CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

+73
Maricopa
swoodward
Heart2Worship
Curlz of Luv
newday
priceless
Neems
Happy2B
Janet36603
Deva_87
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlsunfurled
soleil
KnottyKinkyMommy
LaToya28
CocoEuro
iri9109
Mom2KurlyT
Serenity23
Pinkrage
MomnWife
jlowman1
BrownSkinDiva
LadyMika
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
~JOME~
vmichelle
HAMPTONSFNST
awills
Curly_Aquarius
TMS
coilykinks
crvng4mr
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
A85
exhale1913
jcanalena79
Karyn
ktoliver5303
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
sunbaby
CrissyQ
NubieNatty
StephanieB
Mz. Thang
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
TerraD
Nikcoils
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Muz
Notthecoolmom
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
77 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by krazy coils 3rd June 2010, 9:03 am

Love it, Love it Love it! It looks good Lynnie! Taking down braids definitely takes longer than taking down twists. The smaller you braid it will take you longer also. Try to make the braids larger and it won't take as long but it still won't be as fast as removing your twists. Also make sure you're combing your hair to keep the strands together before you plait to keep the loose strands from wrapping around the rest of the hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:35 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful braid out results!

I am keeping with my weight loss goals. Switch of weights every once in a while and still enjoy spinning and Zumba classes.

Thanks! And you are getting so small. Keep up the hard work!!

swoodward wrote:You rock Lynnie!

mstokes2008 wrote:That braidout looks great!!!

Thanks!

missmoriah wrote:Lynnie, Love the braidout. Its gorgeous. Dang you are doin' it with the workouts lady. Very inspiring. I have always struggled with my weight and have recently been trying to do something about it. Now that I have went natural I find myself trying to be more healthy in all aspects(i do still fall of track). I am workin on it though. and one last question. How do you get your twists in the back so perfectly aligned and nice?

Thanks!! I use two mirrors to part the back. I also use the brick method. <<click here

.:Eden:. wrote:LOVINNNNN THE BRAIDOUT!!!! It really shows your length. Yea, takin those bad boys out is no joke. I can take twists out in 10-15min, but these I need a whole 30 min or more.

Thanks Hair Twin!!

curly-me-naturally wrote:Go Lynnie , Go Lynnie , Go Lynnie ! lol ..... super Cute !

I'm with you on the work out , ever since I went natural it has encouraged me to get my body in order as well . I have lost 4 lbs with working out . I like the eliptical ,it's almost like runnig . Cause I am not ready for the jogging yet ...I'll be passed out either on the treadmil or in the street . Lol

Thanks. Yes the elliptical is almost like running. You get a good full body workout too. Keep it up, you will jogging before you know it.

Curly_Aquarius wrote:That braid out is too cute, Lynnie it came out awesome! Very Happy

Thanks!!

NylaCoils wrote:Lynnie- Roxie is looking FLY!! The workouts are so inspiring!! Keep it up!!

where is Ru??????????

Here he comes now, running in here to say... Sashe Shantay!!

You bedda WERK!!!

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Ubedda33

Aww, sooky, sooky I brought Ru Paul out!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_lol Thanks Nyla. I'm gonna try to get to those questions today.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Lynn, your braid out looks awesome cheers . I need to try that one day. JUST TOO LAZY.............. Rolling Eyes

Thanks!!! You should try it. I know it will be cute.

BrownSkinDiva wrote:lynnie that braid out is fierce honey!!! and I know I keep saying this, but your hair is growing alot...what are you using over there, juices and berries? LOL, but seriously its looking good girlie!!

Thanks! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_lol

Muz wrote: Beautiful braid-out!

Thanks!!

Serenity23 wrote:Your braid out looks fabulous. I can just see it getting bigger and bigger each day. Love it! I tried one a long time ago and my braids were skinny and I looked so crazy when I took them down. I may have to revisit with bigger thicker braids. As far as working out, I have been working out 5 days a week. I've only lost 15lbs but definitely lost a lot of inches. I just need to continue to reach my ultimate goal of 30lbs.

Thanks!! That's great you have lost 15 lbs! Keep it up. You will knock out those last 15!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.....Did I say AWESOME braid out!!!! dance

This style really shows your length..and movement? For real...now that's what I'm talkin about!!

AWESOME!!

KNH

Thanks!! Yes it did show my length!

krazy coils wrote:Love it, Love it Love it! It looks good Lynnie! Taking down braids definitely takes longer than taking down twists. The smaller you braid it will take you longer also. Try to make the braids larger and it won't take as long but it still won't be as fast as removing your twists. Also make sure you're combing your hair to keep the strands together before you plait to keep the loose strands from wrapping around the rest of the hair.

Thanks!!! I will try bigger braids next time and make sure I keep all the strands in the right place.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd June 2010, 10:39 am

Love Love the Braid-out results.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:50 am

Thanks BBD!!! I've missed you!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd June 2010, 10:51 am

That braidout is beautiful! I like that it really shows off your length...go Roxie!!

And you are so right about the fitness tip too. I was going hard for a minute, but I fell off the wagon! I'm gonna get back on it soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 11:30 am

Thanks!! Get back on the wagon! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 12:50 pm

that braid out is the bomb! your growth is awesome!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 3rd June 2010, 1:10 pm

WUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 678474
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd June 2010, 1:40 pm

Mornin Lynnie!!!

