CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When are you officially natural?

+11
TMS
CurlsGalore
hurjurnee
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
HairKandi
iri9109
LaToya28
coilylove
Tamren
CrissyQ
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When are you officially natural? - Page 2 Empty Re: When are you officially natural?

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 2:56 pm

I understand what you are saying. On average, hair will grow 6 inches a year, which is half an inch each month. Of course, some people's hair grow faster, some slower.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

When are you officially natural? - Page 2 Empty Re: When are you officially natural?

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 6:24 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I understand what you are saying. On average, hair will grow 6 inches a year, which is half an inch each month. Of course, some people's hair grow faster, some slower.

Good to know.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 9:20 am

I understand exactly what you're saying Rose, but you have to consider transitioning time. It's funny though because my mom used to think the same thing--that she was natural because she hadn't relaxed in a while. I was like no ma'am that is not the case.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 9:23 am

[quote="RoseBud"]
DeltaAce2006 wrote:I say that I have been natural since January because when people look at my hair, i want them to see how much "natural" hair has grown since I stopped perming it. I do not go by my BC date, I go by my Last perm date.

They can see that by how much hair you have on your head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 16th April 2010, 11:09 am

I have to agree with Lynnie though. Any girl could say they are natural if they just haven't had a relaxer in awhile. I would say I transitioned for x amount of months and now I am natural. Even though I've been transitioning for a year and a half and most of my hair is relaxer free I still don't consider myself natural. Once I chop these bee stings (as my BFF sister says) off then I will be all natural. I also think you are still natural if you color your hair because you aren't trying to change the texture. It is just like wearing accesories. I don't think its right to say you are only natural when you use no chemicals because EVEYRTHING is a chemical even if it is found in the natural world. This blog post I read recently is regarding that issue. http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/chemical-are-you-scared-yet.html

Last edited by bevyboo628 on 16th April 2010, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2