CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please

5 posters

Go down

Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please Empty Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please

Post by MomToTwoCurlyGirls 23rd April 2010, 4:11 pm

HI Ladies!
I am new here and am totally overwhelmed with all of the information. I have two curly little girls and would love a little guidance with their hair (especially for my youngest daughter.)

I am having a lot of issues keeping my littlest girls hair well moisturized and I notice that lint, fuzz, debris of all sorts easily builds up on her hair. I shampoo her hair 1x a week, do a deep conditioner and usually use Kinky Curly Custard for her two strand twists (I usually leave her twists in for 2-3 days and then twist them out). She sleeps on a satin pillowcase and with a bonnet on.

Does anyone have any products that they can recommend that will add sheen to her hair, without weighing it down?

Thanks so much in advance!

MomToTwoCurlyGirls

Back to top Go down

Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please Empty Re: Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please

Post by NewlyNina 23rd April 2010, 4:24 pm

Hello!

For both of my girls I try to wash/conditon each week and style on wet hair. I always make sure to use a leave-conditoner and extra virgin olive oil after. To style I then use one of Afroveda's hair butters or either Darcy's Botanicals Madadascar Vanilla Styling Creme to twist, style, puff, whatever. And they do wonders! Then daily I refresh their hair with Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray ususally in the morning.

Hope this helps!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please Empty Re: Product Recommendation Much Needed, Please

Post by MomToTwoCurlyGirls 23rd April 2010, 4:27 pm

Thanks so much NewlyNina. What kind of styles do you do on your girls? I am find whenever my daughter's hair is out it is a magnet for "stuff". Where do you get the products that you recommended and do you cowash, etc? I have never done that. Thanks for your suggestions. It is much appreciated.

MomToTwoCurlyGirls

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 26th April 2010, 7:45 pm

Hello! I use a shea butter mixture with evoo,vitamin E, castor oil, aloe vera gel, and coconut oil on my daughters hair to two-strand twist her hair. But before I use the shea butter I use Mixed Chicks leave in condish. I have recently began to co-wash her hair using Aussie Moist conditioner.The twist will last her for a week and a half and then we do a twistout for the last couple of days. Then I do it all over again.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th May 2010, 6:44 pm

how old are your girls? My baby is 15months and co-washed her hair with Kinky Curly and I am wondering if that was right. She has very thin curly hair and it is very easy to breakage.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th May 2010, 10:22 pm

My daughter is 4 yrs old. When she was younger I just used the regular old baby shampoo.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 10th May 2010, 1:39 pm

My daughter is 4 yrs old and I keep it very simple with her hair --- it's fine and loosely curled ... if I had to type it I'd say highly porous, fine, 3b. I wash with Everyday Shea moisturizing shampoo, condition with Curly Q Coconut Dream Conditioner (amazing stuff!!!), and use Vatika Oil and Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey to twist/plait. I hadn't found the HG for leaving her hair out and am actually informally participating in the protective style challenge on BBandB (I found out about it too late, so I'm not listed as a participant, but I'm doing it). I'll was thinking of trying Blended Cutie Down and Out Styles for when her hair is out as it seems to get great reviews, but I'm a little skeptical b/c my DD's hair HATES butters and LOVES oils.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down