CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What product's helps hair grow long?

+4
tiashaunteé
BlondeByDesire
fnggrant
naturally curly
8 posters

Go down

What product's helps hair grow long? Empty What product's helps hair grow long?

Post by naturally curly 26th April 2010, 8:55 pm

Hello everyone. What hair products help hair to grow long. Please share tips. Thanks.
naturally curly
naturally curly

Back to top Go down

What product's helps hair grow long? Empty Re: What product's helps hair grow long?

Post by fnggrant 27th April 2010, 2:38 pm

I've always wondered if products actually aid in the process or if its just how one cares for their hair. Im interested in hearing responses.
fnggrant
fnggrant

http://public.fotki.com/fnggrant/

Back to top Go down

What product's helps hair grow long? Empty Re: What product's helps hair grow long?

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th April 2010, 3:03 pm

I think the one and only product that grow your hair is YOU and how YOU take care of it.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 3:06 pm

Products don't help hair grow long but they do help you retain length. Your hair is always growing but breakage causes it to appear as if that isn't the case. Look for products that are going to keep your hair moisturized and strong, then style your hair in ways that will help protect all the length that you gain. You should notice more growth retention with those habits.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 6:00 pm

Great advice BBD and Tia!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 27th April 2010, 6:56 pm

Hmm...I think I disagree somewhat. There are products that can stimulate the follicles to induce growth if you're not getting the average growth of 1/2" per month Sweet Nature By Eddie's Follicle Stimulator has done this for me. Keep in mind that your food choices, lifestyle, and stress level are all things that will affect your hair growth.

On the other hand, this is where I agree with BBD and Tia: If you don't do the necessary to prevent breakage and therefore retain length, it will seem like your hair is not growing.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 7:02 pm

aanwyn wrote:Hmm...I think I disagree somewhat. There are products that can stimulate the follicles to induce growth if you're not getting the average growth of 1/2" per month Sweet Nature By Eddie's Follicle Stimulator has done this for me. Keep in mind that your food choices, lifestyle, and stress level are all things that will affect your hair growth.

On the other hand, this is where I agree with BBD and Tia: If you don't do the necessary to prevent breakage and therefore retain length, it will seem like your hair is not growing.

Not to argue your point because I don't doubt that it's possible to stimulate growth but did you have to touch your scalp and massage the product all over? I ask because I would if it is actually the stimulation that results in growth and maybe not the products themselves. I notice a lot of products mention applying the product a few times a week and that usually accompanies some form and massaging to the scalp.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 28th April 2010, 12:47 am

No it's okay, I don't mind. Yes it did say to massage the scalp. And yes, you're right stimulation is a key aspect. Even when I used other oils like jojoba or grapeseed, I massaging a few times per week, but I did not see growth like with this product. However, I don't think they are exclusive of one another. Perhaps the oil complexes and massage together further stimulate the follicles. Whether we are right or wrong, that stuff was pretty awesome! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th April 2010, 9:59 am

I would like to see someone study hair growth products. I think if one was proven to work consistently with all hair types, it would fly off the shelves.

I'm going to look up Sweet Nature By Eddie's Follicle Stimulator, I want to know what's in it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 28th April 2010, 3:10 pm

Yea I agree with you on that research. Some say products can help, some say they can't. It would be great to see some proven results.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 28th April 2010, 9:51 pm

Water!!! Drinking lots of it and spritzing my hair daily with it (blended with some conditioner too!)
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 29th April 2010, 1:10 am

Cassadie3...your hair looks awesome!
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 29th April 2010, 3:54 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Products don't help hair grow long but they do help you retain length. Your hair is always growing but breakage causes it to appear as if that isn't the case. Look for products that are going to keep your hair moisturized and strong, then style your hair in ways that will help protect all the length that you gain. You should notice more growth retention with those habits.

ITA! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 29th April 2010, 5:20 pm

aanwyn wrote:Cassadie3...your hair looks awesome!

thank you!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down