CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 2:40 pm

NubieNatty wrote:u got some nice goodies; let me know how the curly pudding goes!
I will definitely post a review. I have a bad habit of opening things with my mouth and that stuff got on my tongue. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_pale The smell is very interesting to say the least, I hope it gives me decent results.

LadyMika wrote:Hey JLo! I know about that Southern Heat, I spent a summer down in Biloxi, Mississippi when I was with the Air Force Reserves. I came back home FIVE SHADES DARKER than my avi. That sunlight is NO JOKE. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_eek And I thought NYC was bad.

Anywho. Just stopping in. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_smile

It is DEFINITELY something serious! I used to get a little relief when I was younger and would go swimming. I've gotten lazy now! Im going to Houston, TX this summer and I am not anticipating that DRY heat. That's even worse and that Florida HUMID heat is horrible too! lol, thanks for stopping by! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

naturalchic wrote:Hello ladies,

I went to ULTA found MILK eye pencil!! and ULTA has them buy 2 get one free. lol, sorry to all my PJ's...

I got mine in the mail finally, I cant wait to try it! I also got a black one and a grey one. I want all the other colors as well, cant wait until Payday! How long is the sale going on?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 2:44 pm

enjoy your goodies Jlow! let us know when the rest of your stash comes in.

@natural chic--man I forgot ulta sells nyx stuff. i haven't been there in a while bc I don't really live near one. luckily i found a bss that carries it. i need to experiment with the milk pencil. I think I need a primer for under it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 2:50 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:enjoy your goodies Jlow! let us know when the rest of your stash comes in.

@natural chic--man I forgot ulta sells nyx stuff. i haven't been there in a while bc I don't really live near one. luckily i found a bss that carries it. i need to experiment with the milk pencil. I think I need a primer for under it.

Thanks Triple C! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_biggrin I got everything except my Afroveda order. They said they make their products are handmade to order so I have to wait at least 14 days for processing and shipment! BUMMER!

I was going to use my Milk pencil as a primer. I gotta play around with it to see what I like best.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 3:41 pm

I think we're getting closer to our financial aid deposits. My student account has my loan money listed as "refund" so I think it will be deposited in the bank tonight or maybe tomorrow!jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_bounce Here's hoping! You do have direct deposit don't you?
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 4:08 pm

Yep I have direct deposit. Mine still hasn't posted. I guess I still have to wait until Thursday... jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_cry
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 4:23 pm

I hate this part because I know it's coming but every day that goes by without it is TORTURE! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_mad
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 4:34 pm

I just went down there. I had to sign for a check that they didnt tell me about. Wow, so if I had not gone down there I would have had an overdue account! So now everything is squared away. She said they are sending out refunds in the next couple days...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 4:56 pm

I hate when they say stuff like "the next few days" or "sometime this week". I'm glad you signed for your check though. That's odd that they didn't tell you. Was it another promissory note?
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 5:01 pm

Janet36603 wrote:I hate when they say stuff like "the next few days" or "sometime this week". I'm glad you signed for your check though. That's odd that they didn't tell you. Was it another promissory note?

She was like tomorrow and if not tomorrow by the end of this week. No, I got a private loan and they sent a check to the Cashier's Office so it didn't automatically go into my account. I had to endorse the back and then she deposited it into my student account.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 5:03 pm

Gotcha. Don't spend it all on hair products. Buy some groceries too! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 5:08 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:@Curly_Aquarius & @ChsLvsBks: HEEEY! Thanks for stopping through. I'll be coming to your places soon. In between classes and work, I wont be able to be on here as much as I'd like to!

My UPDATE:

I received some of my goodies y'all! So excited. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_biggrin Here's a recap of what I have gotten so far:

Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk - REVIEW COMING SOON!
Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine
Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
1 lb Unrefined Shea Butter

On another note: WHY IS IT SO FREAKING HOT?!? The air is out in my dorm. My roommates and I are going insane. You just don't realize how much you miss cool air until you don't have it. Pray for me y'all! I've been taking cool showers and drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated but LAWD HAVE MERCY!

Looks like you got some good stuff!!! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Fresse I'm going to be good. I'm going to order Hairveda products then I'm going to order my DC from KBB and I'm not going to buy anything for 3 months!!! I'm for real...I need to get a grip on myself before I need to go through a 12 step program!! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Lol

Are you summer school? Will you get a break before the fall. I hope so, but keep up the good work!!! My son is doing summer school here....couldn't afford housing and summer school!!!

Enjoy your products...I'll check back for your reviews!!!

I am TOTALLY done for the month, unless I run out of my cowash conditioner, or we are going to need to get in that program together!!! Hahaha

Yes I'm in summer school, my classes are soooo long but I only have 2 so I can stomach it. My Mom tried to make me come home as well but I ended up just getting a private loan to cover. If I skipped summer school this year, it would have put my expected graduation date off for another semester. Im trying to get out of here by December of 2011.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th May 2010, 5:29 pm

I only have 2 as well but they broke one up to 2 times a week...blah. So I'm still going to class 3 nights a week like the past 2 semesters. Guess it's not THAT bad.

I'm supposed to graduate May 2011 if my thesis is on track.
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 25th May 2010, 7:25 pm

im glad to see you all in school...what are you guys studying?? im in school too getting my doctorate.
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th May 2010, 8:21 pm

naturalchic wrote:im glad to see you all in school...what are you guys studying?? im in school too getting my doctorate.

