CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm officially fed up

+9
Keisha
d.denise
jamaicacurl
natural83
SheeTacular
StacyB
dajewel
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tiashaunteé
13 posters

Go down

I'm officially fed up Empty I'm officially fed up

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd December 2009, 12:44 pm

I am tired of being tired. I've fallen asleep at stop lights, put my head down at work and drifted off, got lost in dazes...anything you can think of.

It seems the only time that I am not exhausted throughout the day is when I am able to sleep until 10am.

I go to bed between 10pm-11pm. I get at least the suggested 8 hours. I have experimented with less thinking I was getting too much. Nothing helps.

I have two modes "stop" and "super fast" because of school and every day life responsibilities. I can't nap during the day because I'm at work. I sit in 45min-1hr traffic (stressful) so when I get off work I have to immediately start doing homework if I want to go to bed at a decent hour.

I am wondering if I need to start taking some vitamins or something. Superwoman pills?

Has anyone been here? I am so very open to suggestions?

I know I should go to the doctor....but guess what? I don't have time. I could cut off all my "fun" activities but then I would really be miserable and I honestly don't want to give up anything that helps me feel relaxed.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I'm officially fed up Empty Re: I'm officially fed up

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 2nd December 2009, 1:00 pm

What about Super B Complex then give me energy.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd December 2009, 1:18 pm

how about doing yoga for 10 mins a day? i notice this helps bring me back to center, i have more energy and my sleep patterns are more regular
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 3rd December 2009, 12:01 am

Does any of these suggestions really work? I am on that same page with tiashauntee. I am in class 12 hours a day on Thursdays (luckily tomorrow is the last day but even though tomorrow is the last day I will be donating Thursdays to internship until classes begin again) but I am at an internship 2 days a week (Tuesday & Wednesday) and work Fri-Mon at a pscyhiatric treatment facility with adolescence girls with various issues.

So I am also stressed and tired all the time. Sometimes you feel alone that others don't understand you are tired but just assume your lazy.

Only suggestion I have is pray because I am still trying to find solutions to help me.

I haven't been able to really have any free activities throughout the week because I am tired all the time. Hopefully after tomorrow I can at least relax a little until January (Thank God I graduate in May)

I will purchase some yoga tapes as well as the vitamins. I know I didn't provide many suggestions tiashauntee but just know you are not alone.
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd December 2009, 12:06 am

Tia make time to go to the doctor. It actually sounds like you have a Vitamin D deficiancy but the doctor can tell you how much to take.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd December 2009, 12:37 am

@StacyB: My prayer life has improved greatly as a result of all this stress. I am thankful for that.

@SheeTacular: I didn't even think about that. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case because I know I am not getting as much Vitamin D as I should be getting
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 4th December 2009, 4:36 am

I say get on a good multivitamin!!!!! GNC Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins are great! They actually have an Ultra Mega Womens VitaPak, that comes with like 6 different vitamins in a daily pak. I take these every morning, and I always feel energized throughout my day!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 4th December 2009, 12:09 pm

I agree with the suggestions for vitamins! I am not always tired per se as I am just lacking energy. So, when I remember, I take B-complex vitamins and they tend to help. I may look into those vitamins natural83 referred to.

Also, try to eat energy boosting snacks like nuts. Here's a link to fitness mag's suggestions for energy boosting foods:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/snacks/healthy/11-energy-boosting-snacks/

Last edited by jamaicacurl on 4th December 2009, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th December 2009, 12:12 pm

I spent about 20 minutes in the vitamin section the other day and I came across Stresstabs[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have been taking them for two days and I really do notice a difference. I do not like popping pills so I am hoping that this something that I will not need once my life slows down. So far, I like them. I can sleep at night, I have energy during the day, and I am not getting so easily worked up. Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th December 2009, 12:53 pm

plus i want to ask this don't get upset but are you sure that you are not pregnant?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th December 2009, 1:00 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:plus i want to ask this don't get upset but are you sure that you are not pregnant?
&^)@#6)%*)&@#^$&)@^()@ <----me cussing LOL

