CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

+32
cyclingchick
thetiffany
WhosThatRedHead
MEGAFAITH
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
mstokes2008
CrissyQ
Ebbz
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
nattyblog
Keisha
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
MellowOne
Nikcoils
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
QuietButterfly
36 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by nattyblog 14th July 2010, 8:16 pm

study Hmmm....roll/flat twist the front left side (scribble scribble)
then pin it down behind the ear (scribble scribble)
then pin the other side up and let the back hang study

LOL! I have been taking notes on everybody's style. I graduated not that long ago and for two years I probably only really wore a presentable style a handful of times. I usually just pulled it back into a loose-haired bun and threw it under a hat. My hubby was so tired of that hat!! But girlfriend has two kids, three if I count him! Now that I'm out, I gotta get crackin! You'll forgive me if I steal a few ideas here and there! Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by Nikcoils 15th July 2010, 8:19 pm

girl try yt for twist updo inspiration. it's good for the soul.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th July 2010, 12:58 pm

Awesome mini twists! I plan on doing some in a few weeks. Pray for me, I might be walking around with half a head done. Lol. Dunno if I have the strength.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th July 2010, 2:16 pm

JNB I did them from med sized twist, it didn't seem like such a task. Try that
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 22nd July 2010, 1:06 am

QuietButterfly wrote:
Hey Natty!! Hello QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin ......uhhhh, as you suspected I haven't been doing anything with my twists QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_eek I did stand in the mirror for about 45 minutes the other day and attempt a cute updo......but I FAILED!! It was getting hot, I was getting irritated, I was running late, so I just decided to go back to my old faithful style and head out. I usually roll/flat twist the front left side then pin it down behind my ear and I just pin the other side up with the back hanging.....nothing big, nothing super cute, just simple. I promise, I'm going to do some styles on these here twists!!! I am, I really am! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_smile

lol!

Are you still holding up with the mini-twists? That is one thing I loved about wearing mini-twists-I could leave them in for three weeks without the roots locking. But, my hair was too fine for my ends to not get too tangly that third week. Then came the dreaded ssk's. So I stopped wearing that style. I think if I were to try it now, I would keep the ends rolled up. That might stop the knotting around the third week. How do long do you keep yours in? Do you do anything special to the ends to keep them from going haywire on you?

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th July 2010, 2:50 pm

nattyblog wrote:study Hmmm....roll/flat twist the front left side (scribble scribble)
then pin it down behind the ear (scribble scribble)
then pin the other side up and let the back hang study

LOL! I have been taking notes on everybody's style. I graduated not that long ago and for two years I probably only really wore a presentable style a handful of times. I usually just pulled it back into a loose-haired bun and threw it under a hat. My hubby was so tired of that hat!! But girlfriend has two kids, three if I count him! Now that I'm out, I gotta get crackin! You'll forgive me if I steal a few ideas here and there! Very Happy

Girl, I'm stealing from you now.....just got finished stalking your CSJ a few moments ago QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Suspect

npmoore04 wrote:girl try yt for twist updo inspiration. it's good for the soul.

Hey NP!! I'm always on YT searching for inspiration, I love it! I've just been real lazy about styling these twists. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Awesome mini twists! I plan on doing some in a few weeks. Pray for me, I might be walking around with half a head done. Lol. Dunno if I have the strength.

Thanks JnB!! LOL, but I was walking around with half my head done for several days. I just did the front bang part first and let that hang out, and put on a lil beanie hat to cover the rest of my unfinished head. I did them over the course of a week.

nattyblog wrote:Are you still holding up with the mini-twists? That is one thing I loved about wearing mini-twists-I could leave them in for three weeks without the roots locking. But, my hair was too fine for my ends to not get too tangly that third week. Then came the dreaded ssk's. So I stopped wearing that style. I think if I were to try it now, I would keep the ends rolled up. That might stop the knotting around the third week. How do long do you keep yours in? Do you do anything special to the ends to keep them from going haywire on you?