That's awesome! Im getting my BS in Psychology and Janet^^^ is working on her Master's in Pyschology!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 25th May 2010, 11:35 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
naturalchic wrote:im glad to see you all in school...what are you guys studying?? im in school too getting my doctorate.

That's awesome! Im getting my BS in Psychology and Janet^^^ is working on her Master's in Pyschology!

thats cool I'm getting a doctorate in organizational leadership...congrats to you and good luck in your studies...this semester for me will be a little rough, lots of assignments and a conference to attend but im looking forward to the challenge.

but more importantly let us know the results of those products that just arrived, lol...
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 28th May 2010, 2:31 pm

naturalchic wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:

thats cool I'm getting a doctorate in organizational leadership...congrats to you and good luck in your studies...this semester for me will be a little rough, lots of assignments and a conference to attend but im looking forward to the challenge.

but more importantly let us know the results of those products that just arrived, lol...

Thanks and good luck to you as well! jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 28th May 2010, 3:48 pm

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous Friday!

UPDATE:

So I just bought a boatload of BeeMine Products! I couldnt help myself yall. I know I said I was done for the month of May but I've been hearing great things about this line the past couple weeks and really wanted to try them out. I got the Mango Serum with Sulfur, Bee Hold Curly Butter in Coconut Cream, Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner... Of course I'll review these when I get to them and let you guys know my results. It will be awhile before I receive them, processing takes 7-10 then I have to wait for shipping. jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Icon_sad

BUT anywho... here's my review for Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk:

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Kbb11
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Moz-screenshot-5jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Moz-screenshot-6
Scent:Creamy Coco Mango

Info (from KBB website):You're only a few dabs away from lush radiant and soft hair. Karen's hair milk moisturizes the detangles, defrizzes and defines your curls. Apply a generous amount to hair when damp. Also can be used on dry hair to refresh and moisturize. Can be used several times a week or daily.

Price: 8 oz=$16+shipping, 16oz=$24+shipping

Ingredients: Purified Water, Jojoba and Avocado Oils, Vegetable Wax, Vitamin E, Panthenol,
Arnica and Calendula Flowers, Echinacea, Nettle and Horsetail Extracts, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Fragrance Oil and Natural Enzymes

My Review: So I've been using this consistently for a week. I love the smell, its pretty faint; definitely more coconut than mango but not too harsh. After co-washing, I used it for a leave in on wet hair. This stuff is very moisturizing. It wasn't heavy on my hair at all. It has a thinner consistency than I would have liked. It is a bit runny. When it dried my hair was still very moisturized and fluffy, not crunchy or greasy. I also applied this on dry 3 day old hair to re-moisturize and it did a wonderful job. This is a great product if you are looking for a light leave in. I would compare it to using Giovanni Direct on wet hair. As far as detangling and defining my curls, this didnt do it for me. It did do a good job on cutting down frizz though. I give this product a jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Star3 jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Star3 jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Star3 out of 5 stars, only because it was too runny, a bit pricey for my college budget and didnt define or detangle my curls as promised.

I would repurchase if I just wanted a change from using my Giovanni Direct!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 4:05 pm

Great review! I jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Herz KBB's milk and nectar. Coco Mango is a nice scent.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th May 2010, 4:25 pm

Great review. I've been trying to decide if I need a hair milk in my product arsenal.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 28th May 2010, 5:00 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Great review! I jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 5 Herz KBB's milk and nectar. Coco Mango is a nice scent.

Thank Chrs! How is the Nectar? Whats the difference between it and the milk?

CocaColaCutie wrote:Great review. I've been trying to decide if I need a hair milk in my product arsenal.

Thanks Triple C! Shea Moisture has a hair milk that's available at Target that seems like a good buy. I bought their Deep Treatment Mask last night and it worked great! I also got the Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo and it was just ok. I probably wont purchase it again.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 5:13 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Thank Chrs! How is the Nectar? Whats the difference between it and the milk?
Many say it is lighter. I could not tell the difference.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th May 2010, 5:17 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Great review. I've been trying to decide if I need a hair milk in my product arsenal.

Thanks Triple C! Shea Moisture has a hair milk that's available at Target that seems like a good buy. I bought their Deep Treatment Mask last night and it worked great! I also got the Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo and it was just ok. I probably wont purchase it again.[/quote]

that mask is the bomb ain't it! i tested the milk in the store when I got the mask and the curl ehancing smoothie, but it seemed all thin...but now i'm thinking maybe i should have gotten it to use as refresher for my various styles.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 31st May 2010, 11:11 pm

Hope you had a good break and I know you're SO excited for class tomorrow (if you even have class tomorrow lol). I know we both ran to the bank (at least I did) when the financial aid finally came through last Thursday. My kitchen is very happy to have groceries lol
Janet36603
Janet36603

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st June 2010, 8:14 am

Hi Jlowman

Great review of the KBB Hair Milk. I like KBB products...I've tried the hair serum, samples of the (nectar, milk, hair cream, hair butter) and I just love her deep conditioner.

I can't wait for your review of the Bee Mine products! I have the curly butter, and just received samples of the milk, moisture spritz, conditioner and moisturizer. I've only used the curly butter and I must say I really like the results I get with my twists out!!

It's so good to hear that you are actually budgeting your funds while you are in college!! Very smart!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 1st June 2010, 5:58 pm

Hey J! How are you girl? Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next