CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

+36
funkyhairchic
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
CurlyChefRobin
.:Eden:.
thetiffany
Muz
daygreen341
LadyMika
cyclingchick
freckledmom4
coilykinks
QuietButterfly
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
priceless
jlowman1
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
bholmes87
exhale1913
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
mrsmackey
40 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 13 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by mrsmackey 21st February 2011, 2:52 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:UHM What the French does "picked out" mean? I can't help you because I would have looked at him like Suspect

Sweet!!! LOL! you work in my line of business so you know the chain of command. This was my Sales Director who said this..the BIG boss. He's already let me know he's NOT a fan of natural hair and I just told him, "boo, I'm not a display case. You want a show, PAY ME FOR IT." <---and I walked off! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! But i'm still FLY today!!! cheers naturalistas= 1 haters = 0
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 13 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by sweetdrk1 21st February 2011, 3:19 pm

*fist pumps* do your thing!! People kill me with the unsolicited comments!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 7:30 pm

Mrs M....you hair was hot on Super Bowl Sunday!! Girl did Diddy hear you sing?

I think that is too funny that Bishop Jakes told you to e-mail that lady and tell her how you get your fro so funky!! LOL Too funny!!

I took Jlow's suggestions and tried the Burnt Sugar with Oyin's Honey Dew and the definition was unbelievable!! Hope you find a good combination for your dry twists!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 21st February 2011, 8:33 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Mrs M....you hair was hot on Super Bowl Sunday!! Girl did Diddy hear you sing?

I think that is too funny that Bishop Jakes told you to e-mail that lady and tell her how you get your fro so funky!! LOL Too funny!!

I took Jlow's suggestions and tried the Burnt Sugar with Oyin's Honey Dew and the definition was unbelievable!! Hope you find a good combination for your dry twists!!

hey KNH!!!

Bishop Jakes is really humorous when he wants to be!! Girl, I TRY not to be star struck when celebrities come to the church but SERIOUSLY, i can't help it! when I walked out on stage and saw Diddy on the front row, I almost lost it! affraid CUZ HE ACTUALLY IS VERY DAPPER IN PERSON!!!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 22nd February 2011, 1:28 am

hey there! ur hair is fiyah!! is diddy actually nice in person??

as for the picked out comment....i actually wouldn't be offended despite him not liking natural hair. keep doing u boo and sashaying off into the sunset
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd February 2011, 12:10 pm

dajewel wrote:hey there! ur hair is fiyah!! is diddy actually nice in person??

as for the picked out comment....i actually wouldn't be offended despite him not liking natural hair. keep doing u boo and sashaying off into the sunset

Hey Dajewel! He's actually VERY nice in person. He spoke and carried on a full conversation w/ us before and after church. BTW, I've long admired your hair!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 1st March 2011, 2:22 pm

HEYYYYYYYYYYYY CURLIES!

It's been 5 months since my BC and I'm still LOVING my hair!!! I need to post pics soon but what I can report is that Miss Jessie's SweetBack Treatment is the ABSOLUTE PITS and should be thrown into the deep valleys of HELL! Mad

My hair is HARD AND FREAKIN CRUNCHY! <----NOT SEXY! UGHHHHH! I'm going to wash and condition again tonite to see if that will help me out a little bit...I have events every nite this week and I don't have time for this! LOL

Ok, i'm through ranting! I hope you ladies have a great day!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 1st March 2011, 3:01 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience. The Miss Jessie's products never temped me to use them. One the cost is just crazy and the ingredients can be found in cheaper products. Its not like they use a lot of high quality natural ingredients. Shea butter in the SweetBack stuff is down by fragrance and preservative. Probably used at about 1% of the total weight of the finished product. For the cost of one of their products, you could get the base ingredients and start formulating your own stuff. lol

Very Happy
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2011, 4:34 pm

Sorry Mrs Mackey....I could have told you to stay away from Miss Jessie's. No
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 1st March 2011, 4:41 pm

Madeaj wrote:Sorry to hear about your experience. The Miss Jessie's products never temped me to use them. One the cost is just crazy and the ingredients can be found in cheaper products. Its not like they use a lot of high quality natural ingredients. Shea butter in the SweetBack stuff is down by fragrance and preservative. Probably used at about 1% of the total weight of the finished product. For the cost of one of their products, you could get the base ingredients and start formulating your own stuff. lol

Very Happy

It will NEVER get used again. It was a gift anyway so I'll be shelving it!

Lynnieluve wrote:Sorry Mrs Mackey....I could have told you to stay away from Miss Jessie's. No

Lynnie, chhhhhhiiiiiiiiilllllllllleeeeeeee, it was DEFINITELY not a good look HOWEVER, i have hope that a prepoo and DC apology will work cuz THIS girl is NOT happy today! No
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st March 2011, 5:18 pm

Hi Lady,
Sorry to hear about the MJ not working. I'm starting to think that it's really hard to find a good DC. I always get the best results from stuff I have in the kitchen. Your hair is fabulous and healthy! Keep it going!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 1st March 2011, 5:40 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi Lady,
Sorry to hear about the MJ not working. I'm starting to think that it's really hard to find a good DC. I always get the best results from stuff I have in the kitchen. Your hair is fabulous and healthy! Keep it going!

HEY FRECKLEDMOM4!

