CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

+32
cyclingchick
thetiffany
WhosThatRedHead
MEGAFAITH
Juices-n-Berries
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
mstokes2008
CrissyQ
Ebbz
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
nattyblog
Keisha
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
MellowOne
Nikcoils
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
bholmes87
Curly_Aquarius
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
QuietButterfly
36 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 9:40 pm

Lol! Girl, you betta go on and braid that man's hurr! ROFL! He gonna look like Iverson in a minute!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Empty Re: QuietButterfly :-) More Pics & New YT Channel!!

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 9:45 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey ladies!!

So it ended up being more like 5 weeks before I started untwisting my mini twists QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Icon_redface I'll never do that again.....but my twist out was super cute and fluffy, then I went and worked out and it got even bigger, I just LOVE NATURAL HAIR!!!!! So since I've been working on my braiding skills, I decided to do a little practice on my hair, check out the pics:

DISCLAIMER: I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't part perfectly, I was just grabbing hair lol

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1415

[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?

i=44&u=15170177]QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1416[/url]

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1417

I already love a good puff, but these braids in the front switch it up a little bit. I really like it and I'll definitely be doing this again, maybe with smaller braids.

I also braided my boyfriend's hair again this past weekend, I took some pics, but they're kind of blurry, but I did them a little smaller this time. He really liked them. QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

In other news, I've got my first hair appointment on Monday QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Icon_cheers One of the young ladies that came to the meet-up wants me to mini twist her hair, so hopefully I'll do a good job and I can get me a lil side hustle going QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Icon_idea

Have a good weekend ladies!!!

I LOVE THIS STYLE!!! YES!!! cheers
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th August 2010, 9:56 pm

You did a good job on your braid!! I love the look too!

I am gonna practice this weekend.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th August 2010, 11:09 pm

Yay for the side hustle!!!!

THat puff looks great! All nice and full!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th August 2010, 1:02 am

That's cute!!! That puff is SICK! Love it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th August 2010, 6:09 pm

I love the puff!! You go girl!! Perfecting your craft and what not!! Laughing
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 20th August 2010, 12:28 am

nattyblog wrote:Lol! Girl, you betta go on and braid that man's hurr! ROFL! He gonna look like Iverson in a minute!

lol! Thanks Natty!!

Lynnieluve wrote:You did a good job on your braid!! I love the look too!

I am gonna practice this weekend.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Yay for the side hustle!!!!

THat puff looks great! All nice and full!

CurlsGalore wrote:That's cute!!! That puff is SICK! Love it!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:I love the puff!! You go girl!! Perfecting your craft and what not!!

Thanks Ladies!!! cheers

So, due to extreme laziness and lack of time.....I still haven't washed my hair Embarassed I did have a little detangling session on Saturday, but that didn't help at all. I did learn a big lesson though.....NEVER KEEP YOUR TWISTS IN FOR 5 WEEKS!!! My hair has never been this tangled, knotted, and matted before, EVER!!! I've been having mini detangling sessions a few nights this week, but it's really a mess......and I was so excited because when I got in the shower on Saturday it looked like it had grown and I was so excited cause it was hanging longer than I'm used too. So hopefully, I haven't pulled too much hair out and lost the progress that I made. Crying or Very sad I do plan to mini twist again, sometime next week, but I think I'll keep them in for 3 weeks.

I'll be back tomorrow to post some pics of the young ladies hair that I did this past Monday.

Have a good night!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 24th August 2010, 5:41 pm

Pics? Young lady? BF? YOURS? I'll take anything! lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 24th August 2010, 5:51 pm

nattyblog wrote:Pics? Young lady? BF? YOURS? I'll take anything! lol!
You sound worse than Pookie in New Jack City Shocked
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 24th August 2010, 7:05 pm

ROFL!!!

lol! I do don't I?
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th August 2010, 7:10 pm

Hey QB!

I like that puff! And I like the braids in front...hmmmm...I shall try that! LOL

Yeah, detangling after a few weeks is a BEAR! Just go slow and take your time...easier said than done, I know. :-)

cheers for the side hustle!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 11:59 am

Your twists lasted a long time. Love the braids & twist out puff--too cute.

