CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

+32
cyclingchick
thetiffany
WhosThatRedHead
MEGAFAITH
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
mstokes2008
CrissyQ
Ebbz
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
nattyblog
Keisha
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
MellowOne
Nikcoils
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
QuietButterfly
36 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by Lynnieluve 25th June 2010, 1:18 pm

Um......where are the pics of the cute braid out? QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by QuietButterfly 25th June 2010, 5:00 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I've never been by your house before. I like it in here. Very nice what you've done with the place lol That twistout and puff are toooooo cute!

Hey AL!! Thanks for stopping by to visit, you should come by more often.....next time I'll make some sweet tea LOL. Thanks girl!!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Lady!! Hair is great

Hey Shee!!! Thanks!!

Lynnieluve wrote:Um......where are the pics of the cute braid out? QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_scratch

Oh, I'm sorry Lynnie, I didn't take any pictures QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_sad I promise to take some next time though.

I'm actually about to post some pics of my hair and my sister's hair in a few minutes......we did the same style, but differently. Check it out in a few minutes!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 25th June 2010, 7:42 pm

I'm moving on up......HOORAY for page 3!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_cheers QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_cheers LOL

Today my braid-out was looking a little rough, not good enough for another puff, so I decided to try the Roll & Tuck FroHawk from cjanaew on YouTube. My sister was sporting a 3 day old twist out, so she needed another style for her hair too.

So I did my FroHawk exactly like she demonstrates in the video, rolled under, tucked and pinned. Then I rolled my sister's up instead of under, tucked, pinned, then she did her signature high pompadour in the front. Check out the pics:

MY FROHAWK (rolled under and tucked)
QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1314

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1315

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1316

MY SISTERS FROHAWK (rolled up and tucked)
QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1317

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1318

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1319

I don't know if you can actually see a difference in the pics, but it looks different in person.

SISTER SHOTS QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1320

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1321

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1322
Guess this is why nobody thinks we're as old as we are, cause we walk around acting like this, LOL

Sorry for the long post, check yall later!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th June 2010, 7:49 pm

Cute i've seen this style i think it looks better on an old twistout. You and your sis pics got me rolling ith the facial expressions. Keep acting young you'll never feel old.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th June 2010, 7:51 pm

I love the sister shots!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th June 2010, 10:45 pm

Ya'll are so adorable!!! Loving the frohawks.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 25th June 2010, 10:47 pm

nice pics... the hairstyles look great
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th June 2010, 2:03 pm

The roll and tuck looks great on you and your sister. I agree keep acting young and you'll remain young at heart!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th June 2010, 4:21 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Cute i've seen this style i think it looks better on an old twistout. You and your sis pics got me rolling ith the facial expressions. Keep acting young you'll never feel old.

Thanks NP!! Yeah, my sister's was an old twist-out, she definitely had more definition than I did....I had a slight Jerome fro lol.

Lynnieluve wrote:I love the sister shots!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Lol

Thanks Lynnie!!! lol

CurlsGalore wrote:Ya'll are so adorable!!! Loving the frohawks.

Thanks CG!!

krazy coils wrote:The roll and tuck looks great on you and your sister. I agree keep acting young and you'll remain young at heart!

Thanks KC!!

Has anyone seen Kimmaytube's latest Hair Journey video?? HER HAIR IS ON THE MOVE!!! I'm trying to get on her level......guess that means I need to get on a iregimen with my hair, more protective styles, stop being lazy about washing......lol
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th June 2010, 4:22 pm

Keisha wrote:nice pics... the hairstyles look great

Thanks Keisha!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 8:52 pm

Hmmm...frohawk roll and tuck...writing that down...check. study

You two are a couple of hams!! Where's my phone? They've had long enough. My mom and dad need to get started on my sis!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th June 2010, 4:57 pm

U and sis r too cute! I love it. Aren't sisters so fun? If only I could get mine to stop relaxing. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 2:12 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:U and sis r too cute! I love it. Aren't sisters so fun? If only I could get mine to stop relaxing. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Thanks AL!!! Yeah, sisters are great!! People think its weird that we're so close, but we think its werid when you're not close to your sibling. You never know, your sis might make a change and decide to stop relaxing one day.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th June 2010, 2:24 pm

I love sisterhood! You and your sister are too cute and so were your frohawks. Love the difference in styles despite the similarity!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 2:35 pm

Happy Wednesday Ladies!!!