Hey Natty!! Thanks for checking on me. The mini twists are still in and going strong.....I retwisted the front last week, because its been so hot and I've been sweating like a wild banchee, it was starting to look a lil puffy and messy. I've had itchy scalp alot this last week, so I think it might be time to take them out. We're having a Detroit meet-up this Saturday so I'm trying to figure out if I want to rock a twist out, or style the twists and take them out later.......I don't know. My goal was to keep them in for 4 weeks, but I think 3 weeks is just as good. I will definitely be doing these again though, it was a great way to keep my hands out of my hair for several weeks. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

I'll be back later on this week when I figure out how I'm gonna do my hair for the meet-up and of course I'll be posting pics from the meet-up too!!!

Later ladies
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th July 2010, 2:59 pm

Yeah i think your twists have had a good run. But I'm only saying that because I want to see more pics, hee hee!

You are so lucky having a meet up. I doubt there has ever been one for
D-ware folks. But it would rain on the day I do my hair anyway! I'd show up looking like a hot mess! ROFL!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 26th July 2010, 3:49 pm

@QB did u blow your hair out before u did your mini twist?
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 27th July 2010, 12:44 am

nattyblog wrote:Yeah i think your twists have had a good run. But I'm only saying that because I want to see more pics, hee hee!

You are so lucky having a meet up. I doubt there has ever been one for
D-ware folks. But it would rain on the day I do my hair anyway! I'd show up looking like a hot mess! ROFL!

LOL @ Natty....I'll have pics soon!! You should check the meet-up thread and see what's going on in your area QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

MEGAFAITH wrote:@QB did u blow your hair out before u did your mini twist?

Hey MegaFaith!! Love the screen name.......I let my hair air dry over night in about 6 jumbo twists before I did my mini twists. I used to blow dry though.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 27th July 2010, 1:28 am

Ok thanks I'm trying to see how retian the blow dry look with no heat
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 27th July 2010, 9:00 am

I love the mini twists. do you wanna do mine?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 27th July 2010, 9:02 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:I love the mini twists. do you wanna do mine?

Thanks Shee!! Sure, we can set something up on Saturday QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd August 2010, 6:13 pm

Hello ladies!!!

Not much has been going on with my hair, I'm still rocking the mini twists, I made my goal and kept them in for 4 weeks!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin I plan to start taking them down in the next few days.....I had to un-twist, then re-twist a few in the back because they felt like they were starting to lock. Here are some pics of my 4 week old twists:

[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?
i=36&u=15170177]QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1410[/url]

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1411

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1412

A few weeks ago I did a practice braid on my boyfriends hair, it didn't look half bad, so this past Friday I decided to tackle his whole head. It looked pretty good for my first time braiding someone's hair......check out the pics:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1314

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1315

I haven't attempted to braid my hair yet, but I'm gonna do a trial braid when i take my twists out.

Lastly, my sis and I hosted our first meet-up this past Saturday and it was great!! We had about 100 ladies in attendance, we had vendors, time to mix and mingle and a panel discussion with ladies in different stages of their natural hair journey. I got a chance to meet Sheetacular and one of my hair idols!!

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1413

Me & Sheetacular
QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1414

Later ladies!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd August 2010, 6:30 pm

Hey lady!!! Yay! on making the 4 week mark. I usually do good to make it 2 weeks.

I had a good time at the meetup. You had a phenomenal turn out!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd August 2010, 10:36 pm

Your mini twist look GREAT to be on week 4!!! I know my hair would look like locs if I keep my twist in for 4 weeks.

I thought that was you in pics I saw on FB. Congratulations on your first meet up!! It looks like you ladies had a great time!!

You did an AWESOME job on your BF hair!!! I cant wait to see your hair when you braid it!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 3rd August 2010, 10:39 pm

You did a great job on your bf's hair!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 3rd August 2010, 10:54 pm

Nice twist! congrats on the meet up!!!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th August 2010, 8:12 am

Hey QB I agree your hair looks great for 4 weeks! Your BF braids look awesome for doing it the first time. I am definitely encouraged to try this braiding thing (lol)! I can't wait to see how your hair is going to look.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th August 2010, 9:03 am

Hey QB...

Your mini twists look great for 4 weeks. Congratulations on meeting your goal as well as what looks like a great meet-up. Love the picture of you Shee!!!

I think you did a great job on your BF's hair. First time....you are kidding right?

Hope you are having a great week!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 4th August 2010, 12:11 pm

WORD!!!! Sookie sookie now!! Your boyfriend's hair looks AMAZINGLY great!! I can't wait to see your braids now! And I know he is so geeked to be able to get his hair done from you for free from now on, LOL!!

