stopping by to say I love your new avi and the chunky twist out looks fabulous.

Thanks so much ladies! You guys are so sweet! Very Happy

NubieNatty wrote:oooooh giiiiiirl u are showin OUT wit that avi girl, too much cuteness is ooozin off the screen chile'! love the twist out...i think everyone is chunky twistin it up around here these days! but yes the color...great job! honey blonde has always been a good color to fall back on for any skin tone esp without lightening it up. ive yet to use my henna and now im so torn...do i wanna box color it THEN henna or vice versus! EEK!! u look good though, i love it.

LoL, thanks Nubie! The chunky twistout is where its at! I did a blowout then twistout via NaturalChica's new YT videos and I LOVE it. My hair has so much body and its huge.

I've done it both ways. Box color than henna. I hennaed over blonde. I had Rihanna's current Ronald McDonald colored wig highlights. It was soooo bright Shocked ... Then just recently I went back to a box color over my hennaed hair and that's how I got my current color. Its like brown with reddish undertones. I like it even better than the color that was actually on the box.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th October 2010, 9:28 am

blow out with twist out? me likey!!!

I love the fun of color. I think being able to color your hair is the best makeover feeling. Plus hair color is getting better and better. Much nicer to your hair...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th October 2010, 12:54 pm

swoodward wrote:blow out with twist out? me likey!!!

I love the fun of color. I think being able to color your hair is the best makeover feeling. Plus hair color is getting better and better. Much nicer to your hair...

Thanks Swoodward! I'm loving your new avi, look at all that hair! Shocked

I agree, color is a great way to play with your look if you want a change.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 13th October 2010, 9:51 pm

thanks!

your avi is very stylish!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th October 2010, 3:14 pm

I've been featured on one of my fave natural hair blogs, Kinky Curly Coily Me. You can check it out here!

Of course, this was before my hair color so my routine has changed a bit since then...

Hair update: I havent been doing anything with my hair. Its gotten to the point were I dont like the way it looks in wash and goes so I've been doing chunky twistouts via the NaturalChica blowout video. I've been keeping up with my deep conditionings since I have color. The hair therapy wrap REALLY makes a difference. I havent been noticing any ill effects from my color, which is a great thing. Lets see what else... My Afroveda order has been shipped so I cant wait to get that. Other than that, nothing special is going on in the hair world.

Hair today: Simple puff, nothing too shabby! Very Happy jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 17 Cimg0017

Thanks for stopping by and have a WONDERFUL weekend!

I almost forgot; I get to try the Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream this weekend, so look out for a review soon!

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th October 2010, 11:15 pm

Nice feature!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th October 2010, 11:37 pm

The puff is cute! I checked out your featured article-very nice. Now I have yet another blog to add to my list-lol. Your hair has grown a lot in 10 months.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th October 2010, 1:46 pm

Great feature article! I know what you mean about not liking how your hair falls now, I am right with you! Your hair looks great, I love the Avi!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th October 2010, 2:18 pm

swoodward wrote:Nice feature!

Thanks swoodward! Very Happy

freckledmom4 wrote:The puff is cute! I checked out your featured article-very nice. Now I have yet another blog to add to my list-lol. Your hair has grown a lot in 10 months.

Thanks freckledmom4! My blogger dashboard is FULL of nothing but natural hair blogs. I just cant get enough. & my one year will be here before I know it, time flies when you're having fun! lol!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great feature article! I know what you mean about not liking how your hair falls now, I am right with you! Your hair looks great, I love the Avi!

Thanks sweet! It'll get better with length, I'm trying Neutral to be patient with it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th October 2010, 2:36 pm

Great feature. Hope all is well.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th October 2010, 11:52 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Great feature. Hope all is well.

Thanks JnB! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th October 2010, 12:10 am

i keep seein that big azz yellow bottle of JC on cn main screen, lol, cant wait to see ur review!! i've yet to try anything from her scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 17 Empty Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream Review!

Post by jlowman1 18th October 2010, 1:07 am

So yea, here it goes as promised, my review on the Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream...

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 17 Cimg0019
Price: $34, 16 oz

Ingredients: Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

Site Says: "Eliminate curl shrinkage! Curl Defining Cream is light-weight, all natural product formulated to lengthen and define your natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish.

