CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

+36
funkyhairchic
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
CurlyChefRobin
.:Eden:.
thetiffany
Muz
daygreen341
LadyMika
cyclingchick
freckledmom4
coilykinks
QuietButterfly
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
priceless
jlowman1
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
bholmes87
exhale1913
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
mrsmackey
40 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by mrsmackey 17th May 2010, 11:59 pm

thanks ladies for EVERYTHING! you're right, this community is such a help to me and I know that I'm making the right decision for me and my hair...

but i have a few questions.........

1. what can i do to keep good moisture? i feel like my relaxed ends are pretty moisturized (which is WACK) but the roots aren't...is that how it's supposed to be? i know my hair is more coily and kinky than curly so i'm just wondering if the softness comes from that...

2. where can i find henna? (curlsgalore maybe you can help with this since you're in the city..)

IB, i've been all up and THRU ur albums on Fotki! THANKS A BUNCH!!

Last edited by mrsmackey on 18th May 2010, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misprint)
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th May 2010, 5:03 am

Great I am glad I can help. I am sorry the fotki is not current but all my transitional styles are. Any questions don't be afraid to holla back chica Very Happy

On the moisture issue, I had the reverse problem but not worries. Do you cowash, pre poo, use leave in condish, deep condish weekly?
If not starting doing all of the above. They all bump up your moisture level up 10 fold.

On henna, if you can't find it in town, usually an Indian store. Go to www.hennaforhair.com.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th May 2010, 2:46 pm

Hey Mrs M...

I'm soo glad you're good!! I was a little worried about you for real. This natural journey I've learned requires a lot of patience, research and reading. You will learn so much...and one day you will find yourself sharing your knowledge with a new natural curlie!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 19th May 2010, 4:03 pm

thanks KNH! sometimes i freak out because I want to keep variety in my life and i really do love this process...never before have I enjoyed new growth but i love diggin' my fingers in my scalp and just touching my curls so I'm determined to make it...i've been stalking the fotki's of my favorites and hope to have some pics soon!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 20th May 2010, 6:04 pm

Today is CATER TO ME DAY!

i'm going to do an oil rinse, DC and all that jazz tonite...i'll be posting pics later!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th May 2010, 6:54 pm

Looking forward to your pics. It sounds good.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 9:59 pm

Y'know mrsmackey, I think you are going to love the versatility of natural hair.

Natural hair is very shiny when flat ironed. You have the option of spirals, kinky twists, or straight. You are going to have a lot of fun because you already love your hair....

I saw the most beautiful twists today. She had shoulder length hair and had made a gazillion twists in her hair so it looked like a bob. Nice.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 20th May 2010, 10:35 pm

oooooooooooh a twisty BOB??! I LIKE I LIKE!!!!! i'm picturing myself after a year of transitioning (Dec. '10) and i'm thinkin..."I can do this.." Now Babe (my hubby, i NEVER call him by his name...even in business, it's "babe, hand me so and so's file..." smh) says that i'll probably chop wayyyyyyyyyyyy sooner than that...he says I play in my hair too much to leave the relaxed ends on til December...(kanye shrug) we'll see...BUT I'M EXCITED!!!

NOW CHECK THIS OUT!

My 16 year old sister, soon to be 17, started this journey with me...THIS HEFFA WENT AND CHOPPED TODAY IN HER COSMETOLOGY CLASS!!!!! now granted, she decided to go natural when i did and she has more length than me because she hadnt had a relaxer since like September but dannnnnnnnnnnggggggg she couldn't wait for ME?!?! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_mad

she's here at my house RIGHT now, getting her hair DC'd and such...using up my good products!!!!! i'll post pics of her twists later....still mad!!!! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_mad BUT HAPPY FOR HER! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_cheers
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 11:17 pm

Congratulations to your sister!!!! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 617583

How long have you been transitioning? I know I asked you this before but I'm too lazy to go back and look.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 21st May 2010, 12:21 am

yeah yeah congrats to her.... 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_tongue ...lol

It'll be 5 months on the 22nd of this month..intitally my BC date was 12/22/10...butttttttttttttttt..that may change because i REALLY wanna just SEE myself, ya'know? you have no clue what kind of texture is hiding up under all this relaxer...

Last edited by mrsmackey on 21st May 2010, 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misprint)
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st May 2010, 12:51 am

Congrats to your sister!!! You will have be be nice and share the products though!

I felt the same way...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd May 2010, 1:42 pm

there's nothing going on in my house today on Curl Street. Plans got changed at the last minute so I didn't get to "spoil" my hair like i wanted to, the girls came first. So i pre-poo'd, washed AND DC'd on them last night...wheeeeewwwww 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Affraid . I'll handle my girl on Sunday.

**SIDEBAR**

Miss Jessie's Rapid recovery is a HOT MESS AND WILL NOT GET BOUGHT AGAIN! it left my youngest daughter's hair all scrunchy and crap...I used Honeysuckle Rose on my oldest and it was soft and moisturized but whooooooooo my baby...i didn't like the way it did her. So i added more EVCO and EVOO and that seemed to help. I did twists on her hair and pinned it in the front.