I am on BC but I know it's not 100%, I thought about getting a test but keep putting it off. It wouldn't hurt, I might do that just to be sure. I drink a lot of coffee and I do drink wine, if I was preggy I would be extremely upset with myself.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th December 2009, 2:43 am

omg I think I sleep too much. and I'm still tired. I started taking multi vitamins a week ago but I also started eating lots of little snacks - oranges, apples, strawberries, carrots, whatever fits in a baggy and doesn't need to be refrigerated for too long. I, too, am in traffic TOO DANG LONG and I have to have my gospel CDs when its really bad. Please believe there is no traffic like the "parking lot" that is LA freeways. At one point I would almost be in tears at the sight of traffic. And its even worse because theres NEVER an accident.... there's just traffic just because... not even during rush hour... but ALL DANG DAY!

But the snacks help - a LITTLE. I don't exercise. That's my downfall. I used to walk my dog for 30-45 minutes every morning and that really did get my day started on the right foot. So I think I need to go back to that. Getting some fresh air may help. Just standing outside in the morning while you pray may help since you're at work all day then in the house all day to do homework... ok I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop but I definitely feel where you are coming from...

Good luck and I hope pills work - but I hate poppin pills too :-/
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 8th December 2009, 2:35 am

for me exercise helps... it gives me energy during the day for when im at work and at school and when i get home, its as if my body knows that its time for bed so i fall asleep easily. Im usually in a deep sleep. Some people dont experience REM sleep so they may be alseep but not truly asleep. meaning that ur body isn't fully rested, which may cause u to be sleepy and slugging during the day even if u do get the recommended 8 hours a sleep. My bf had this problem, he would sleep for 8, 9, sometimes 10 hours. But during the day he would be tired and dozed off once behind the wheel. Turns out he wasn't experiencing REM sleep do to sleep apnea caused by snoring.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 9th December 2009, 7:16 pm

Tia are u experiencing any other symptoms?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th December 2009, 1:53 am

Mz. Thang wrote:Tia are u experiencing any other symptoms?

Nothing out of my ordinary weirdness. Smile
Since I started taking in more vitamins I have been feel a lot better. I have an I don't care attitude now, I am not getting worked up as easily.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 10th December 2009, 2:22 am

You should really try doing yoga, it is very relaxing. I used to go to classes at the gym but have since dropped my membership but I still do the positions at home when I am stressed. It's amazing how much tension you can release from your body when you just focus on breathing and relaxation.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 10th December 2009, 10:00 am

Make the time to go to the doctor. Maybe vitamins are the cure, but be safe and seek medical help.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 11th December 2009, 11:22 pm

Ok this is coming from a completely different direction, but I ran across it today and it is so relevant to my life lol - so I'm sharing. I got it from this blog (go figure the girls name is Tia! lol) and her blog is Coach T.I.A. Take Inspired Action and she says:

"When I'm letting life happen to me instead of making life happen, I feel tired, listless, low on energy, and totally unmotivated....

The thing is, if you're lacking energy and motivation, chances are it doesn't have as much to do with what you're eating or doing, as much as what you're thinking or making yourself do. Your body is merely an expression of your thoughts and feelings. It's your own personal barometer telling you how aligned you are with your life's purpose." (her bold not mine)

And that is so relevant to me because I am so tired all the time and I'm pretty sure it's because of my job lol. I just don't wanna do it - I'm not there mentally and it's affecting the way I feel and probably affecting my body....Just another way to look at it!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th December 2009, 2:12 am

wow, I really think I needed to read that.....something to think about
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 21st January 2010, 4:01 pm

I second the vitamins! Especially a B-complex!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st January 2010, 5:02 pm

Since I started taking the Stresstabs I have been sleeping like a hibernating bear!! I feel great (other than this cold) and I have energy!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 21st January 2010, 5:21 pm

LOL. Great!!! Nothing like sleeping like a hibernating bear Smile
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content