CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

+36
funkyhairchic
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
CurlyChefRobin
.:Eden:.
thetiffany
Muz
daygreen341
LadyMika
cyclingchick
freckledmom4
coilykinks
QuietButterfly
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
priceless
jlowman1
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
bholmes87
exhale1913
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteé
mrsmackey
40 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Empty EMBRACING WHAT GOD GAVE ME.....THE NATURAL ME:)

Post by mrsmackey 2nd May 2010, 4:04 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to finally be here!!!! with my own thread!!!

Here's my hair story...

I was relaxed at 6 years old..i begged for it and all of my aunts were around to watch the transformation. I loved my hair...have always loved my hair....

Last year, my 7 year old daughter told me she didn't want any more of the "white stuff that burns"....MAJOR REVELATION for me...she had only been relaxed for a year. I'd seen her hair break off and I thought it was a natural process. I decided to stop relaxing her hair March of 2009. At the same time, my oldest daughter (9 yrs.) had a texturizer on her hair. There was absolutely NO REASON for her to have one but because her father's side of the family is a fan of ALL THINGS straight, I let the "lye" begin. When her sister decided to "buck the system..(me)" and go against relaxers, she wanted her hair to be curly as well. So BOTH girls began their transitions. The whole time, I was researching the best way to do this and I lucked upon CurlyNikki. My boss is a naturalista and she said CurlyNikki was her big secret. That was in June 2009 and I'm on this site EVERYDAY now!!! I finally joined the site in November and thru the research process for my own girls, I made the decision to embrace the God given "me" in December 2009. My last relaxer, which ended up burning my hair at the ends, was a blessing from God. I feel so assured with my decision and since I've stalked just about EVERY thread here, I know I'm making the right decision.

Since I work in coporate America, it's been a tough transition process. My director HATES weaves so I've had to transition "cold turkey". I tried to rock micros but that only lasted a month. My mom got married last weekend and I had a quick weave, that lasted two weeks and taking the weave down was one of the worst experiences EVER..glue was all over the place!!! so I've decided to do what works for the NOW. That would be bantu knots!! Since I'm growing my hari out from a short cut, I'm at 4 months post relaxer and my hair is long enuff to do the knots...PRAISE JESUS!

My reggie for the time being is to shampoo once a month (need to find one that doesn't feel like it's stripping my hair and leave it feeling like straw..suggestions are MORE than welcome!) I co-wash twice a week with HE TT or HE HH, I deep condition with Lustresilk, EVOO and EVCO. I'm interested in henna but I'm worried as to how my hair will react since I'm just 4 months in my transition. I want to BC everyday but I don't want to completely give my hubby a heart attack!!!

I'm glad to be here, I've learned so much from this site and all the curlies here! I'm soooooooo ready for this journey!!! LET'S GET IT IN!

a few pics..

this is me relaxed (well me and the husby)[img

this is the beginning of my transition
[url=https://servimg.com/view/15159138/5]5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Meandg10

this is me four months post
5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Meatwo10

sorry so long ladies..I HAD A LOT TO SAY!!! LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd May 2010, 4:33 pm

Shampoo suggestions: Pre-poo with oil and then Suave Humectant. I love that stuff! There are usually samples in the walmart travel aisle. If you try it let us know how it works for you.

and

Welcome to The Curl Street Journal
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd May 2010, 4:42 pm

Yay!!! I'm so glad you decided to cruise down the curl street journal with us! You have a beautiful family!!! Your girls are too cute......they look like twins!

As for the shampoo, I like Karen's Body Beautiful Conditioning Shampoo. It doesnt leave my hair feeling stripped. Also, check out Kimmaytube's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FQ79FD2VY&playnext_from=TL&videos=8GjzKuwnkvE

She shows how she washes and detangles her hair. She uses this buffering technique that keeps your hair from feeling stripped. I've been doing it for about a month now and I LOVE IT!! It may even help me use up all the shampoos I tried and didnt really like.

So how long do you plan to transition? Also, to change the title of your thread, click post replay at the bottom of the screen when you post a comment instead of using the "quick replay" box. If you scroll down about half way the page, you will see where you can change the title. Hope this helps!!

PS - Glad I didnt have to hunt you down 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 2nd May 2010, 4:56 pm

thanks tia!!!! but ummmmmm...what is a pre-poo? lol...i can use the context clues to figure it out but let's not take any chances on THIS day..lol...

