CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

+73
Maricopa
swoodward
Heart2Worship
Curlz of Luv
newday
priceless
Neems
Happy2B
Janet36603
Deva_87
NhappyJackie
kinksncurls
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlsunfurled
soleil
KnottyKinkyMommy
LaToya28
CocoEuro
iri9109
Mom2KurlyT
Serenity23
Pinkrage
MomnWife
jlowman1
BrownSkinDiva
LadyMika
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
AfrikanLatina
mstokes2008
~JOME~
vmichelle
HAMPTONSFNST
awills
Curly_Aquarius
TMS
coilykinks
crvng4mr
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
A85
exhale1913
jcanalena79
Karyn
ktoliver5303
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
sunbaby
CrissyQ
NubieNatty
StephanieB
Mz. Thang
.:Eden:.
DvaAuNaturel
TerraD
Nikcoils
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Muz
Notthecoolmom
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
77 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by krazy coils 3rd June 2010, 10:20 pm

Hey Lynnie,

I think you should rinse your hair really well after swimming. Check out Kcurly on newlynatural.com. She gives tips for protecting hair from swimming.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage...

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:27 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Lynnie,

I think you should rinse your hair really well after swimming. Check out Kcurly on newlynatural.com. She gives tips for protecting hair from swimming.

She sure does. I forgot about that. Thanks.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:43 pm

swoodward wrote:Lynnie, have you ever rinsed your twists after a workout and just left them in?

No, I never done that. I typically wash my hair once a week. I spritz my scalp with my aloe spritz to refresh my scalp and keep the itchies away.

bholmes87 wrote:There are several baby steps that I can take for my fitness journey:

1. Cut out other beverages and drink only water
2. Limit fast food intake to the weekends, if at all
3. Workout for 30 minutes at least 3 days a week
4. Begin a running/walking routine
5. Walk my dog daily
6. Take the stairs, not the elevator
7. Opt to walk to campus rather than ride the trolley (when it's not dark)

You're so right when you said we take all these measure to make sure our hair is healthy, but what about the rest of our bodies?? Very motivating Lynnie Very Happy

That's a great list Bholmes. You should start out doing one or two of these and then add another one when youre ready.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 4th June 2010, 5:03 am

Hey Lynnie!!

Those Braid outs were so pretty! Roxie is showing out and doing a good job at it! Great look honey!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th June 2010, 10:34 am

Thanks KToliver!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th June 2010, 11:33 am

Lynnie! Your braidout was lovely! and the resulting post-gym, after shower hair! I'm glad you're keeping up with your healthier lifestyle. I've been eating better, but slacking on the workouts as of late. I'm getting myself back together though. I don't want to undo all the good (14 lb loss) i've done.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th June 2010, 11:44 am

CCC,

Thanks!!

I think that is everyone's struggle. You do great in one area (working out for me) but not so great in the other one (eating habits).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th June 2010, 5:51 pm

The Adventures of Potty Training

Everything is still going good. We still need to work on getting the poopie in the potty. No accidents today (so far).

In hair news...

Yesterday I put Roxie in large two strand twist. I took them out and made a big curly fro (pics Sunday). I am happy with my first results using the Shea Moisture Conditioning and Style Milk. I will retwist tonight and repeat tomorrow.

Random: This will probably be my last post until Sunday. I will be leaving in a little while heading to the Women's Retreat.

Fitness Journey

This morning the gym was like a ghost town. Here are my stats for today:

50 minutes of cardio - 3.75 miles (ran two of them) - 525 calories burned, weight training, I worked on arms and abs today.

When do you plan to start your fitness journey? Monday? Why wait until then, start today!!! Why start today? Because Monday never comes!!!

Later curlies!! I will check back with you guys on Sunday!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 4th June 2010, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th June 2010, 5:52 pm

changed title
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th June 2010, 9:59 am

Braid out is the BOMB!! Roxie is Growing up!! I'm glad potty training is going well. It is a process but it has great rewards.

Enjoy the Retreat. I want to hear all the good stuff you alll do and talk about.

Smooches Shee and Rogue!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th June 2010, 10:48 am

Enjoy the retreat. Aubrey Organics makes a Swimmer's Shampoo/Conditioner. I've seen it in Whole Foods. I also read about KCurly on Newly Natural using it after her swimming.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th June 2010, 7:35 pm

Thanks Shee and DVA!

This weekend was so AWESOME!!! From the retreat to service this morning at church. God showed up and showed out!!! I am so glad he loves and I love him too. :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_bounce :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_bounce :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_bounce <<<<<me shouting

The Adventures of Potting Training

Everything is still going great. My lil man has even stop wetting in the middle of the night. I am so excited he has caught on so fast.

In hair news...

I shampooed Roxie yesterday after my first time swimming as a natural :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_biggrin . I conditioned with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner. Roxie :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Lol at the HHC. She was like, "What is that suppose to do?!" I'm gonna try it again as a cowash conditioner and see what happens. If it doesnt work then, I will give it to my mom. Roxie wasnt feeling like herself so instead of doing my scheduled protein treatment, I decided to use KBB Luscious Hair Mask to deep condition. It worked like a charm. I moisturized with the usual and put Roxie in large two strand twist. I ended up wearing a puff today (pics tomorrow).

That's all for now!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th June 2010, 11:23 pm

Here are the pics of my puff

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Img_4710

:: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Img_4711
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th June 2010, 11:51 pm

Wow! I love that puff! Its so full and curly!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 7th June 2010, 12:20 am

Hey Lynnie! Just stopping by to check up on your and Roxie! Cute puff, chica!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th June 2010, 2:13 am

It IS full and curly, you look so pretty!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 7th June 2010, 3:39 am

hi girl! just stopping to say hi! that puff is looking gorgeous! Smile i love your coils.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 7th June 2010, 8:19 am

Roxie is looking awesome Lynnie!!! have a happy monday and a great work week hon Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th June 2010, 11:43 am

Hey Lynnie,

Your puff is really gorgeous!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th June 2010, 11:45 am

pretty puff!!! i love the waves at the front. what (if anything) did you slick it back with?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 12:52 pm

i havent seen that puff in a while...what a difference!! well i hope the HHC works for u esp since u got the overload size!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th June 2010, 2:24 pm

Ooooohhhhh Lynnie I love that puff!!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th June 2010, 2:27 pm

I like it, I like it :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_lol
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th June 2010, 4:57 pm

hey lynnie got a question, when you had your TWA, what did you use in your hair?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 5:25 pm

Hey pretty lady!

Love the fitness and potty training portion of your journal! Glad your son is catching on quickly :: Lynnieluve :: Celebrating 5 years of marriage... - Page 38 Icon_smile .

Roxie is looking great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next