So first of all that braidout was FABULICIOUS!!!!!!! And OMGeeeee movement! woot! It seems like it takes forever for your hair to get to a length where it moves but you made it!!! I was ecstatic when Chlo starting moving and shaking Wink

Second, how many braids did you do? Cuz 3 hours is a long time!! I believe my 30 braids took me about 2 hours; I had previously twisted my hair after washing it so it was already in 15 twists before braiding. Maybe I missed your explanation ... anyhoo, loving the hair! Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 1:42 pm

Thanks Lynne and MrsMackey!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 1:44 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Mornin Lynnie!!!

So first of all that braidout was FABULICIOUS!!!!!!! And OMGeeeee movement! woot! It seems like it takes forever for your hair to get to a length where it moves but you made it!!! I was ecstatic when Chlo starting moving and shaking Wink

Second, how many braids did you do? Cuz 3 hours is a long time!! I believe my 30 braids took me about 2 hours; I had previously twisted my hair after washing it so it was already in 15 twists before braiding. Maybe I missed your explanation ... anyhoo, loving the hair! Very Happy

Thanks!! It was a lot of braids.....See...

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 First_17
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 3rd June 2010, 1:48 pm

Yay for the fab braidout!!! It looks beautiful and super soft! That's what I love about braidouts, too, your hair is bouncy and it moves! I just love to shake and fluff it! Did you braid them small? I normally braid them at a medium size plait. I have some parts of my hair that are shorter or thinner than others so I end up braiding small. Those are a pain to unravel, I agree. It looks great, chica!!! Good job!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 2:30 pm

Hey Lynnie! Looking good as always! :-)

I like Ross & Burlington...but only when I feel like wading through "junk" (haha). I've gone all gung-ho, ready to shop...got in the store, saw all that stuff, and MADE A U-TURN! :-)

Congrats on buying that SMALL dress! Can't beat it with a bat! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd June 2010, 2:41 pm

I know I'm late, but that braidout is FIERCE!

I love reading your fitness updates. For fitness, I try to swim at least two days a week and will be incorporating running 1 day a week. I eat healthy foods 95% of the time and I'm strictly a water person - I don't drink juices or sodas.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 3:07 pm

That's great TMS!! I need to eat healthier. I will do good for a little while, then I will be back to my old habits. I'm still a work in progress
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 3:09 pm

Lynnie I am loving the thickness of your hair! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 3:17 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Yay for the fab braidout!!! It looks beautiful and super soft! That's what I love about braidouts, too, your hair is bouncy and it moves! I just love to shake and fluff it! Did you braid them small? I normally braid them at a medium size plait. I have some parts of my hair that are shorter or thinner than others so I end up braiding small. Those are a pain to unravel, I agree. It looks great, chica!!! Good job!!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Lynnie! Looking good as always! :-)

I like Ross & Burlington...but only when I feel like wading through "junk" (haha). I've gone all gung-ho, ready to shop...got in the store, saw all that stuff, and MADE A U-TURN! :-)

Congrats on buying that SMALL dress! Can't beat it with a bat! LOL

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Lynnie I am loving the thickness of your hair! Very Happy

Thanks ladies!!!

@ CurlesGalore - yes, the ones in the back were kinda small. I did them bigger in the front.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 4:02 pm

Lynn are you going to change your avi? The braid out is too hot not too!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 7:52 pm

@ KNH - I just changed my avatar this week. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 8:15 pm

The Adventures of Potty Training

Everything is still going great!!! No accidents!!

Now if I can get him to tell me when he has to go, we will be doing good.

In hair news...

I was so pleased with the results of my hair yesterday! I was wondering how it would hold up to a gym workout....it didnt! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_lol

Roxie shrunk up a little overnight and when you add a gym workout, a shower, and MS humidity you get SideShow Bob hair.....which I actually love!! :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_razz

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Braido10

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Braido11

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Braido12

I didnt want Roxie out for my workout in the morning so she is now twisted back up (36 twist..that's for BHolmes :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_razz) I used the Shea Moisture Hair Milk to twist Roxie up and applied KBB jojoba hair oil to the ends. Review coming tomorrow.

So tomorrow I am going to a Women's Retreat with my church. I was gonna try Latoya28 latest style but I found out their is a pool at the place where we will be staying so I think I will leave Roxie out. I know i won't have time to wash my hair while I'm there after swimming, so what should I do ladies? Should I just rinse my hair really well after I get out of the pool? Cowash? I plan to do the works when I get home Saturday evening.

Fitness Journey

Today I walked 3.10 miles and burned 634 calories. Tomorrow will be high impact cardio so I will get to run again. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 617583

Just a thought:
When I first started my fitness journey, I took baby steps. I started out going to the gym 3 days a week for 30 minutes and drinking more water.

What baby step can you take to get your fitness journey started?

That's all for now curlies!!! Let me see what you guys are up to!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 3rd June 2010, 9:05 pm

ok...who let the perv in?? lame.... :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 37 Icon_mad
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 3rd June 2010, 9:06 pm

sorry lynnie...i got heated ALL OF A SUDDEN!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 9:19 pm

It's ok MrsMackey. I reported him to Nikki. He's gone now....for good I hope.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 3rd June 2010, 10:07 pm

Lynnie, have you ever rinsed your twists after a workout and just left them in?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd June 2010, 10:11 pm

There are several baby steps that I can take for my fitness journey:

1. Cut out other beverages and drink only water
2. Limit fast food intake to the weekends, if at all
3. Workout for 30 minutes at least 3 days a week
4. Begin a running/walking routine
5. Walk my dog daily
6. Take the stairs, not the elevator
7. Opt to walk to campus rather than ride the trolley (when it's not dark)

You're so right when you said we take all these measure to make sure our hair is healthy, but what about the rest of our bodies?? Very motivating Lynnie Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next