What do you ladies use to DC? a store product or a home mix?

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Event
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 1:53 pm

giiiiiiiirl, i LOVE my mj rapid recovery. its still been a staple, now granted i can only justify dropping $50 on it when theres a bogo sale but its been in heavy rotation since i bc'd last sept. ive been playing around with other dc's too but mj has always been my fave...HOWEVER, my tui smoothie has givin mj a run for her money and the kbb mask is closely behind...kbb is my 3rd fave cuz its more watery and lighter but the longer i leave it on the better it gets.

MJ is my fave cuz its thick and i just like thick product. In a pinch when i use all of em up YTCarrots hair mask DEFINITELY does the job even though its quite creamy. i just cant keep it in stock becuz i noticed an expiration date and it scared me 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_silent . Matter of fact, im gonna use some MJ later this week to DT since im using my qhemets for the month to make sure they still treat me right...

i havent tried any home mixes cuz of my pj-ism 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes but i look forward to using a homemade avocado mix w/some honey n coconut milk (or the cream in the can rather). i have some natural dc mixes in my journal to try!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd May 2010, 2:18 pm

well honey, i guess my daughter's hair was just like UH UH NO MAAM! it didn't work for her. What i'm figuring out with products is that we can't use the same things AT ALL...family or not...since i'm dealing with 3 heads, i'll have to get a set reggie for everyone...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 2:24 pm

pass it on over! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_bounce have u tried it on your hair? uh...yea 3 heads is definitely overwhelming 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_geek
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd May 2010, 2:56 pm

i haven't tried it on myself yet..i'll try it on Sunday and give reviews...i'm scared girl..who doesn't need any scrunchiness is ME!!!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 22nd May 2010, 10:35 pm

I hear you, my sister and i have two different reactions to product. the good news for me is my daughter's hair is close enough to mine that we can mix & match.

CN seems to really like one of the pantene products;

http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/10/pantene-pro-v-relaxed-natural-breakage.html

I am a huge Kiehl's fan and and haven''t found a match for me or my daughter hair for that one yet. But when I picked up my bottle of Yes to Cucumbers, I saw a deep conditioner there. (mmmmm!) AOHS is aleays a go-to staple.

Do you want organic or are you open to all types of products?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 24th May 2010, 1:25 am

swoodward wrote:I hear you, my sister and i have two different reactions to product. the good news for me is my daughter's hair is close enough to mine that we can mix & match.

CN seems to really like one of the pantene products;

http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/10/pantene-pro-v-relaxed-natural-breakage.html

I am a huge Kiehl's fan and and haven''t found a match for me or my daughter hair for that one yet. But when I picked up my bottle of Yes to Cucumbers, I saw a deep conditioner there. (mmmmm!) AOHS is aleays a go-to staple.

Do you want organic or are you open to all types of products?

I'm open...i want to use the products my hair likes at THIS time because I know once I BC, my girl may say, "no maam..i will NOT react to shea butter!" (for example)...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th May 2010, 1:25 am

I found what seems to be becoming my staples toward the end of my transitioning. KinkyCurly, Qhemet Biologics and Curls, which is now in Target.

I am hanging all over this Yes to Cucumbers condish and Deva Curls right now. These are all eco-friendly - no or lo sulfates, no mineral oil or petrolatum.

If you want to just play with more commercial products - organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise seems to be making people happy. I haven't used it in 6 months though...So I don't know about how it works after the 6 month point of transitioning.

We should hang out on the product board too. What a Face
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th May 2010, 5:00 am

hEY THERE,
Miss Jessie's during transition was garbage for me too....lol
I didn't even bother with it once I became 100 % natural because of the ingredients.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th May 2010, 10:50 am

For DC, I love Darcy Botanical's deep conditioning mask. I also enjoy EVOO & EVCO. I used to use the Organics Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. It worked really good.

If you have a conditioner you like, try adding EVOO, EVCO or other oils, vegetable glycerin, honey, coconut cream/milk and/or aloe vera gel/juice/gelly to it to amp it up. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 31st May 2010, 3:48 pm

hey ladies! it's been awhile since I posted so I decided to drop by today..since i'm at WORK dealing with crazy people, curlynikki is my ESCAPE!!!

nothing major is going on with my hair...i went to Arkansas this past weekend for my family reunion and my uncle, who's a barber/stylist, says that he will cut my relaxed ends for me when I'm ready.... 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Mostly everyone in the family was VERY receptive to my natural journey..my grandmother was trying to get me to cut my hair, right there, IN FRONT OF HER!!! i told her to go sit down somewhere!! LOL!

I'll try to post pics soon...once i find my camera... 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Icon_lol
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 31st May 2010, 10:10 pm

That's great!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st May 2010, 10:12 pm

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Lol @ what you told your grandmother!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 31st May 2010, 10:55 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 3 Lol @ what you told your grandmother!!!

SMH...me and my grandmother have a special type of relationship...i'm so in love with that woman it's ridiculous!!! she just laughed at me and went on about her business!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next