CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to get my daughters hair to grow

+4
courtrhapsody
LittleOne
CurlyNMixed
Stephy0306
8 posters

Go down

Trying to get my daughters hair to grow Empty Trying to get my daughters hair to grow

Post by Stephy0306 19th November 2010, 1:39 pm

Ok my daughter is 1 and the back of her hair will not grow like the front. Since we brought her home from the daughter, she had lots of hair back there, but the doctor told me to not let her lay on her stomach and to have her lay on her back. So with her laying on her back all the time since she was just a baby her hair in the back stop growing as much as the front. the front of her hair is full longer thick she has beautiful hair but the back omg i dont know whats going on. I cant cornbread so i just but it in little twist. but they always come out or get knotted because its short back there. How can i get her hair to grow back there? No

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Trying to get my daughters hair to grow Empty Re: Trying to get my daughters hair to grow

Post by CurlyNMixed 19th November 2010, 1:44 pm

It'll grow as she gets older and can maneuver to change positions when she sleeps. It's just safer for babies to sleep on their backs. Give it another year. Sometimes it takes awhile. Most babies have the short dry patch of hair in the back, if any at all. My son just had smooth skin in the back until he was about 1 1/2. Just a little patience is required.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Trying to get my daughters hair to grow Empty Re: Trying to get my daughters hair to grow

Post by LittleOne 19th November 2010, 1:46 pm

Hi Stephy!

Try not to pull it so much to do the twists. It's probably growing fine, but breaking from the stress of her sleeping on it and the pulling. You can also try massaging her little scalp (make sure you run that by the doctor just to be extra cautious). There's some good info about scalp massages in this article:

http://www.hairliberty.org/black-hair-care/articles/hair-education/scalp-oiling.html

Good luck!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 19th November 2010, 2:51 pm

My daughter is 2.5 and her hair is still short, and was very thin and missing in patches for a long time. They should sleep on their backs, and with the carseats and everything that patch just rubs out. It'll fill in, just takes time!
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 19th November 2010, 3:03 pm

My youngest daughter is 4 now and I had the same exact issue. My hairstylist at the time gave me a satin covered pad that she made when Lundyn was first born to keep under her head to keep the hair from falling out but it didn't work, she still went bald in the back. But eventually it grew and by the time she hit 1 & 1/2 it filled in good. Now you can't even tell, the back is way longer then the front now so just be patient.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th November 2010, 5:18 pm

My lil zaria had the same issue. I thought the back of her hair would never grow. Like the ladies said give it time, and try not to twist is as much. i kept the back of her hair oiled really well and befor i knew it I was able to do something with it. she will be 2 in january and the back is doing just fine now.

Last edited by CrissyQ on 19th November 2010, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 19th November 2010, 5:46 pm

I agree with the other ladies. Give it time, her hair will grow. Watch...when she turns 3-4 she is going to have a head full of hair!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 19th November 2010, 6:25 pm

Ditto to all.
Before the back of my daughters head filled in and grew in legnth I would massage CD hair milk in the back to make it curly and pulled the top which was way long into a side bun until it was long enough in the back for me to do a lil something with. It was cute, she was only a toddler (when we were going out or to church, for daycare i tried not to do too many pony's to preserve the edges since her hair was so super soft).

Thats my two cent! Blessings to you and the baby girl.
Smile
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down