Great job on BF's braids! Practice will help with time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 16th November 2010, 12:09 pm

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post Shocked .......but I'm back now Very Happy

Unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures of my hair recently, but I've discovered the joys of chunky twist outs, LOL......I was a mini twisting fool this summer, but after that last set and the 5 hour detangling session I had, I decided I needed to start twisting bigger. I also finally tried HE Hello Hydration and I LOVE IT!! It had my hair feeling so soft!

Let's see my sis and I hosted our 2nd Natural Hair Meet Up October 2, which was just as good as the 1st one. We had about the same turn-out, maybe a little more. We were also on the radio the week before talking about black hair and the event. I was super nervous, cause I'm a little more on the shy side, but I answered one question and managed not to sound like a fool so I was really proud of myself!

Here's a pic of me, my sis and Charnika aka 160days2lose2 on Youtube, she makes great vids, check her out if you haven't already:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Jencha10

Our next meet-up/book signing is on Saturday, December 11, we'll be hosting Thank God I'm Natural author Chris-Tia E. Donaldson. So if you're in the Detroit area, you should definitely check us out!!

Lastly, my sister has come out with her first design from her T-shirt line, she's got more coming out soon.....

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1612

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1613

Check her out on etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/61418514/new-naturally-flyy-afro-lady-tee

Later Ladies!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th November 2010, 12:21 pm

HEY QUIETBUTTERFLY!!!!!

Now, dont you stay gone that long again, you hear me?!! lol!

I saw you in Charnika's video from the last meet up. I was like, "Hey! That's Quietbutterfly!!" LOL!!

Those shirts are SUPER CUTE!!!

::headed to your sister's etsy shop::
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th November 2010, 1:27 pm

What she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 16th November 2010, 2:07 pm

hey! looks like you had a great event. nice shirts!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th November 2010, 11:23 pm

Love the shirts! Gotta snag one of those! Welcome back, QB!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 5:22 pm

Hey QB! Happy Thanksgiving! Smile
Those shirts are so cute. I am going to add to my Christmas list...
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 11:36 am

Hey QB...

Glad you're back!!! Boy you can go broke on CN alone...LOL Those shirts a too cute!!!! I gotta check out your sister's site!!!

A 5 hr detangling session...OMGoodness!!! I don't know if I would have made it!!! LOL

Keep in touch!! TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st December 2010, 10:42 pm

Oooh, have fun at the next meet up!

What has your hair been up to? Pics please

Love the shirts!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th December 2010, 2:17 am

Hey Ladies!! Thanks for the warm welcome back messages and I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Very Happy

Let's get right down to it then.....MY HAIR, lol.....I've found my new favorite style, the chunky twist out!!!! I've really gotten tired of twisting my hair small, so I started twisting it in about 15 larger size twists at night and twisting out in the morning and I discovered that when I twist larger and separate the twists, I don't get as much frizz and I get alot more body, I just love it!!! cheers

These are pics from a midnight bathroom photo shoot......I was loving my hair that day. I used Cantu Leave-In Conditioner mixed with apricot, almond and grapeseed oil for this particular twist out:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1614

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1615

Then I tried a half braid, half twist out lol.....so I started by braiding each section, then half way down I switched to a twist, I thought that might allow me to show off more of my length. It didn't really work, it was the same length as the twist out, but still just as cute. But I did mix the Cantu Leave-In with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and my hair is SO SOFT, I'll definitely be using this combo for all twists and braids outs from now on!!!

Check out the pics:

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1710

QuietButterfly :-)  More Pics & New YT Channel!! - Page 6 Img_1711

I hope everyone has a good weekend!! Very Happy

QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th December 2010, 12:19 pm

I am loving the chunky twist outs! I love the new avi!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 1:10 pm

I used the Cantu Leave in too with Hot Six oil to seal it in. The results I got are my avatar pic. I really loved the way it came out. I think I was a little heavy handed w/the oil but it was cool. It looked great and I got lots of compliments. This avatar pic was from Thanksgiving.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th December 2010, 3:28 pm

Hey QB!...Love the chunky twist out results, very nice!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th December 2010, 3:45 pm

Loving the hair and the new avatar!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next