And your twists still look nice for 4 weeks too. I think I'm coming over there to get my hair done! Wink
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 4th August 2010, 1:16 pm

Wow...your beau's braids look great!

Very cool that your meetup was such a success QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th August 2010, 3:17 pm

Yay for making it to 4 weeks! Toldya you could do it! whoo hooo!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th August 2010, 5:33 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!!! Yay! on making the 4 week mark. I usually do good to make it 2 weeks.

I had a good time at the meetup. You had a phenomenal turn out!!

Hey Shee!! Thanks! I'm glad you came and brought your whole crew too, LOL. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th August 2010, 6:03 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Your mini twist look GREAT to be on week 4!!! I know my hair would look like locs if I keep my twist in for 4 weeks.

I thought that was you in pics I saw on FB. Congratulations on your first meet up!! It looks like you ladies had a great time!!

You did an AWESOME job on your BF hair!!! I cant wait to see your hair when you braid it!!

Thanks Lynnie!! Yeah, I've had some folks ask me this past week if my twists are locs, LOL.....but then again, I get that alot, even when they're freshly twisted.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:You did a great job on your bf's hair!!

Thanks Red!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

thetiffany wrote:Nice twist! congrats on the meet up!!!

Thanks Tiff!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

krazy coils wrote:Hey QB I agree your hair looks great for 4 weeks! Your BF braids look awesome for doing it the first time. I am definitely encouraged to try this braiding thing (lol)! I can't wait to see how your hair is going to look.

Thanks KC!!! After I do these braids a few more times and get them down to a science, I'll be moving on to the flat twists, so I can get on your level!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey QB...

Your mini twists look great for 4 weeks. Congratulations on meeting your goal as well as what looks like a great meet-up. Love the picture of you Shee!!!

I think you did a great job on your BF's hair. First time....you are kidding right?

Hope you are having a great week!!

KNH

Thanks KNH!!! Nope, that was my first time.....it took me a few hours to braid it though, LOL......I was really concentrating, he starting falling asleep and getting all irritated, LOL, but I did it. You have an even better week!!

nattyblog wrote:WORD!!!! Sookie sookie now!! Your boyfriend's hair looks AMAZINGLY great!! I can't wait to see your braids now! And I know he is so geeked to be able to get his hair done from you for free from now on, LOL!!

And your twists still look nice for 4 weeks too. I think I'm coming over there to get my hair done! Wink

Natty!!! Yeah, my BF is really excited, he actually asked me to practice on him a while ago, but I didn't think I could do it......now that I can, he's like "no more paying to get my hair braided!!!" You know I'm trying to get on your level with the braiding.....I be lurking around in your CSJ trying to see whats what QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Suspect

cyclingchick wrote:Wow...your beau's braids look great!

Very cool that your meetup was such a success QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Thanks CC!!! QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

CocaColaCutie wrote:Yay for making it to 4 weeks! Toldya you could do it! whoo hooo!

Thanks Triple C!!! Yeah, now I don't even feel like taking them out. I wish I could wake up in the morning and my hair be shampooed, conditioned, deep conditioned and freshly re-twisted, LOL.....that would be great!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 13th August 2010, 9:35 pm

Hey ladies!!

So it ended up being more like 5 weeks before I started untwisting my mini twists QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_redface I'll never do that again.....but my twist out was super cute and fluffy, then I went and worked out and it got even bigger, I just LOVE NATURAL HAIR!!!!! So since I've been working on my braiding skills, I decided to do a little practice on my hair, check out the pics:

DISCLAIMER: I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't part perfectly, I was just grabbing hair lol

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1415

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1416

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Img_1417

I already love a good puff, but these braids in the front switch it up a little bit. I really like it and I'll definitely be doing this again, maybe with smaller braids.

I also braided my boyfriend's hair again this past weekend, I took some pics, but they're kind of blurry, but I did them a little smaller this time. He really liked them. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

In other news, I've got my first hair appointment on Monday QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_cheers One of the young ladies that came to the meet-up wants me to mini twist her hair, so hopefully I'll do a good job and I can get me a lil side hustle going QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 5 Icon_idea

Have a good weekend ladies!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next