CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knock-off Denman Brush (Goody version)

+10
CocoEuro
blondie
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
avyishi
tiashaunteƩ
Nikcoils
MsJay1121
iri9109
C.
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Knock-off Denman Brush (Goody version) - Page 2 Empty Re: Knock-off Denman Brush (Goody version)

Post by jlowman1 7th April 2010, 8:31 pm

I usually dont have a problem with curl definition. The perimeter of my head is springy coils but at the top in the middle, its more of a wavy s curl type pattern. I just cowash with Tresemme Naturals and use Aussie Moist and Suave Naturals as a leave in (I use a little extra in the top) then I put some of Fleurtzy's Curls Nurture Cream and seal with a little coconut oil. That cream has definitely helped enhance the curl definition in that awkward spot of my head...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Knock-off Denman Brush (Goody version) - Page 2 Empty Re: Knock-off Denman Brush (Goody version)

Post by blondie 7th April 2010, 10:11 pm

2.99 at the BSS
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 8th April 2010, 12:43 am

@ Kinda_Curly, on my wavier parts i cowash detangle as usual then rinse under cool water add more conditioner then don't comb that usually works for me but you can also scrunch the conditioner in or you can add a little eco styler gel or use a diffuser, and don't touch, lol

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 8th April 2010, 4:32 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:I have the Annie version that I got from my local BSS. I think it was like $2 and I removed every other row.

Does removing the rows help clump the curls?
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 8th April 2010, 12:00 pm

@coceuro- im wondering the same thing. i want to clump/enhance/get my curls to stay the same way dry as when wet

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 27th April 2010, 7:28 pm

You can find the Goody version at CVS. I previously worked there for 4 years and I went back to see if they had it like 2 months ago and they still carry it. It goes on sale fairly regularly too (BOGO free!).
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 27th April 2010, 10:51 pm

I got mine from CVS, I used it to take down some mirco braids in my own hair and it took so much of my hair out, I had to cut No

So I don't recommend it for detangling or anything else
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 3rd May 2010, 2:06 pm

I bought the Goody one at a local beauty supply and I love it!
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 3rd May 2010, 2:51 pm

@beautywithcurls,

I'll have to try that. right now my hair is in tiny twists that i set on perm rods. so far i like it and have gotten a lot of compliments from all types of people [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just one question: How long does the style last? I tried a wash n go once and it didnt look too good. I got more definition from just letting my hair air dry after applying a leave-in, only problem was it shrunk to my scalp and trying to lift it caused major frizz [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 7:44 am

I just bought the goodys brush yesterday and I adore it!! It was $5 but its also available on this site as well (along with other great products for naturals at VERY affordable prices) http://www.luvnaturals.com/
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 7:46 am

agore07 wrote:I got mine from CVS, I used it to take down some mirco braids in my own hair and it took so much of my hair out, I had to cut No

So I don't recommend it for detangling or anything else

For taking out micros I wouldnt suggest using that brush..for a process like that you would need ALOT of conditioner and a wide tooth comb to start with....the brush can be a little too harsh for that, plus you have alot of hair that needed to shed anyway while you kept the braids in so it may have seemed like the brush took out alot of hair, while that was probably alot of shed hair too...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 4th May 2010, 4:01 pm

@kinda_curly_cassie09 for me a day or two depending on the weather....If air drying works better then you can try to lift it with hair clips..I mostly air dry myself because i'm still wearing short hair and i don't mind the shrinkage. you can also let it dry in twist to stretch it.
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 4th May 2010, 4:59 pm

beautywithcurls wrote:@kinda_curly_cassie09 for me a day or two depending on the weather....If air drying works better then you can try to lift it with hair clips..I mostly air dry myself because i'm still wearing short hair and i don't mind the shrinkage. you can also let it dry in twist to stretch it.

okay. thanks. by stretch them with clips do you mean clipping the roots so it doesnt shrink all the way?

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 6th May 2010, 1:40 pm

@ kinda_curly yes that's exactly what i mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2