Lynnie, HEYYYYYYYYY GIRL!!!! i plan to transition until i get fed up with the two textures...meaning i could BC any day now...lol...but when i tell you i'm in LOVE with this newness of hair, it's crazy...like, my husband thinks i'm having a crisis!!! lol...and yes..i see that you and Sweet will hunt the saints down...no need for that here!!! i'm GOOD!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 2nd May 2010, 5:01 pm

I'm testing this to see if my title changes:)
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd May 2010, 5:07 pm

Pre-poo: http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2009/12/pre-poo.html

That is all the info I have about pre-pooing. I currently pre-poo with a mix of Castor oil and Jasmine oil, that combination is leaving my hair so soft.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 2nd May 2010, 5:15 pm

Welcome! Beautiful pictures.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 2nd May 2010, 6:14 pm

thanks Tia!! @crvng4mr, thanks so much!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd May 2010, 7:34 pm

welcome to Curl Street!! your girls are beautiful!! Trust me you will wonder why you didn't join sooner. The curlfriends are the bomb with the information!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 2nd May 2010, 9:40 pm

Great story! You are on the right track! Research, this site, and many other sources have been such a help in this journey! Welcome to CSJ!!! Look forward to checking in your progress! Smile

You have a beautiful family!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd May 2010, 11:15 pm

WELCOME AND HAVE FUN HERE!!!!

BEAUTIFUL PICS AND ADORBALE GIRLS!! Very Happy
I HENNAED DURING TRANSITION. NO SIDE EFFECTS. BENEFITS ARE NOTICED OVER TIME.

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 3rd May 2010, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd May 2010, 12:26 am

welcome!!! ur girls are tooooo cute! more power to you for hangin on to those different textures but i cant wait til u BC, you'll be wonderin why u didnt do it sooner.

giiiiiiirl dont get me started w/recommending products **pookie itch** cuz i dont want you to end up like me!! my favorite poo is kbb condish poo though; and i always pre-poo when i feel my hair is gettin dry! these ladies give EXCELLENT advice around here.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd May 2010, 1:51 pm

Welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd May 2010, 3:35 pm

welcome. i echo the pre-poo recommendation. also you can use kimmaytube's buffering technique where you add conditioner to your hair after shampooing--but before rinsing. you just squeeze the excess shampoo lather, add conditioner and then rinse.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 3rd May 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey there! Welcome! Found your thread after you posted on mine. Your daughters are beautiful!!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 3rd May 2010, 4:56 pm

"I'm in this fight and I'm swinging and my arms are getting tired
I'm trying to beat this emptiness but I'm running out of time
I'm sinking in the sand and I can't barely stand
I'm lost in this dream, I need you to hold me
I'm scared of lonely" -Beyonce "Scared of Lonely"

Hey curlies!!! I'm singing this song tonight at this club here in Dallas so I decided to post the lyrics...the song is actually pretty nice..

Anyway, today has been busy. Work and it's date night for me and husby!!!

I co-washed last night with HE TT and added EVOO. I did bantu knots with Miss Jessie's Curly Creme and took them down this morning. I also did the same thing with my oldest daughter's hair and she's rocking a BKO today as well..I'll post pics later tonight!! Have a beautiful and CURLY day ladies!!!

Last edited by mrsmackey on 3rd May 2010, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misprint)
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 1:56 am

pics of my daughter, TRM, and my own results from last nights cowash...i'm going to prepoo on tuesday nite after rehearsal..

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair21

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair22

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair23

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair24

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair25

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Myhair26

That's it for tonite ladies... 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Sleep

Last edited by mrsmackey on 4th May 2010, 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more pics; spelling)
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 9:36 am

Good Morning curlies!!

Today is about work, training and PRE-POO tonight!! I'm going to try the method, courtesy of Tia, and see how it works for me...i'll have results and pics tomorrow!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 5:44 pm

Hey mrsmackey!!! I love your picsture, they're beautiful! Your daughter's hair is just gorgeous Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 8:05 pm

thanks bholmes!!!!!! i need to go back to ur thread..i'm trying to read everyone's..just in case i miss an ingredient..or pic..or SOMETHING!!! LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 8:06 pm

mrsmackey wrote:thanks bholmes!!!!!! i need to go back to ur thread..i'm trying to read everyone's..just in case i miss an ingredient..or pic..or SOMETHING!!! LOL
LOL at first I was trying to read everyone's but there's just not enough time in the day Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 4th May 2010, 8:08 pm

girl, i sit at this computer all day for work anyway..so in between calls, I just make my way back to the forums!!!! LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th May 2010, 9:43 pm

You did a really good job on your hair and your girls! And I know what you mean about checking out the forums at work. Its addictive!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th May 2010, 9:46 pm

Your daughters hair turned out so cute!!!

I've given up on trying to read everyone's thread everyday...especially with the recent "MOVE IN SPECIAL". I just catch up on them as I come across them. 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 5th May 2010, 12:51 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your daughters hair turned out so cute!!!

I've given up on trying to read everyone's thread everyday...especially with the recent "MOVE IN SPECIAL". I just catch up on them as I come across them. 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) Icon_lol

ikr!!!! but i love reading stories and seeing pics of women owning their natural beauty...makes me wonder why it took me so long to take this journey...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next