Water soluble, Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!"

I Say: I went by the instructions. Started with freshly washed and detangled hair, used a little Suave Tropical Coconut as my leave in, started shingling and smoothing the cream in sections then sat under a hooded dryer for 15 mins. It goes on white and creamy but dries clear.This stuff definitely defines my curls. Probably the most defined I have ever seen them. I mean, no frizz, no shine, nothing but defined crunchy curls sitting atop my head. I looked ridiculous. It did NOT lengthen my curls whatsoever. They were just as shrunken as they always are. The smell is terrible. My mom walks in my room and says "Eww, you smell like liniment?" I was expecting the usual citrus smell that accompanies JC products but that is NOT what I got. The consistency is gooey but not sticky. Very weird, almost pudding like but a little thinner. It did not moisturize my hair at all. My hair felt like straw, hay-like, just horrible. I ended up spraying it with JC Leave In, adding HEHH, detangling and placing my hair in braids for a braid out.

This ish right here (in my Katt Williams voice) is NOT the business. A $34 tub of goo! In all I'd give it Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven / Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven ... One because I got $5 bucks off and two because it did define my curls...

I'll probably salvage this by using it as a styling cream for braidouts and twistouts. Save your money ladies, you could find something much better and much cheaper than this.

Idea THOUGHT: I'm thinking this would be more useful for longer haired curlies???
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th October 2010, 11:40 am

Awwww man! I had so much hope for that JC creme. Too bad. Thanks for the review!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th October 2010, 11:46 am

Wow! Thanks for stopping me because I was sure gonna get me a bottle!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th October 2010, 1:27 pm

Hey Jlowman1!

Good lookin' out with the JC creme review! LOL

I only have a small sample size of the Nourish & Shine...and I thought the same thing...it STINKS...kinda medicine-y!

I'm sorry after $34 bucks this is the thanks you get! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th October 2010, 2:47 pm

Hey Jlow

Great review...I've never wanted to purchase JC products. Don't know why.

As I started reading I thought you were going to say good things, and then you hit us with the truth!! Loved it!! Very Happy

Oh by the way...great feature and I love that puff!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th October 2010, 12:59 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Awwww man! I had so much hope for that JC creme. Too bad. Thanks for the review!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Wow! Thanks for stopping me because I was sure gonna get me a bottle!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Jlowman1!

Good lookin' out with the JC creme review! LOL

I only have a small sample size of the Nourish & Shine...and I thought the same thing...it STINKS...kinda medicine-y!

I'm sorry after $34 bucks this is the thanks you get! Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Jlow

Great review...I've never wanted to purchase JC products. Don't know why.

As I started reading I thought you were going to say good things, and then you hit us with the truth!! Loved it!! Very Happy

Oh by the way...great feature and I love that puff!!

Your welcome ladies! This stuff just IS NOT what I thought it was going to be. I expect a cream to be a cream and not a pudding/yogurt! lol, I sent JC an email telling them how I felt and I also inquired if there is any other way I can use this products to get more decent results. Curious to see what I get back, or if I get a response back period.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th October 2010, 1:48 pm

The price had me thinking no. Glad to know not to bother.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th October 2010, 8:10 pm

Funny, I tried one of her creams when I was transitioning (i think the hair nourishing cream) and my hair didn't go for it. Haven't tried it after the BC. I wish I could get samples. I don't like shelling out $$$ when I don't have a benchmark, you know? I got burned too many times when I was looking for miracles during my relaxed days.

The tub looked huge at least. I hope they get back to you.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th October 2010, 10:08 pm

Renny wrote:The price had me thinking no. Glad to know not to bother.

Keep on trucking by! Very Happy Definitely not worth the time or effort...

swoodward wrote:Funny, I tried one of her creams when I was transitioning (i think the hair nourishing cream) and my hair didn't go for it. Haven't tried it after the BC. I wish I could get samples. I don't like shelling out $$$ when I don't have a benchmark, you know? I got burned too many times when I was looking for miracles during my relaxed days.

The tub looked huge at least. I hope they get back to you.

The tub is gi-nornous! lol & as of now, I have NOT gotten a response back. Neutral
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 21st October 2010, 11:26 am

Wow!! Thanks for the review!!! $35 is very pricey!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next