I swear everytime I see you, I think of my friend Tish. Your profile looks EXACTLY like her! I haven't been to your thread so I need to come see what you have going on girl!! It is just really hard to find a GREAT one, and that's what I'm after!!! GREAT!!!! LOL...what do you use to DC?
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 1st March 2011, 8:59 pm

That's a good question. I have the Darcy's DC which is good, but for $20, I can't see sticking with that. I have been using ayurvedic powders (mostly amla) mixed into Jessicurl WDT or a mix of yogurt, honey, evoo, and amla. The homemade mix is my favorite so far.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 1st March 2011, 9:21 pm

Yeah i've never been tempted to try them either, glad to hear you didn't spend your $$$ on it though! I don't have a steady DC but i will usually stop by marshall's or TJMaxx and pick up one of their salon quality DC for the cheap Smile usually btwn $5-$7...i look at the ingredients list for products that include behtremonium methosulfate (i may have spelled that wrong) and panthenol i believe these help provide slip & moisture (but if you go to DaJewel's thread she could tell you exactly in detail...i learned it from her originally). Good luck & let us know if you find anything worthwhile!
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd March 2011, 1:36 am

lmaooooooo@ u and Mr. Take dat-Take dat-Take dat...shooot he should be dapper wit as much money he gettin from folks, he's the more classy n new Reds (from five heartbeats movie, lol) but i aint even gonna fake...if i ran into diddy i'd be how gina n pam was on martin when biggie was hiding out at the crib "sangin in the background"

love the pics, that funky fro was lookin oh so soft and look at how its just a growing! wow!!! keepin it moisturized is definitely somethin i had trial n error with. i actually love the burnt sugar (i need to re-up) and i mainly loved usin it to twist. when i did a combo of it with darcy's vanilla OMG!!! i didnt need to re-moisturize all week!! QB anything definitely helps with moisturizing. my lil sister used up ALL of my olive n honey balm...i mean scrappin the jar, WTF!! so i need to re-order full sizes of that n the amla cream cuz i also use em for DC's too! heeeeaaaaaven..

ok so and this MJ...first the rapid recovery n now this No well im glad u dont like it cuz ILL TAKE IT!!! i love their DC's esp while my hair is short so pass the dutchie to the left hand side if u dont want it. Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 2nd March 2011, 1:48 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:That's a good question. I have the Darcy's DC which is good, but for $20, I can't see sticking with that. I have been using ayurvedic powders (mostly amla) mixed into Jessicurl WDT or a mix of yogurt, honey, evoo, and amla. The homemade mix is my favorite so far.

hmmmmmmmmmmm 20??! Suspect NO MAAM PAM!!!! lol...I'll try and come up with something..I haven't gotten the nerve to use any powders or henna. I need to stop being such a PUNK right??!

Kea wrote:Yeah i've never been tempted to try them either, glad to hear you didn't spend your $$$ on it though! I don't have a steady DC but i will usually stop by marshall's or TJMaxx and pick up one of their salon quality DC for the cheap Smile usually btwn $5-$7...i look at the ingredients list for products that include behtremonium methosulfate (i may have spelled that wrong) and panthenol i believe these help provide slip & moisture (but if you go to DaJewel's thread she could tell you exactly in detail...i learned it from her originally). Good luck & let us know if you find anything worthwhile!

Thanks for the heads up on TJMAXX!! Never knew they sold hair products!

NubieNatty wrote:lmaooooooo@ u and Mr. Take dat-Take dat-Take dat...shooot he should be dapper wit as much money he gettin from folks, he's the more classy n new Reds (from five heartbeats movie, lol) but i aint even gonna fake...if i ran into diddy i'd be how gina n pam was on martin when biggie was hiding out at the crib "sangin in the background"

love the pics, that funky fro was lookin oh so soft and look at how its just a growing! wow!!! keepin it moisturized is definitely somethin i had trial n error with. i actually love the burnt sugar (i need to re-up) and i mainly loved usin it to twist. when i did a combo of it with darcy's vanilla OMG!!! i didnt need to re-moisturize all week!! QB anything definitely helps with moisturizing. my lil sister used up ALL of my olive n honey balm...i mean scrappin the jar, WTF!! so i need to re-order full sizes of that n the amla cream cuz i also use em for DC's too! heeeeaaaaaven..

ok so and this MJ...first the rapid recovery n now this No well im glad u dont like it cuz ILL TAKE IT!!! i love their DC's esp while my hair is short so pass the dutchie to the left hand side if u dont want it. Cool

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Nubie! FIRST OFF, that avi!!!! you're workin' it girl! This is whats so crazy with Miss Jessie's, her DCs dont work with my hair but the Curly Buttercreme is IDEAL for my twist outs! I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE the definition I get with that stuff...now whats this mix you were saying with Oyin??? DO TELL DO TELL!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd March 2011, 2:33 pm

Oh yeah, the oying bsp and Darcy's Botanical Madagascar Vanilla Stying cream combo=defined, moisturized hair. I forgot about that. I need to revisit that *diggin though my cabinet* And she is telling the truth about the Qhemets as well, but I'm not trying to turn you into a pj-lol!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2011, 9:23 am

Hi Mrs. M...

You are too funny!!! I've discovered that if you use a good thick conditioner and add an good oil and honey equals a great DC!!!

Miss Jessie....is very high in price and the ingredients are not the best as well!!

Just stopping by to say hi!! **waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13