CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transitioning

3 posters

Go down

transitioning Empty transitioning

Post by transitionsista 16th April 2010, 9:04 am

What are great products to use so that while you are transitioning the front and back of your hair does not look nappy. I guess it looks that way because of the old relaxer. I would like for it to be smooth so that I dont have to gel down.

transitionsista

Back to top Go down

transitioning Empty Re: transitioning

Post by Pinkpearls 16th April 2010, 3:37 pm

elizabethd, I have the same problem with my hairline an nape being dry and porous. At a recent consultation, I was told that the dry, porous hair around my hairline and nape was damage from the relaxer and was not my natural texture.

My last relaxer was November 2009, so I'm fairly new and still trying to find what works best. Lately, I've been using organic aloe vera gel and my shea butter mixture. I smooth my hairline and nape with aloe vera gel, then smooth with shea butter and tie my satin scarf around my hairline and nape.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by transitionsista 16th April 2010, 4:43 pm

Thanks for the information. But geez when will my natural texture show up. I really do not want to do the Big Chop because I am just growing out my hair from when i did the "Rihanna cut" last Spring. The last time I relaxed it was Nov 2009 also, so I will give it until the end of the year to see how it all shakes out. I really hate the hairline and nape of my neck looking the way it does, so i will try your mixture. I appreciate the information.

transitionsista

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 16th April 2010, 8:16 pm

Be sure to use unrefined shea butter. After a few months of experimenting with different products, I am beginning to notice a difference with the shea butter and aloe. There are many shea butter/shealoe recipes online, or you can use plain unrefined shea butter. The Shea butter will melt in your hands, however, you will have to whip it if you desire a creamy consistency.

This is the recipe I used: http://www.diaryofahairobsession.com/?p=775

I also added a little emu oil to my recipe. Also, place the mixture in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for 30 minutes. Feel free to add/omit ingredients you have/don't have.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 16th April 2010, 9:12 pm

I would be sure to keep your hair moisturized with whatever it likes. I am new to this, just in March, but I have noticed even edges and necklines look refreshed with a touch or lot of moisture, whatever your hair requires. I I use a moisturizing gel through treasuredlocks, its just 8bucks, and I really like it. Check out the reviews when you get a chance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by transitionsista 17th April 2010, 5:43 am

Thanks Ladies for the Advice. I am going to attempt to make that Shealoe Butter Mousse Recipe. I did look up the gel--is it made by Taliah Waajidand its called Lock it up gel. There is a 16 and 8ounce and I see that they are sold at CVS and Beauty Supply stores.
By the way, what is co-wash? I have been seeing that a lot on the website.

transitionsista

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 17th April 2010, 3:59 pm

elizabethd76 wrote:Thanks Ladies for the Advice. I am going to attempt to make that Shealoe Butter Mousse Recipe. I did look up the gel--is it made by Taliah Waajidand its called Lock it up gel. There is a 16 and 8ounce and I see that they are sold at CVS and Beauty Supply stores.
By the way, what is co-wash? I have been seeing that a lot on the website.

Really, I looked on the CVS site, and wasn't able to find it, Oh...which beauty supplies?Thanks for the info. Co-wash is basically washing hair with conditioner in between shampoos to give hair a break from shampoo, but still allow hair to be refreshed and conditioned. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by transitionsista 23rd April 2010, 4:51 pm

Did you ever find the Lock it up gel??
http://www.naturalhair.org/cvsstoresaddresses.aspx

transitionsista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content