So I finally washed my hair on Sunday QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_cheers LOL

* Detangled with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
* Washed and Conditioned with Giovanni SAS shampoo & conditoner (using Kimmaytube's buffering technique)
* Deep conditioned with ORS Replenishing Conditioner (love that stuff)
* Whipped up a batch of Kimmaytube's Leave In Conditioner (I was unable to find whole leaf aloe vera juice, so I used Inner Fillet aloe juice....I'm still searching for the whole leaf version)

After applying Kimmaytube's leave in, I twisted my hair in about 12 twists and let it dry over night.

I've been mini twisting my hair in sections since Monday night.....I have a feeling this is gonna take me all week cause I've never twisted my hair this little. I'll just work on it a few hours each night. Here's a sneak peek:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Img_1310

Also, I'm gonna start featuring my sis regularly......so now when you stop in, you'll visit with both of us LOL.......I mean we live together anyway QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin so why not QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 879602

OH YEAH, I almost forgot......it's officially been 1 YEAR since I stopped flat ironing/pressing my hair!!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 678474 Now its time for me to focus on length retention and growth

Later ladies

Last edited by QuietButterfly on 30th June 2010, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture didn't display)
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 2:56 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hmmm...frohawk roll and tuck...writing that down...check. study

You two are a couple of hams!! Where's my phone? They've had long enough. My mom and dad need to get started on my sis!!

LOL, thanks NattyB!!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:I love sisterhood! You and your sister are too cute and so were your frohawks. Love the difference in styles despite the similarity!

Thanks Poetic!!! Sisterhood is the best!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th June 2010, 3:08 pm

Can't wait to see the final results. How long do you plan to keep them in?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th June 2010, 3:20 pm

QB tell your sister to start her own CSJ! We'd love to have her join the neighborhood Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 7:45 pm

krazy coils wrote:Can't wait to see the final results. How long do you plan to keep them in?

I'd like to keep them in for at least 3 weeks, but hopefully a full month.

AfrikanLatina wrote:QB tell your sister to start her own CSJ! We'd love to have her join the neighborhood Smile

I'll tell her AL, but she would probably write one post and then forget to come back, LOL.....I'm more of a hair board junkie than she is QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th June 2010, 10:49 pm

I love the hawks and sister pics. I live with my sis and bro too. It's cheaper and you know your roommates. I think its a great deal. Families are supposed to be close. The rest of the world has it wrong.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st July 2010, 4:44 pm

Hey QB...I finally made it over to your spot!

I'm liking the mini twists! Do I have the patience...that is the question!

I, too, have done a marathon and have fallen off the maintenance wagon! LOL Gotta get back at it...I only want to do halfs from now on...easier on the knees. I wish you luck on your goals! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 2nd July 2010, 1:38 am

I love those micro twists!! They look great!! I think they really help with length retention because you can leave them in a little longer. Less manipulation usually means your hair gets a NICE break and can concentrate on being healthy. I used to do them a lot but then I got really lazy...hence, the need for my folks to get a move on it with my request.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 2nd July 2010, 1:51 am

love the sister pics. the show that you too love to have fun and thats what it is all about. just cause you are getting older don't mean that you have to act that way at all times. lol i love the twist also how long are you going to leave it in? i am taking notes for all you curlies that have longer hair then mine for when Drama ( my hair) gets that length tootles good night
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 9:58 pm

Hey QB...

That twist and roll frohawk was too cute. Question how do you do mini twist a few at a time!!! What to you do with the hair that's not twisted on a daily basis!! Just curious...

Have a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd July 2010, 11:45 pm

Hey there. I came back by to see the result of your twists. I'm betting they came out great. I only wish I had the patience to do them. Until I get some, I'll live thru those of you who do.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next